Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 09:38 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times

Advertisements

Tell the people the truth: ISIS is not 10 feet tall. They do not pose a real threat to people in the US. All jihadi groups fail to hold territory because they end up universally hated by the people in that territory. Arabs are a culturally apathetic and lazy people who, like our own welfare leeches, will never do anything when they can find someone else to it for them. Syria and Iraq are none of our business. We need to defend our own borders and ports of entry. The NSA and CIA can do a much better job of protecting Americans than combat troops and airstrikes in the middle east.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:41 AM

23,568 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
He didn't get us involved in a war in Syria or Ukraine or Iraq or Iran...ALL things Bush WOULD HAVE DONE. More American lives lost for the republicans war mongering.
neither would a poodle hiding under the desk in the oval office!

Old 09-11-2014, 09:44 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,835,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Exactly. He is no longer well-spoken and his lies dirtied him.
They all lie, man.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:44 AM

430 posts, read 380,042 times
So you are a war monger? So tell us when did you go sign up to go fight in wars that are none of our business? I mean this time around not 10,20 or 30 years ago...you want war YOU go fight it.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:45 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Personally I would like him to set up a conference and tell each and every whiny,crybaby,ODS republican to shove it and then walk out. I am SO freaking tired of their whining and bellyaching about how he is such a horrible president and wants to destroy America etc etc...We survived 8 years of Clinton getting his rocks off with numerous women in the white house! We survived 8 years of the most wholly incompetent person to EVER grace us with his presence in the white house Dubya. I mean ANYONE who says god told him to attack a nation etc is freaking nuts! On top of being a coward for going AWOL...Either OWN UP to the fact ya hate a mixed president or just point out REAL FACTS where he has done worse than Bush OR Clinton! I don't see it. I lived through Dubya's horrid tenure...I couldn't wait until it was over. I didn't want Obama but the man has proven himself to me..sure like every president he has screwed up here and there but you show me ANY man,woman,child that's perfect and I will shut up about it.
I would like him to say me and joe resign

Old 09-11-2014, 09:50 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Unemployment rate is lowest its been in MANY years including a vast majority of Dubya's terms. Economy is actually doing pretty well where I live...places have hiring signs everywhere.

Overregulation-yea we saw how that overregulation stopped the leaking into the river water in WV eh? More like you want corporations to have a free hand in dumping sewage and toxic waste wherever it wants.

Yes, and if you harm someone due to your actions then you deserve to be prosecuted. We don't need a ton of alphabet soup agencies to do this now do we?

Eh not a big freaking deal to me with the blue laws.

The government has no business telling us what we can put in our bodies, and also needs to stay out of the business of legislating morality.

No one was being silenced in fact its been shown that liberal groups were targeted as well,the IRS commissioner should be punished yes for lying and hiding emails

Good then we agree on this.

I agree on the Patriot Act,NSA,TSA,DHS stuff.

Good to know.

Spreading the wealth-AKA giving the people who MADE the products a better share of the wealth that the products THEY MADE produced. Workers getting their fair share from CEO's and corporations that made millions off their backs and sweat.

The reality is that a business exists soley to make a profit, and if publicly traded it has an obligation to it's shareholders. Businesses are not charity. Also employment is a two way street. When you sign that contract you agree to the terms of the employer. So, you can do one of two things if you're unhappy. Quit, or do something to increase your value to that employer so that you do get a raise. Mandating minimum wage is only going to increase the cost of the product, because the employer is not going to eat the cost, and will pass that on to the consumer. Mandating minimum wage will also increase layoffs and in a lot of industries you will see an increase in automation. So, by your logic of giving the workers a "fair share" we should just nationalize all businesses and lets go to full blown communism.

Isn't attacking Washington or Colorado over their weed laws...better than its been.
Not sure what you're saying here, but I'd prefer the Feds to end the Federal ban on cannabis, and let the states decide. Which BTW if any state were to continue to keep it illegal after ending the Federal ban, they'd be stupid to continue to do so given the revenue stream and new jobs that can be created.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:54 AM

23,568 posts, read 17,245,407 times
When obama said, 'the core of MY presidency is....' , it was clear an egomaniac was standing at the podium.

Obama stands in isolation from America. He has no affiliation with America and sees himself apart from America to the point where he can't even think of himself and America as one.

'WE' is not in his vocabulary and when he does use, "WE', he assuredly is not including himself in that statement.

As lawyer and shyster, Obama lives by worsmithing and it has gotten to the point where he says something that is very clear to everyone until he finds himself in a dust up and his spokemen tells us what the great orator realy said. Nope he didn't refer to isis as the jv team. Nope, he didn't mean you could keep your doctor.PERIOD. According to his medical ethicist he meant you can keep your doctor if you can afford to keep your doctor.

Obama's words simply accumulate as unintelligible sounds.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:56 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,001,182 times
That he is resigning to pursue a career as a professional golfer in Qatar...he changing his name to Ali Ali Al Sandalawedgi ...

Old 09-11-2014, 09:57 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
What would you like Obama to say or do?

Since you ask:

1. Rescind all of his executive orders and forward them to congress for an up or down vote.

2. After doing #1, publicly resign in the best interest of the nation. At least then no one will care how much golf he plays.

3. Stay out of the public light and let someone who has a clue try to govern (no, not Biden).

You did ask.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:59 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Would you be happier with Biden in office? I know barely anything about the man...
That would be your problem to fix.

By your earlier praise of Obama you know barely anything about him either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies