Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 09:35 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,328,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I have nothing against them participating in any event/parade/etc. If it were up to me they can live thier lives as they please. At the same time there's a time and a place for everything. What's the harm in marching in a St Patrick's Day Parade to embrace your Irish heritage without advertising what your sexual orientation is? I dont see straight pride banners with heteros pushing a straight pride agenda. They just go about life as normal citizens as should the LBGT community.
So you only want gay people to be gay in the bedroom? Marching with a banner isn't going to harm anyone, there are lots of banners and there are actually LGBT organizations out there. I gave you two photos of gays marching in St Patrick's Day parades and celebrating their Irish heritage. Did you see anything in those two photos that upset you?

Old 09-04-2014, 10:05 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,629,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you only want gay people to be gay in the bedroom? Marching with a banner isn't going to harm anyone, there are lots of banners and there are actually LGBT organizations out there. I gave you two photos of gays marching in St Patrick's Day parades and celebrating their Irish heritage. Did you see anything in those two photos that upset you?
A person can be gay wherever he/she feels like. My question is, why the need for the constant in your face advertisement?

Whats the difference between a gay man/woman and a hetero one? The only difference is sexual attraction. One is attracted to the opposite sex while one is attracted to the same sex. Now tell me why does someone's sexual attraction need to be advertised at any event or at all? If a gay man wants to kiss or hold hands with another man in public then so be it. They should have every right to. The same way a hetero man/woman has the right to display affection for one another in public. Pushing a pro-gay agenda on the other hand turns people off because instead of just going about your life as a normal citizen, you're now pushing your agenda on everyone in an attempt to be socially accepted. Its like "we get it. you're gay! Congratulations" No need for the whistles and flags. They want to be treated as equals yet they're the ones making the noise about being different.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:09 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,624,163 times
Quote:
A person can be gay wherever he/she feels like. My question is, why the need for the constant in your face advertisement?

Whats the difference between a gay man/woman and a hetero one? The only difference is sexual attraction. One is attracted to the opposite sex while one is attracted to the same sex. Now tell me why does someone's sexual attraction need to be advertised at any event or at all? If a gay man wants to kiss or hold hands with another man in public then so be it. They should have every right to. The same way a hetero man/woman has the right to display affection for one another in public. Pushing a pro-gay agenda on the other hand turns people off because instead of just going about your life as a normal citizen, you're now pushing your agenda on everyone in an attempt to be socially accepted. Its like "we get it. you're gay! Congratulations" No need for the whistles and flags. They want to be treated as equals yet they're the ones making the noise about being different.
Wait a minute. So people making out in public, flashing their ****, flirting, etc is not pushing the heterosexual agenda? However a gay group participating in a parade is pushing a gay agenda? I don't think that could be more hypocritical, do you?

Old 09-04-2014, 10:19 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,629,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Wait a minute. So people making out in public, flashing their ****, flirting, etc is not pushing the heterosexual agenda? However a gay group participating in a parade is pushing a gay agenda? I don't think that could be more hypocritical, do you?
When a group is suing in order to participate behind their banner then yes it IS pushing an agenda.

Last edited by louie0406; 09-04-2014 at 10:39 AM..

Old 09-04-2014, 10:45 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,948,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What a shame. People who just want to watch a parade have to be subjected to the gay agenda.

Yeah. It's just another way that they try to push their agenda off on everybody. They aren't going to let up, either. It's always one more TV show that glorifies the lifestyle, one more bridal place that gets smeared for not catering to their crap...and now this.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:03 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,609,133 times
Quote:
The word "pride" pretty much has a false definition in my opinion. One should be proud of something they worked to achieve. How can you be proud of something you had no control over? Embrace would be a better term. You can "embrace" being gay or being born to a certain ethnicity, but proud? One doesnt work at being born gay or from a certain ethnicity. I'm straight. Its not something that I'm proud of. Its just something that is.
Indeed. "Pride" in something that is effectively an accident of birth (race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, familial wealth, etc.) is utterly asinine.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:05 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,624,163 times
Quote:
When a group is suing in order to participate behind their banner then yes it IS pushing an agenda.
Lol, no actually, it's not. What are the lawsuits you're talking about?

Old 09-04-2014, 11:15 AM

35,306 posts, read 31,695,045 times
Default Cardinal Dolan serves as grand marshal of St. Patty's parade with gay group in it.

Many conservatives think he should resign the position, but staying on provides some direction toward tolerance.

Cardinal to lead St. Pat parade with 1st gay group

Old 09-04-2014, 11:17 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,531,652 times
WHAT is this board's obsession with gays??

your obsession borders on being pervy. MYOB!

Old 09-04-2014, 11:21 AM

9,915 posts, read 9,677,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Indeed. "Pride" in something that is effectively an accident of birth (race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, familial wealth, etc.) is utterly asinine.
Pride - meaning you are not going to be hiding because of who you are and are now announcing to the world that you are a normal person. Same as gay people are told they have "courage" when announcing they are gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies