Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 11:20 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
It looks like your vote was the exception. Most Americans vote for either 1 of 2 parties...
Or they don't vote at all or they vote independent. Many Americans aren't loyal to any one party but will vote the for the "lesser of the two evils".

Old 08-27-2014, 11:24 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Sure jump right in and tell us why its such a great thing.
Why is it great???

There is no riots in my area......very little crime......we do not even need police.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:25 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Who's denying there is racism? How old are you? Do some reading about what real racism was about before the civil rights movement.

Today it's more about perpetuating HATE based on the color of one's skin - black AND white people.
I'm well aware of the history of racism in this country.

Lots of people are racists without converting their fear and ignorance into active hatred.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:35 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
No that wasn't my assumption. You have been quite clear that's not the case in many of your posts on other threads.

I have never really encountered difficulties in my life from being a woman. That doesn't stop me from understanding what average women have faced and still face with regard to being deprived of equal opportunity or discrimination they have faced or continue to face.
I have wildly gone off topic with this but let me at least help you understand why I chose to do so. You made an assertion about how society at large sees most mixed race people (e.g. as their minority heritage). I'm trying to help you understand that mixed race people are a very large number of Americans and do not always look like their minority heritage. You made the assumption that mixed race people look like their minority heritage. You made the assumption that I look like my minority heritage. Just want you to understand that sometimes it's not always black and white (pun intended).

Old 08-27-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Or they don't vote at all or they vote independent. Many Americans aren't loyal to any one party but will vote the for the "lesser of the two evils".
The rather coveted swing vote lies in this group.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:41 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I have wildly gone off topic with this but let me at least help you understand why I chose to do so. You made an assertion about how society at large sees most mixed race people (e.g. as their minority heritage). I'm trying to help you understand that mixed race people are a very large number of Americans and do not always look like their minority heritage. You made the assumption that mixed race people look like their minority heritage. You made the assumption that I look like my minority heritage. Just want you to understand that sometimes it's not always black and white (pun intended).
Sorry I didn't make those assumptions although I agree I did not spell that out. You have been very clear in other threads that you can pass as white.

My assertion was regarding mixed race individuals who are clearly mixed and really my thought process was with regard to individuals who people know are mixed. Not sure that's any clearer, but I need to go for a while so will have to address it later if its not.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:43 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,801 times
Quote:
I'm well aware of the history of racism in this country.

Lots of people are racists without converting their fear and ignorance into active hatred.
Well good for you for getting it under control.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Sorry I didn't make those assumptions although I agree I did not spell that out. You have been very clear in other threads that you can pass as white.

My assertion was regarding mixed race individuals who are clearly mixed and really my thought process was with regard to individuals who people know are mixed. Not sure that's any clearer, but I need to go for a while so will have to address it later if its not.
Yes, some people have not recognized that I am mixed or have a black father. I got my mother's light skin. Oddly though, it's only white people who have done that. Don't think I've met a black person yet that thought I was all white. Not sure why that is.

Seriously now - I swear I'll stop being off topic!

Old 08-27-2014, 12:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Yes, some people have not recognized that I am mixed or have a black father. I got my mother's light skin. Oddly though, it's only white people who have done that. Don't think I've met a black person yet that thought I was all white. Not sure why that is.

Seriously now - I swear I'll stop being off topic!
Probably because we just know. Lots of people who identify as black have people in our families who look just like you. Most of us are not so-called "biracial", but most of us are mixed.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:42 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
It looks like your vote was the exception. Most Americans vote for either 1 of 2 parties...
I didn't vote for McCain, Romney or Obama either. I haven't voted for a D or R since 1996 when I based my Dole vote on wanting Jack Kemp as VP and one day POTUS. Closest someone that libertarian has ever come to the White House. Since then, I vote Libertarian, write in my own name or stay home.

And read Malcolm X on how neither party is a friend of any race, particularly black people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies