Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 01:51 PM

87 posts, read 90,891 times

Advertisements

Have anyone of you been to the St. Patrick's Day parade in NYC? It is not exactly kid friendly already, there are lots of very drunk young people. Im serious when I say drunk, people are throwing up in the streets, doing drugs on street corners, having sex in public, etc.

The "gays" marching in the parade will do nothing to damage the morality of the parade, drunk straight people did a good job of that on their own.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:52 PM

23,855 posts, read 13,861,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What a shame. People who just want to watch a parade have to be subjected to the gay agenda.
Yeah, it's really terrible!

The captive audience who are forced to attend the parade will also be subjected to the police agenda, the beauty pageant agenda, the high school marching band agenda, the beer agenda, the guys wearing funny hats agenda, the old car collectors' agenda...I could go on, but the list of horrors is just too awful to contemplate.

Excuse me a minute, I need a cup of tea to help me recover from the vapors.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:54 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,259,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padajo View Post
Have anyone of you been to the St. Patrick's Day parade in NYC? It is not exactly kid friendly already, there are lots of very drunk young people. Im serious when I say drunk, people are throwing up in the streets, doing drugs on street corners, having sex in public, etc.

The "gays" marching in the parade will do nothing to damage the morality of the parade, drunk straight people did a good job of that on their own.
So you're saying homosexuality is immoral, and since the parade has immoral activity already, they should fit right in?

Old 09-03-2014, 01:56 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,628,416 times
The LGBT have their own parade here in NYC yet they want to be apart of everyone else's parade. How about every pro-right group just crash their parade.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:03 PM

39,185 posts, read 51,559,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yeah, it's really terrible!

The captive audience who are forced to attend the parade will also be subjected to the police agenda, the beauty pageant agenda, the high school marching band agenda, the beer agenda, the guys wearing funny hats agenda, the old car collectors' agenda...I could go on, but the list of horrors is just too awful to contemplate.

Excuse me a minute, I need a cup of tea to help me recover from the vapors.
Yeah, those are all the things that make a parade a parade. Watching floats with a bunch of cross-dressers and gay men in g-strings performing sex acts and promoting their deviant lifestyle is not. Keep it in the bedroom.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
So you're saying homosexuality is immoral, and since the parade has immoral activity already, they should fit right in?
No, I never said that homosexuality was immoral. I was trying to be sarcastic.

I was pointing out the hypocrasy of straight people complaining about the inclusion of gays in a parade while not commenting on the numerous other problems with the St. Patrick's Day parade that have NOTHING to do with gay people marching in it.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:05 PM

39,955 posts, read 26,699,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Pushed by next year's grand marshal Archbishop Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the mayor and council of NYC organizers of the largest Saint Patrick's Day Parade in the USA have invited a LGBT group to march next year under their own banner. Others will be invited in coming years.

LGBT Group To March In NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade
Meh. As long as Fred Phelps and his little band of merry men can march in the next LGBT parade, that's fair.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
The LGBT have their own parade here in NYC yet they want to be apart of everyone else's parade. How about every pro-right group just crash their parade.
The difference is that straight people are allowed and welcomed to march in the LGBT parade.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:09 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,628,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padajo View Post
The difference is that straight people are allowed and welcomed to march in the LGBT parade.
Marching and pushing an agenda behind a banner are 2 different things. If you're gay then just be gay. Why the need to advertise it?

Old 09-03-2014, 02:09 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,745,019 times
IMHO, if they stick to the traditions and standards of the parade, it should be no big deal.

If they behave like it's the Castro Street fair, that would be a different story. However, I see no reason why they would do so since they are completely different types of events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies