Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have as our President?
George W. Bush 123 54.42%
Barack Obama 103 45.58%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 04:51 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times

Advertisements

What I wouldn't give to have President Bush back right now. I felt secure under his administration. Now it's like the devil's in the white house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 04:59 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
At this point, Bush.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:01 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,412,243 times
Neither

Us presidents and political parties create too much ruckus and cause unstable people to become even more unstable

Skynet would be a welcomed alternative

Old 09-06-2014, 05:11 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,476 times
I'll have to go with Bush. I didn't know we had a President named Obama until you posted the poll. Is he never in the Oval Office? I saw a tall snickering Black guy playing golf with Tiger Woods the other day. I thought he was Tiger Wood's caddie.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:13 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
I can only pick between them on the basis of their entertainment value. As a President they both suck. As people I like them both. But the entertainment Bush provided was most impressive.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:26 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Bush was held far more accountable by the mainstream media.
Yes he was - you can't help but notice that to get any acceptability on politicians .... they are required to be Republicans. The Media is a vehement WatchDog when a Republican is in office and "not so much" when a Democrat is in office. On that basis - Republicans are always more accountable and certainly held to a higher standard. Even by their own party.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
The problem with the poll is it doesn't offer a neither option. Bush had many faults and the one he shares with Obama is that he was more a figure head for the party than a leader. Unlike Obama Bush didn't make a habit of blaming everyone else for failures. Both are a pair of liars, Obama just lies more often. No, if I had a choice neither would be Bush or Obama.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-06-2014 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 09-06-2014, 05:52 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,530 times
Right or wrong, at least Bush (unlike that POS in the white house) had the courage to make a decision and the guts to stand behind it. Barack Obama has done ZERO to help this Nation. He looks like a sniveling whining kid to the rest of the world. That's probably because he is. Weak Leader is how history
will remember Obozo.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-06-2014 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 09-06-2014, 06:14 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Caused? LOL when Obama is blamed for sluggish economy the left blames congress. When Obama is blamed for failures within his own admin the left blames anyone and everyone but Obama.
The problem with the poll is it doesn't offer a neither option. Bush had many faults and the one he shares with Obama is that he was more a figure head for the party than a leader. Unlike Obama Bush didn't make a habit of blaming everyone else for failures. Both are a pair of liars, Obama just lies more often. No, if I had a choice neither would be Bush or Obama.
Here is a dirty little secret - there is no such thing as a President that enters office and "knows" everything. They all have to depend on their advisors. I thought Obama picked a good Team of Advisors - much better than I 'hoped' for. What none of us knew at the time was that the Obama Team of Advisors were all for show -- the REAL advisors were all in his Chicago or Campaign Inner Circle. Bush also did a bit of that - Cheney, Rumsfield, Rove. The big difference is that Bush was able to "change" - he got rid of Rummy, Cheney was pushed aside in favor of Condy and Bush was able to admit that his Iraq Strategy was a total Failure and Pivot to the Surge under Petraeus. Bush brought in Gates. The real Bush error was depending too much on Cheney & Rummy to handle the things he knew nothing about .... but he changed that and started taking other advise - from his Dad. The real Obama error is to depend on his Inner Campaign Circle because the Politics trump everything else. Obama can't "change" - he is convinced he is ALWAYS correct. The perils of living in an Echo Chamber.

Obama has stuck with the same Inner Circle, which is his real problem. He can't admit any mistake and is a total Whiner -- with a very thin skin and it's beyond OLD. The perception (right/wrong, good/bad/indifferent) is that Bush was a leader of Strength and Obama is not a leader at all. Lead From Behind and Don't Do Stupid Poop .... is no policy at all. The Country has to matter FIRST, not the Politics and the Party (Parties in the O Case). Bush wins hands down on that one. They both made mistakes, but they made them for different reasons.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:21 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Without a doubt, George W. Bush. He may not have been perfect, but at least he had a set of balls and he was not afraid to LEAD.
Yes. From the safety of his office he lead quite a few thousand of American troops to death for nothing at all.
Quite a leader GW Bush was. Indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies