Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 10:44 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,483,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why do white conservative jump up and down in glee whenever they see blacks being "shouted at"? They think they are not being racist saying the things they do, but they don't realize the very patronizing, paternalistic attitude many have towards blacks. Almost as if they still think blacks are all misbehaving children that need to be reigned in, punished, and scolded. That is racism, too. But, white conservatives seem to think you're only racist if you shout n*****
Your problem here is that you must think they should really care.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:45 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
LOL.....when I was a late teenager I wanted to be black.

If I was black....I would be in the same place I am today.

I am a minority in my business.......less than one percent of water well drillers are female.
Really, that is unusual to say the least, I won't ask for specifics.

Probably because it is not the skin color that defines who you as a person.

True, but the industry is changing while working for Halliburton we had more and more women coming into the industry and many of those from other countries, such as Brazil, that came here for training were women. Good to see women are discovering that they can earn a good living in the drilling industry. It is not without it's risks though, but then again many jobs have them. FYI, we have "discussed" issues for a while now, usually on opposite sides, but not always, but I have to admit it took me a while to figure out that you were a woman, the handle threw me off, that is how stereotyping works, good to see you are a front running in changing that one.

1,701 posts, read 1,109,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
You have to admit if white people had the problems black people had, the government would leave no stone unturned until the problem was solved. For black people, even though the government put us in the situation to begin with, they do nothing. Not that I want the government to do anything at this point. There should be some white people out there who out of decency should want to lend their wealth toward their fellow black Americans. Yet this country is so greedy, they won't spare one cent in healing old wounds.

Yeah we have the power to fix our community and we must do it, or else many black generations will be lost.
Why don't you ask Jay-Z or Kanye West for a lending hand or one of the many other successful black people that are millionaires? You want to build "Blacktowns" with money from white people???

You have a real typical entitlement mentality thinking that white people (especially those with money) owe you something because of something that never happened to you.

I've read every one of your posts on this thread and all I see is you saying "you owe me", which is so pathetic.

24,645 posts, read 38,687,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They just need to quit looking at themselves as black and just be Americans that need to compete to be successful.
Always thought I could do that - until I got reminded, and still do, that because I'm black I'm something that's not just American.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
You won't give a dime from me.
Want to edit that?

Old 08-28-2014, 10:46 AM

2,463 posts, read 1,460,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Is it the wealthy Blacks' fault that other Blacks are struggling? Is it anyone's fault that all ethnic groups have their own poor and struggling? There exists ample opportunity in this country for anyone who desires to go to school and get an education or to go into business an d succeed. We are responsible for ourselves. Being poor is a choice.
Every group has it's poor among them. Yet black people have more poor than what is considered natural. Either there is something genetically wrong with us or our history has something to do with it.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:47 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,483,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
If they have the money to move, that would be a great option. I grew up in a good neighborhood, and often I think about what I would have done if I grew up in a crime infested one. Given the knowledge that I currently have, I would implore my parents to move from there. If they didn't, as soon as I could be ready, I would run away and try to find a well off family wanting to help a poor black kid out. (Of course I would pull my weight around for room and board.) That's kind of how I see a generous offer of reparations from wealthy white families by the way.
Why should wealthy white people GIVE their money. Are your arms broken? Are you mentally challenged? Why don't they simply WORK for what they want like the wealthy white people do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
A mass injustice was done to many people. The only people who are still constantly whining about it is blacks. The others have moved on and progressed.
Really? Examples, please.

89,188 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Didnt we already have this conversation. 22,000 people per year over a 40 year period leaving the north( becuase as previously stated, your link says nothing about blue or red states; Indiana is a northern state and it is red) is not "flight".

And leaving the city is not the same as leaving the state.
Your quibble is with the U.S. Census and the NY Times which is quoting the Census report. You have never explained or documented why the Census analysts are incorrect in their professional assessments.

In other words... you can't handle the truth. Younger and more educated Blacks are fleeing the damage liberals have done to Blacks in the Northeast and Midwest.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Many whites lost their homes and loved ones fighting to free the slaves.

Maybe whites should get some money???
You've got a lot of money, right? Why don't you pay up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies