Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 08:51 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,409,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you are saying???? you don't have the want or desire to teach them a skill

or are you too unskilled to teach a skill
It's not my job to teach them a skill. I don't give a rats tail what they do for a living. Anyone who works an honest day of work (yes, fast food is "honest work") should not go hungry in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 08:51 AM

805 posts, read 2,002,081 times
Noone is forcing them to do unskilled labor. Noone is forcing them to work for minimum wage.

I understand the hard ships it may entail but this is why one strives to advance in the employment chain. Not sit at the status quo

Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 AM

Earning minimum wage IS enough to eat. We are back at the want vs need crossroads. You may want red lobster but you need more than one meal a week. Time for the critical thinking

Why stop at the minimum earners? Lets give all the homeless a liveable wage every month. All the vets that cant find work. I mean they to DESERVE it right? Shouldnt we help them first based on your belief

Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmadsm View Post
Noone is forcing them to do unskilled labor. Noone is forcing them to work for minimum wage.

I understand the hard ships it may entail but this is why one strives to advance in the employment chain. Not sit at the status quo
So they should go hungry because they are unskilled but working?

Old 09-15-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmadsm View Post
Earning minimum wage IS enough to eat. We are back at the want vs need crossroads. You may want red lobster but you need more than one meal a week. Time for the critical thinking

Why stop at the minimum earners? Lets give all the homeless a liveable wage every month. All the vets that cant find work. I mean they to DESERVE it right? Shouldnt we help them first based on your belief
Key word right there.

These people are working. Homeless people aren't.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:55 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Strawman. A Porsche and food / rent are not comparable.

Why don't you go into a poor neighborhood and ask them?
Children and Porsche are the same - they are luxury items not necessity.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:56 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Working on a minimum wage job is more than enough to support 2 people without using food stamp.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Key word right there.

These people are working. Homeless people aren't.
But u said people deserve a living wage...you claim a minimum wage person cant go and find a higher paying job. What about the homeless guy that cant find any job? Why is it selective on who you turn your back on

Old 09-15-2014, 08:57 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
It's not my job to teach them a skill. I don't give a rats tail what they do for a living. Anyone who works an honest day of work (yes, fast food is "honest work") should not go hungry in this country.
but 'fastfood' at the entry level was NEVER designed to be a CAREER

yes YOU CAN move up to manager....

YES YOU CAN self improve

fastfood jobs are near min wage, because the require NO SKILL, and are ENTRYLEVEL jobs (and 99% are at least a quarter ABOVE min wage).....never designed to support the imaginary family you think all min wage workers have

my FIRST job at the age of 16 was fastfood (white castle).... oh and btw fastfood is MORE than min wage 99% of the time

40 years of working and have NEVER worked min wage....why...because I have SELF PRIDE

get an education and get a real job

Old 09-15-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Making 200+ a week IS enough to not starve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies