Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,393,629 times

Advertisements

I really really really want an answer to this post

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by Gtownoe
There wasn't even a considerable offense for the level of force anyway.
Are you saying Brown committed a crime? If so, could you identify the statute in Missouri?

Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It is not a color issue. People are making it one.
You should watch some of the live stream tapes from the independents.
The independents talked to the peon in the streets unlike the MSM who only interview talking heads.

Here's some of what the independents recorded from people:

(paraphrasing)

The White man keeping us locked up on the plantation (the police kept protesters to a certain area)
Massa said keep moving (when the police told them to keep moving and not congregate)
They better do the right thing and put that cop in jail for murder (woman hanging out)
They holding us back. They puttin our kids in jail. It ain't right. (older man hanging out)

Go watch some of the live stream feeds like Vice, Argus and I am Mike Brown.

It IS all about race now. The "justice" they want is Wilson behind bars convicted of murder.
Their "hero" is Michael Brown.

Anything short of that is unacceptable to them.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:46 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,140,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I really really really want an answer to this post

Are you saying Brown committed a crime? If so, could you identify the statute in Missouri?
Why was he under arrest?

Old 08-20-2014, 07:48 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,393,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Why was he under arrest?
No. We don't answer a question with a question. Please answer my question.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:54 AM

6,824 posts, read 14,052,162 times
What this thread has demonstrated to me is that you have some whites who really want this officer to be not guilty while you have some blacks who wants the officer head on a platter. Facts and getting down to the truth means nothing. They just want their bias to be validated. If the cop is found guilty it will validate that all cops who shots blacks are racist. If it is found the shooting is justified it be a another case of blacks seeing what is not their. What I do know is that minorities are killed at a higher rate than whites when it comes to police officers. This is a proven fact and we need to have a honest discussion as to the reason why. This entire Ferguson case should be based on the facts that did happen not opinions on what we hope happened to validate are bias. The only thing I hope for is the actual truth to come out on this case. I hope people are willing to accept the facts whatever they are. If he is found totally innocent based on the facts you will have blacks who will still feel like he got away with murder. If he is found guilty you will have whites who feel like he was railroaded because of his color. Both will simply ignore the actual facts because it does not fit their narrative. This is truly the saddest part of this story.

Reggie

Old 08-20-2014, 07:55 AM

So the mob want's Wilson's head on a platter.
That's the justice they want and the only justice they will settle for.

Will Holder oblige ?
The Governor even wants to see Wilson prosecuted.
You have elected officials in Congress calling this a murder, execution and assassination.

The "bread and circus" that the government has been playing just got their ante "upped".
Will they "feed the Christian to the lion" to keep the crowds happy and content ?

Old 08-20-2014, 07:55 AM

19,855 posts, read 12,130,333 times
It just needs to be investigated without all the drama and fighting.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:56 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,911,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
What this thread has demonstrated to me is that you have some whites who really want this officer to be not guilty while you have some blacks who wants the officer head on a platter. Facts and getting down to the truth means nothing. They just want their bias to be validated. If the cop is found guilty it will validate that all cops who shots blacks are racist. If it is found the shooting is justified it be a another case of blacks seeing what is not their. What I do know is that minorities are killed at a higher rate than whites when it comes to police officers. This is a proven fact and we need to have a honest discussion as to the reason why. This entire Ferguson case should be based on the facts that did happen not opinions on what we hope happened to validate are bias. The only thing I hope for is the actual truth to come out on this case. I hope people are willing to accept the facts whatever they are. If he is found totally innocent based on the facts you will have blacks who will still feel like he got away with murder. If he is found guilty you will have whites who feel like he was railroaded because of his color. Both will simply ignore the actual facts because it does not fit their narrative. This is truly the saddest part of this story.

Reggie

Looks like we need a jury all Hispanic and Asian.

I am a white guy who is still up in the air on this. Nothing matters except what happened in the last few seconds of Brown's life. It does not matter if Brown was a total scumbag or a saint. What matters is was he bum rushing the cop or surrendering.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:57 AM

19,855 posts, read 12,130,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
They took sides due to race. Others are taking sides due to FACTS. BIG, BIG difference there.
I suspect when people can ONLY see race, they attribute everything to race. What a terrible way to go through life.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
no different than you backing the white cop, regardless if he is guilty or not. like i said, they took sides, as you have. your as bad as them, if not worse since you arn't even there.
I'm not backing the White cop.
We only have bits and pieces of facts.
I haven't taken any sides at all.
Just commenting on evidence as it comes out.

How can anyone take a side when they don't know what happened ?

And because I posted what the Black protesters said that automatically makes me take the side of the cop ?

All I can say is that all objectivity is gone for some people.
"You're either with us or you are the enemy"

Me, I will wait for the Grand Jury to determine the fate.
They will have the evidence and they will hear the witnesses.

What I don't understand is how people can condemn a person (Brown or Wilson) based on biased stories they read from the MSM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies