Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have as our President?
George W. Bush 123 54.42%
Barack Obama 103 45.58%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 03:51 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Obama addressed our deficiencies in healthcare while every recent Republican administration didn’t bother to. He might not have addressed them in the way conservatives would have liked to be he at least made positive changes to a broken system. Healthcare reform wasn't a part of the conservative platform until Democrats decided to make changes.

Regarding civil rights violations; Eric Holder’s justice department expanded the civil rights division and a specific example would be a look into the Ferguson incident. There are others as well that you’re free to Google…

Prior to Obama marriage equity only existed between heterosexuals…
blah blah blah...same old tired talking points. If what this administration has "accomplished" is so great for our country, why the buyers remorse towards obama? This administration, which was so highly touted to "fundamentally transform America" (their words) is a total failure. A progressive transformation has begun and Americans are unhappy.

Any remaining die hard supporters of obama are the minority now.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country

Ignoring facts won't prove your point, it only makes you look like a liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 03:58 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Never going to change this ones mind - too far gone. Hears only what he/she wants to hear.
If you didn't have anything substantial to add, why even reply? And you're right my mind can't be changed because it's already made up about this subject. But I'm not here posting to alter and enhance my opinion. I'm here to debate others with a different opinion...

Old 09-07-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
blah blah blah...same old tired talking points. If what this administration has "accomplished" is so great for our country, why the buyers remorse towards obama? This administration, which was so highly touted to "fundamentally transform America" (their words) is a total failure. A progressive transformation has begun and Americans are unhappy.

Any remaining die hard supporters of obama are the minority now.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country

Ignoring facts won't prove your point, it only makes you look like a liberal.
When you can't win the debate on merit go ahead and generalize... My post was very specific and directed towards legitimate strategy differences. If I'm wrong tell me this? Why wasn't healthcare part of the conservative platform prior to Democrats putting forth legislation to fix a broken system?

Old 09-07-2014, 04:17 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
I see someone has hacked the vote totals to increase Obama's share in the poll. Over 40 Obama votes since this morning? I don't think so.

Old 09-07-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I see someone has hacked the vote totals to increase Obama's share in the poll. Over 40 Obama votes since this morning? I don't think so.
I voted for Obama, as well as others. It looks like even on a right leaning board like CD; people recognize that Obama is a much better president than Bush ever was...

Old 09-07-2014, 04:34 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Just like the Liberals to even try to steal this vote. They just can't resist.

Old 09-07-2014, 04:38 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Basically a "which do you prefer" question. Both have been criticized as the "worst presidents ever."

I would honestly rather have Bush back. I can acknowledge some change was needed after 2008, but Obama was not the way to go. Bush seems to be a better person and more personable. He also loves his country and is more classy. Obama is just a whiner and never gets things done. Bush was also more supportive of our military and would have taken down ISIS by now.
Considering how much blame is put on Bush for the country's here and now problems, I thought he still is the prez.

Old 09-07-2014, 04:39 PM

921 posts, read 1,132,444 times
Both were lousy presidents but I have to say it's a draw. When Bush was in the office, our safety was under attack & now with Obama in the office our currency is under attack!

Old 09-07-2014, 04:41 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Considering how much blame is put on Bush for the country's here and now problems, I thought he still is the prez.
Do you think the Liberals will continue to blame Bush all during Hillary's presidency as well? I'll bet they will. The name "Bush" is only four letters. Some Liberals are educated enough to spell a four-letter word.

Old 09-07-2014, 04:41 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
blah blah blah...same old tired talking points. If what this administration has "accomplished" is so great for our country, why the buyers remorse towards obama? This administration, which was so highly touted to "fundamentally transform America" (their words) is a total failure.
Just the healthcare reform alone makes Obama an over achiever. What did Bushy accomplish in comparison? Entangled us in a war that seem to never end and already costs few thousand lives of American soldiers and effectively destabilized the region, clearing the stage for Muslim fanatics. Even if Obama didn't do anything he would still be a 100fo,d better president than GW Bush
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies