Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Your quibble is with the U.S. Census and the NY Times which is quoting the Census report. You have never explained or documented why the Census analysts are incorrect in their professional assessments.

In other words... you can't handle the truth. Younger and more educated Blacks are fleeing the damage liberals have done to Blacks in the Northeast and Midwest.
My quibble has never been with either of them, its your analysis of their findings.

Neither of the 2 say black people are flying to the south. It is you who is saying that, and it is you who is wrong.

Your own link says that only 22,000 people actually migrate from the North to the South( the South includes Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware) a year. That isnt what most people would define as black flight.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:02 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You do know that it is very hard for people to move outside the inner cities.............

Yes indeed. It's a wonder the West ever got settled by those folks who had to give up everything and travel in covered wagons fighting the elements, Indians, etc. I agree the Blacks stepped into a can of worms when they left the South and moved to the auto industries of Detroit.

I don't know what has been worse, the introduction of drugs to the inner city - which was initiated and perpetuated by the government - or the war on drugs, also perpetuated by the government.
What about that woman's primary purpose for establishing Planned Parenthood? She was a real fine piece of humanity too.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:03 AM

2,412 posts, read 1,446,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
No, all you have been saying is that white people should be doing it. That white people should be paying reparations in one way or another. That white people owe YOU.

When you talk about this country being greedy, you can include the likes of Jay-Z, Kanye West and the rest of the black millionaires, including Oprah.
They should want to, but I realize that is probably not going to happen. Even if we did receive reparations, the black community needs to come together or it all would be a waste. All of our black entertainers continuously fail to encourage black people specifically. If they do any charitable deed, they do it for all people. They should be ashamed of themselves for not addressing the issue in their own community, and even perpetuated it and profited from it.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:04 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,643,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Is it the wealthy Blacks' fault that other Blacks are struggling? Is it anyone's fault that all ethnic groups have their own poor and struggling? There exists ample opportunity in this country for anyone who desires to go to school and get an education or to go into business an d succeed. We are responsible for ourselves. Being poor is a choice.
Been drinking that Ayn Rand/right-wing Social Darwinist Kool-Aid, I see.

You know what a Republican is? A smug right-wing Hannity and Limbaugh listener who's never been sick or lost a job.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yes....and I did.

I can't rep you yet.
No need, just pointing out the "issue" I noticed.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Well that's what I'm saying. Guys like Jay-Z, Kanye, and all black people will need to correct this problem. Yet that's not happening and it needs to change. Though I can't expect Jay-Z and Kanye to do too much. How much do they really value education seeing as they dropped out of college? They have become successful in the music business, but they really owe it to start a profound message to the community in earning degrees in business and so forth.
Do you want the descendants of the Black slave owners to pay up too, or is this just a white's owe me thingy?

Quote:
What about that woman's primary purpose for establishing Planned Parenthood? She was a real fine piece of humanity too.
Agreed - but what does that have to do with what I was saying?

Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Well that's what I'm saying. Guys like Jay-Z, Kanye, and all black people will need to correct this problem. Yet that's not happening and it needs to change. Though I can't expect Jay-Z and Kanye to do too much. How much do they really value education seeing as they dropped out of college? They have become successful in the music business, but they really owe it to start a profound message to the community in earning degrees in business and so forth.
1. Dropping out of college is not the same thing as not valuing it

2. Jay Z never went to college

3. Both Jay Z and Kanye West have college scholarship funds.

4. Why do people mention Jay Z and Kanye West as if they are the 2 richest black people in the world

In hip hop, Kanye is like 19th in net worth. Jay Z is 2nd or 3rd depending on the ranking.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Do you want the descendants of the Black slave owners to pay up too, or is this just a white's owe me thingy?
How many Black slave owners were there? Less than 5 percent - and many of them "bought" slaves who were their relatives so they could free them.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Been drinking that Ayn Rand/right-wing Social Darwinist Kool-Aid, I see.

You know what a Republican is? A smug right-wing Hannity and Limbaugh listener who's never been sick or lost a job.
You nailed me alright. I have been sick. Very sick in fact. I've never lost a job nor have I ever drawn one minute's unemployment either. I guess I'm a racist too because I never voted for Obama either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies