Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 08:41 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
First, they are not just a few.

Second, that is not what I said, although I could have been clearer.

When I hear people talk here or in the media, its very easy to hear the unspoken racism between the lines of what they say. Based on that, and my personal experience in real life with people who speak the same way, its quite easy to tell when people are racists.

There are blatant racists and there are more subtle racists. Anyone who has lived around racists in large groups has no trouble spotting them.
So now it is the between the lines racism. I'm wondering, have you ever meet a white person that wasn't racist? Do you hold other races to the same standards you hold white people re racism?

Old 08-27-2014, 08:49 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,436,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh give it up race hustler. Go join the rest of the pack and have a circle jerk thinking about all the racist whites that you know.
Nice. Thanks for showing us who you really are.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:55 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,277 times
Personally, I don't think they're worse. But I think they perception is that things are worse due to how these tragedies have been exploited by the media, race-baiters and racists. With how much attention was brought to two killings of young Black men, its really stoked the perception of racism. These were isolated incidents, not the systemic norm, but its been in our faces so much that its hard to ignore it.

There are people and groups on both sides that feed off of perpetuating racism. Its in their best interest to keep people at each others throats and inciting hatred, but they're a tiny minority with the loudest voices. Stormfront, the Black Panthers, Jackson, KKK, Sharpton, etc. each want racism to endure, as without it they're irrelevant. Naturally, they're often the first ones on the scene to turn an individual tragedy into a sideshow that dominates headlines for weeks.

There will ALWAYS be racist people, regardless of color, but with how our media and society have exploited these tragedies and twisted them to fit their agenda to keep the perception of widespread racism alive, they're one ones making race relations worse.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:59 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
African Americans Think Race Relations Have Gotten Worse Since 2009
Sometimes people marry the wrong person knowing there is a problem with him/her, but they think they can change the partner over time, but people don't change. Racism is alive and well in US, and its foolish to think one person is going to change it. If its worse, it is thanks to the media, who loves to play different groups of people against each other in order to create news.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-27-2014 at 09:22 AM..

Old 08-27-2014, 09:01 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,271,982 times
I think everyone agrees.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:04 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Race relations got worse but it wasn't because of President Obama. It was because of the white supremacist that hate the fact that their president is black and him and his attorney general standing up to white supremacist when they have to. There's also the fact that these types are upset about the executive branch standing up for voting rights, women's rights, and civil rights...

Good grief. Are you actually claiming that Obama and Holder didn't contribute to this divide? That it's ALL because of white people??

Old 08-27-2014, 09:08 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Nice. Thanks for showing us who you really are.
You are the one showing your true colors. You think all white people you hear speak are using "between the lines" racism when they truly aren't. That says a lot about YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:09 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post

Good grief. Are you actually claiming that Obama and Holder didn't contribute to this divide? That it's ALL because of white people??
Yes, the truly brainwashed lemmings really do think this. That's why they will never move forward in life.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:10 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
When Newton, MA voted in its first black mayor, Obama called him up to congratulate him. I was highly offended by that gesture. Obama should have been colourless in his leadership style, instead he is the one who keeps focusing on his blackness and making US race relations more polarized and volatile.

I do think that many blacks in America naively thought that Obama was going to give them more entitlements. I have also read that those in Africa, especially in Kenya, thought that Obama being president was going to result in more handouts to their countries.

BTW there should have been more repercussions over Obama's illegal family members being allowed to stay in the US. WTF? Again, Obama acting more like a king than a president.
And you know for a FACT that the president DID NOT call any other mayor to congratulate him or her?

What nonsense this post is.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:18 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,436,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So now it is the between the lines racism. I'm wondering, have you ever meet a white person that wasn't racist? Do you hold other races to the same standards you hold white people re racism?
Racism like any human trait exists in degrees.

Sure I've met white people who are not racist.

I don't hold anyone to any standard unless its in a personal relationship or a work situation. Doesn't mean I don't form opinions about their character or lack thereof. If you are asking whether or not people of other races can be racists sure they can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies