Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 08:27 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,326,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
There are Irish gay and lesbian people. It's just another group celebrating their Irish heritage.

Are you obsessed with sex or something?
You would think they wanted to fornicate while marching in the parade.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:29 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,628,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
There are Irish gay and lesbian people. It's just another group celebrating their Irish heritage.

Are you obsessed with sex or something?
Me or the gays? If they dont want it to be about sex then it is THEM who should stop making it about sexuality. Have you NOT seen the gay pride parade?

Old 09-04-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You would think they wanted to fornicate while marching in the parade.
Have YOU not seen the gay pride parade? Tell me again that its not about sex/sexuality.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:37 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,622,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
For those that claim to want equality, they sure go out of their way to proclaim they're homosexuals. Is it that hard to just act normal and not promote your damn awkward sexuality?

Its too bad they caved. I looked forward to the whining from homos
Oh the irony!

Old 09-04-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Have YOU not seen the gay pride parade? Tell me again that its not about sex/sexuality.
And you think it will somehow be the same? You are aware LGBT groups march in other St Paddy's parades and seem to have no problem acting like normal people covered in green.

Does this look like they are flaunting their sexuality at you?

Old 09-04-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
And you think it will somehow be the same? You are aware LGBT groups march in other St Paddy's parades and seem to have no problem acting like normal people covered in green.

Does this look like they are flaunting their sexuality at you?

Let me ask you. What exactly is "gay pride"? Its my understanding that if you're gay its because you're born gay. Correct? If that's the case, how can you be proud of something that you had no control of to begin with? So when gays march in solidarity behind a gay pride banner, what exactly is the message you are trying to get out? A person doesnt achieve gayness. Being gay is not something someone goes out and works hard to accomplish. At the end of the day its a defect. The same way an albino is born with a defect or someone is born with a disability.

Now I do understand that what they have been fighting for is acceptance. I have no problem with that until you start shoving it in peoples faces and try forcing them to accept you.

Rapper T.I said it best. "If your gay then you should have the right to be gay in peace. If you're against it then you should have the right to be against it in peace"

Old 09-04-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Let me ask you. What exactly is "gay pride"? Its my understanding that if you're gay its because you're born gay. Correct? If that's the case, how can you be proud of something that you had no control of to begin with? So when gays march in solidarity behind a gay pride banner, what exactly is the message you are trying to get out? A person doesnt achieve gayness. Being gay is not something someone goes out and works hard to accomplish. At the end of the day its a defect. The same way an albino is born with a defect or someone is born with a disability.

Now I do understand that what they have been fighting for is acceptance. I have no problem with that until you start shoving it in peoples faces and try forcing them to accept you.

Rapper T.I said it best. "If your gay then you should have the right to be gay in peace. If you're against it then you should have the right to be against it in peace"
Do you know what "pride" means? Are you saying people shouldn't be proud of who they are? Why do you think gays should be ashamed of their sexual orientation?

What is being shoved in your face? When my wife and I hold hands or kiss in public, am I shoving my heterosexual orientation in your face? I am not buying your excuses.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Do you know what "pride" means? Are you saying people shouldn't be proud of who they are? Why do you think gays should be ashamed of their sexual orientation?

What is being shoved in your face? When my wife and I hold hands or kiss in public, am I shoving my heterosexual orientation in your face? I am not buying your excuses.
The word "pride" pretty much has a false definition in my opinion. One should be proud of something they worked to achieve. How can you be proud of something you had no control over? Embrace would be a better term. You can "embrace" being gay or being born to a certain ethnicity, but proud? One doesnt work at being born gay or from a certain ethnicity. I'm straight. Its not something that I'm proud of. Its just something that is.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
The word "pride" pretty much has a false definition in my opinion. One should be proud of something they worked to achieve. How can you be proud of something you had no control over? Embrace would be a better term. You can "embrace" being gay or being born to a certain ethnicity, but proud? One doesnt work at being born gay or from a certain ethnicity. I'm straight. Its not something that I'm proud of. Its just something that is.
Okay...so you don't like it being called pride, it should be called gay embrace...yet that still isn't a good excuse why they shouldn't be allowed to participate like other organizations.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Okay...so you don't like it being called pride, it should be called gay embrace...yet that still isn't a good excuse why they shouldn't be allowed to participate like other organizations.
I have nothing against them participating in any event/parade/etc. If it were up to me they can live thier lives as they please. At the same time there's a time and a place for everything. What's the harm in marching in a St Patrick's Day Parade to embrace your Irish heritage without advertising what your sexual orientation is? I dont see straight pride banners with heteros pushing a straight pride agenda. They just go about life as normal citizens as should the LBGT community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies