Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 05:05 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Many older teachers pack a firearm in their purse. Have for years and no one knows any difference.
Today as your children sit in class, their teacher may have a firearm in their purse and you would never know it.
I read your post about bringing long guns to school so that you could go hunting after classes. My husband told me the same thing a few months ago back when he was in school (Tennessee).

Related to your above post, I know a guy in western Tennessee. He works part-time as a cop and full time as a teacher. He's been carrying (ankle holster) in class for as long as he's been teaching. They're out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 07:09 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,147,833 times
I'm a HS teacher in TN. I also have a permit, which I'd say about 50-60% of our faculty have as well. The law states that firearms and their ammunition must be kept separate in our cars, if we are parked on campus. I'd also say that 90% of the ccw teachers are carrying - in their autos - and are probably breaking the above mentioned law.

As a teacher and a ccw permit holder, I'd have no problem with certain teachers carrying on campus - as long as they went through specific scenario training, psychological screening, frequent refresher courses, etc. Not all would have to do so, just 1-2 in each section of the building. Many of the larger schools would be almost impossible to guarantee a fast response time for the single school resource officer on campus. And it would be prudent to keep the carriers as much of a secret as possible from the students, although that might be a pipe dream.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:13 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
You and I no longer have the option of open worship, without punishment and oppression. That choice is made for us.
They are trying like hell, to take the choice of what firearm you and I can own. I cannot legally own the fully automatic rifles I have now, without paying for and asking permission. The choice is made for us.
You and I no longer have a choice wheather I have health insurance or not. That choice is now made for us.
BS, pray anywhere you want.

Too late I already own them. You can own darn near anything under the sun, don't want to pay the tax/fee then you do so at your own risk. FYI admitting you own full auto weapons with having do so following the protocols set in place is not exactly a smart move. You do know these sites are monitored don't you and if they demand it the owners of this site will give them your information, if caught you could end up spend Years in a Federal Prison, watch what you say on these boards they are not secure. Be smart BentBow.

Which I disagree with but would add that anyone seeking medical aide without it and cannot pay does not get any help, why should the rest pay for the cheap and lazy through higher premiums and costs.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You do know these sites are monitored don't you and if they demand it the owners of this site will give them your information, if caught you could end up spend Years in a Federal Prison, watch what you say on these boards they are not secure. Be smart BentBow.

Come & Take It

Give me liberty, or give me death.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Come & Take It

Give me liberty, or give me death.
Have you lost your freakn mind, BentBow?

I am pro 2nd A and do not give a rats behind what you own, after all this time I would have assumed you understood that by now.

FYI: keep pushing, you keep saying things you shouldn't on a public board and I can assure you that the powers that be will have zero problem obliging you and come and take what you have and you yourself away, is that Really what you want? Step back and take a few deep breaths and Think, if not of yourself then of your Family.

Good Luck

Old 08-29-2014, 08:36 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
It's easy to emotional and angry over these issues , and though it's not particularly smart ,they are venting, ignoring the fact that this is is all public record..

Old 08-29-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It's easy to emotional and angry over these issues , and though it's not particularly smart ,they are venting, ignoring the fact that this is is all public record..
It is a Warning that should be included in the TOS and on topic of every page.
Anyone can read what is posted here and if that anyone is a government agency they can identify you through the site and then things can go down hill very fast. People can also report posts to the government, all it takes is a phone call, how do think people that have posted extremist viewpoints on places such as Face Book have been tracked down and arrested/questioned by the government. Be careful what you say publically you may have the freedom of speech but that does not mean you have the freedom from the consequences that may come as a result of your expressing yourself. Do yourselves a favor, chose your words carefully.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Have you lost your freakn mind, BentBow?

I am pro 2nd A and do not give a rats behind what you own, after all this time I would have assumed you understood that by now.

FYI: keep pushing, you keep saying things you shouldn't on a public board and I can assure you that the powers that be will have zero problem obliging you and come and take what you have and you yourself away, is that Really what you want? Step back and take a few deep breaths and Think, if not of yourself then of your Family.

Good Luck

When you fear the government and by your post you have great fear of them, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.

The Police State we have today, is because the government fears the people like me, with liberty and freedom, to put a hurt on all that try to oppress me and my liberties. They fear not those they have trapped in tyranny.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
When you fear the government and by your post you have great fear of them, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.

The Police State we have today, is because the government fears the people like me, with liberty and freedom, to put a hurt on all that try to oppress me and my liberties. They fear not those they have trapped in tyranny.
You mistake Common Sense for Fear. I see you are in soapbox mode at this point, let me know when you return to Terra Firma.

Have an Excellent Holiday Weekend, try and get some rest.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
You mistake Common Sense for Fear. I see you are in soapbox mode at this point, let me know when you return to Terra Firma.

Have an Excellent Holiday Weekend, try and get some rest.
For some odd reason, you suggested I fear the government and to be careful. What do I have to fear and why should I have fear of my government coming after me?
Port A, here I come!

Toes in the water, ass in the sand.

Last edited by BentBow; 08-29-2014 at 12:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies