Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Isn't it the time to rethink that conservative "liberals are anti-business" claim as it is
Yes. Liberal socio-economic policies work as evidenced by the richest us states 19 63.33%
No. Only conservative policies work and Alabama and Mississippi are an exception 9 30.00%
I don't know. Need to find out more about the issue. 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 08:25 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The Real Costs of Owning a Car in New York City - AllCar Rent-A-Car Blog

Parking is at a premium in New York City, especially for residents. Parking spots in high-rise units can go for as much as $225,000 plus an annual maintenance fee, and even then there’s no guarantee that you’ll get one

PLUS INSURANCE
Bronx and upper Manhattan residents pay the highest premiums in New York City, roughly $920 (thats A MONTH)

yes yes yes, Random thought thinks thats a sign of success.. hahaha.. make everything so dam expensive that no one can afford it. Maybe thats why you guys like ACA so much..

Thanks for showing us how ignorant some liberals really are.
Guy, did you really think that all 8 million residents of New York City live in high rises? LOL

Its not about success, its about your absurd claim that NYC is mostly inhabited by millenials who dont make enough to afford a car lol

Why dont you go fishing, old timer?

Old 09-14-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Thats because you dont give a rats ass about the future or leaving debt to the children to pay just so you can have your "give me" mentality..
I still think california offers its residents better future than conservative Alabama or Louisiania lol

Old 09-14-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
yeah being priced out of the market, couldnt have anything to do with the political environment, could it.. oooh brother
Yes. Under conservatives real estate prices would fall, that's for sure lol

Old 09-15-2014, 06:18 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
I live in New York and I don't pay anything for parking, and would never think that New York is mostly inhabited by poor millenials, but rather affluent professionals.
Is making absurd comments on the internet your way to kill time on retirement? Why don't you go fishing instead?
I highly doubt you live in the NYC metro area (that includes LI and Westchester)

unless you still live with mommy

Old 09-15-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
I'd take liberal California over conservative promised lands of Alabama or Louisiana any time... Lol
ohhh...bogey man complex

lousyanna....run by corrupt liberal democrats like Ray Nagan

Old 09-15-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Liberals flee "blue states" because the Northeast and California have extremely high real estate prices. They have been priced out of a middle class life. I assure you it has nothing to do with politics.

The deficit is roughly half it was when the current administration took office. I'll let you keep believing Fox News though.

Cute slogan.

California's fiscal outlook has improved since the recent Democratic governor took office and raised taxes on the 1%.
and why are real estate prices so high....part of it is the liberals and their extremely high property taxes

when the property tax on a small `1400sf house on a tiny 60x100 lot is 12,000....you are being taxed out of existence.......

liberals are continueing to kill the middleclass

and cali's debt.....according to many reports....nearly a trillion

Report: California

Old 09-15-2014, 07:32 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,342,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and why are real estate prices so high....part of it is the liberals and their extremely high property taxes
You're dumb. High property taxes puts downward pressure on property values because it decreases demand while supply is unaffected.

You're just making **** up about California because you want it to be terrible.. because it would fit your narrative. The truth is that California is the innovation hub of the world. San Fran, Silicon Valley, and San Jose have more technological innovation than the entire South 20 times over.

The South, like 3rd world countries, is a good place to go to get away from taxes and to take advantage of cheap labor. Its the same reason that companies move plants to Mexico. Doesn't mean that Mexico is better.

Having said that, there's a lot of things that California can improve. A little moderation and pragmatism would do them some good. I think their governor has been trying to do that, and he has balanced the budget.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
You're dumb. High property taxes puts downward pressure on property values because it decreases demand while supply is unaffected.

oh really...im dumb...thanks for the attack...noted

btw I live on long island....my tiny 1400sf house on a postage stamp property that's 60x100 is over 11k per year (its two taxes...county which is reasonable at 3k (covers police) and Town..which is the school tax...over 8k a year and constantly going up

and I said it was part of it...the other part is the freaking liberal whinyy babies who HAVE TO HAVE it all.... """oh bobs place sold for 400k, mine is better, I have granite, mine should sell for 500k"""

the house my parents bought in 1964 for 10k, sold in 2005 for 450k.....

Quote:
You're just making **** up about California because you want it to be terrible.. because it would fit your narrative. The truth is that California is the innovation hub of the world. San Fran, Silicon Valley, and San Jose have more technological innovation than the entire South 20 times over
nope I even included the link...from Sacramento
cali's debt nearing 1 trillion
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/...uld-pass-1-1t/ report-californias-actual-debt-set-at-848b-could-pass-1-1t

liberals are a cancer to the middleclass

Old 09-15-2014, 08:48 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Default The Illusion.

Liberals award pay base on feel good notions.
While Conservative Business wages are base on performance and the health of any company. Keep in mind any business must have good cash flow to survive.

To have a wage more than the company can budget for will result in a closed business, Chapter 13.

The reason Why the big 3 (GM, Clyster and Ford*)in Detroit did not want Chapter 11 &13 is all of the labor contracts would be null and void. * Ford was forced to take the money to be fairly noted.

Pay roll is intertwined with cash flow.

Libs Need to understand business.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:48 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

when the property tax on a small `1400sf house on a tiny 60x100 lot is 12,000....you are being taxed out of existence.......

liberals are continueing to kill the middleclass

and cali's debt.....according to many reports....nearly a trillion

Report: California
There's actually an inverse relationship between property taxes and price. Higher taxes put downward pressure on the market value of real estate. One of the primary reasons for the high price of real estate in in-demand markets in California is Prop 3 which caps property taxes for existing homeowners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies