Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 08:47 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Hmm! Is the black community a separate nation? I think not. Such lack of control affects us all in one way or another and affects the United States as a whole. We all have the right to comment regardless of our race.

Thinking otherwise a part of the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Why not? Are you not Americans as well? Are you a separate nation? No, you're not.
I say that because obviously, people like the guy I responded to aren't going to do anything about it and don't want to do anything about it.

First off, blacks have to take responsibility for themselves. We're not supposed to get handouts, right?
Second, I said what I said because some people don't give a damn about the black community. They say these things not as "constructive criticism", but just to find another way to back whatever backward ass racist preconceived notions they already have.

Those looters don't exactly speak for the ENTIRE race.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I say that because obviously, people like the guy I responded to aren't going to do anything about it and don't want to do anything about it.

First off, blacks have to take responsibility for themselves. We're not supposed to get handouts, right?
Second, I said what I said because some people don't give a damn about the black community. They say these things not as "constructive criticism", but just to find another way to back whatever backward ass racist preconceived notions they already have.

Of course not. Logical thinking people realize this. But as Americans we should all care about our communities regardless of race. And it's not only blacks that should take responsibility for ourselves. We all should!

Old 08-29-2014, 08:55 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Of course not. Logical thinking people realize this. But as Americans we should all care about our communities regardless of race. And it's not only blacks that should take responsibility for ourselves. We all should!
Seems like that's too much for some people to do.

(You have to keep in mind, it seems that not everyone is capable of being "logical thinking people" when it comes to race. These threads show it...)

Old 08-29-2014, 08:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Seems like that's too much for some people to do.

(You have to keep in mind, it seems that not everyone is capable of being "logical thinking people" when it comes to race. These threads show it...)

Yes. Sadly it does. And blacks and whites on CD are equally guilty of being illogical at times.

Old 08-29-2014, 05:56 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The Ferguson episode did major damage to any credibility the black community might have ever had. No one with any measure of logic and common sense can look at the physical and emotional response to the Mike Brown incident and say "Gee, black people are so rational and responsible!!" In fact, they should be saying the exact opposite, and the truth is most people are. A major setback for the black community indeed.
If I look down the annals of history, Blacks have always been hated. So for that reason, I don't think you are to make the judgment of "it destroyed the credibility of the Black community". Blacks have been hated going all the way back to the Reconstruction days and even before that.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:11 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,059,397 times
Quote:

But whites and some other races will look for any reason to talk bad about blacks.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:13 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The Ferguson episode did major damage to any credibility the black community might have ever had. No one with any measure of logic and common sense can look at the physical and emotional response to the Mike Brown incident and say "Gee, black people are so rational and responsible!!" In fact, they should be saying the exact opposite, and the truth is most people are. A major setback for the black community indeed.
Actually, it destroyed the credibility of right-wingers. Everyone else sees how they cheered police turning into a violent mob that terrorized both peaceful protesters, and in some cases people walking down the street or sitting in restaurants, and compared that to how they rushed to defend white tax evaders actively threatening law enforcement, and said...

Well, actually, we just said "They are who we thought they were." So, never mind, their credibility is exactly where it used to be. Zero.

Us black folks? Nah, the only people that thought white cops driving up and down residential streets attacking whatever person they saw walking around, are the same people that would have cheered the 1921 Tulsa riots, and they always hated us.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:29 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Exactly. I didn't vote for Obama, I don't agree with many of his policies and I am disappointed he has not been able to bridge some of the racial divide in this country.

That being said, all of the above is true. And, every white person I know personally who engages in this sort of vitriol directed to the president is racist to their core and I have known that about them before I ever heard of Obama.

There used to be a level of respect in this country for the office of the Presidency no matter how much people may have disrespected the man himself or his policies.

Watching white people foam at the mouth because they cannot tolerate a black president has been quite eye opening and disgusting at the same time.
I still can't forget an article I was reading prior to the 2008 election when people were being polled as to why they would not vote for Obama. One woman said, "It just doesn't seem right that a black man should be over me."

Now you can read something naughty into that, hehehe, but seriously the fact that this woman felt that way and was honest enough to state it, and that she probably isn't the only one, was jarring to read.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
I don't see a bit of difference in race relations.

Don't care if they're supposedly better or worse either.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
i can blame obama for alot. i can even defend some things-- but many are not acting at all like his sons, not even a little. i dont even want to think what Dr. King would say about the violence.
please stop the violence.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 08-30-2014 at 05:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies