Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:28 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Would you be happier with Biden in office? I know barely anything about the man...
Absolutely. At least he has some experience to draw from. Obama was and is in WAY over his head, and hasn't the slightest clue how to execute his duties as commander in chief.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
To be fair, this disgust with Obama isn't color related, that's just a lazy cop-out. It also isn't confined to the right of the political spectrum. Bill & Hillary Clinton despise Obama too. True Progressives like Ralph Nader, Dennis Kucinich, Glenn Greenwald & Michael Moore have all called for his impeachment or expressed their deep disappointment with him. The only people not sick of Obama are status-quo, faux-Liberals & party-first, partisan robots.

Post of the day.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:36 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Did you expect Cheney to praise Obama?? LOL Obama and all you liberals have done nothing but bash Bush and Cheney since day one when Obama took office. I can't stand Cheney but he's under no obligation to lie about Obama and tell everyone what a great job Obama has done, unlike democrats.

Bold: If you think this country needs to unite, who or what do you think caused the divisions, and what divisions would those be??
No, I expect an ex-VP to keep his nose out of the current administration, just like all the others always have. Did Clinton and Gore visit DC in order to criticize Bush? No admin has done that to a subsequent admin. Has Bush stuck his nose into current affairs -- no.

Cheney keeps coming around like an obnoxious buzzing mosquito complaining that he doesn't like the way the current president is cleaning up the mess that Cheney made. Even Fox News called him out on it.

I think Bush and Cheney increased the divisions, which began around 2000 and got wider when they were in office. Don't you remember--Bush ran as a "unificator" of the nation.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:38 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,752,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Is your TV broken? The headline in my News Paper today is ......

Obama orders airstrikes in Syria

It's also the Headline by Reuters - a news service that covers the world.

Obama orders U.S. airstrikes in Syria against Islamic State

Somehow you think that these headlines are not "involved in a war in Syria", or perhaps you think it was a Typo and they meant to use the name "Bush" instead of "Obama"?

As for .....

DUH! He had that "conference a couple of days ago - he asked them to support his unauthorized new War and claimed he did not need an authorization. He also told them he wanted $5 Billion Dollars for this new "war" and wants it as a Blank Check - he hasn't told them what he will do with the money. The Democrats want to fold this new War Funding into a Continuing Resolution bill for Fiscal Year 2015 - they do NOT want to take a "War Vote" of any kind.

Obama Wants a Blank Check to Fight ISIS—and Congress Is Ready to Give It to Him - The Daily Beast, 9/10/14

Democrats in Congress are ready to give the Obama administration $5 billion in new funding to fight ISIS and other terror groups, despite the fact that the administration has no idea how the money will be spent.

Several top Democratic and Republican senators told The Daily Beast on Friday that the administration has given Congress zero details about the proposed fund and consultations have been next to nonexistent. But Democrats said that was perfectly fine with them.

Let's not forget that Obama said just 34 days ago in an interview with Tom Friedman of the New York Times ---- that it was a "fantasy" to think that the Syrian Rebels could do anything because they are nothing more that "farmers, doctors & pharmacists". That was 34 days ago, now we need $5 Billion dollars to Train & Arm them to be our Boots on the Ground in the New "Not War".

That's some pretty outrageous spin and pivot.
Giving $5 Billion dollars to train & arm Syrian "rebels", what could go wrong?

Old 09-11-2014, 11:41 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
He didn't get us involved in a war in Syria or Ukraine or Iraq or Iran...ALL things Bush WOULD HAVE DONE. More American lives lost for the republicans war mongering.
Well, that would be one reason why we've morons who'd like to replace him with a leader by, of and for the morons.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:41 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,752,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No, I expect an ex-VP to keep his nose out of the current administration, just like all the others always have. Did Clinton and Gore visit DC in order to criticize Bush? No admin has done that to a subsequent admin. Has Bush stuck his nose into current affairs -- no.

Cheney keeps coming around like an obnoxious buzzing mosquito complaining that he doesn't like the way the current president is cleaning up the mess that Cheney made. Even Fox News called him out on it.

I think Bush and Cheney increased the divisions, which began around 2000 and got wider when they were in office. Don't you remember--Bush ran as a "unificator" of the nation.
Bush, Cheney, Rummy, McCain, Bill & Hillary, Kerry, Gore, et al, are all on the same page in terms of foreign policy. More war, more war, more war. You're right though that Cheney doesn't need to be there criticizing Obama, that's why they have Hillary.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Unemployment rate is lowest its been in MANY years including a vast majority of Dubya's terms.
Well that's just plain false. I didn't bother reading the rest of your post, as I expect it's just filled with more lies.

You should really consider checking your facts before posting BS you pull from your arse, especially if that BS is easily verifiable.

We had full or near full employment under most of Bush's eight years. Look it up if you don't believe me. But whether you bother to check or not, my suggestion to check your facts was genuine. This isn't the first time I've noticed you spouting nonsense that was obviously not fact-checked.

Last edited by swagger; 09-11-2014 at 11:58 AM..

Old 09-11-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Like I said, I'm libertarian on social issues (as are most progressives)
I'm sure you think that you (and they) are, but you (and they) are not.

For instance, if I decided that I wasn't going to serve gays at my business, how would you feel about that? Remember, you're libertarian on social issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Libertarian means anti-government.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:08 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm sure you think that you (and they) are, but you (and they) are not.

For instance, if I decided that I wasn't going to serve gays at my business, how would you feel about that? Remember, you're libertarian on social issues...

If you were a libertarian who opposed the restaurant's homophobia you wouldn't do business with that restaurant. And if enough people had the same view as yourself, the restaurant would go out of business because it wouldn't have enough customers.

And if I was a gay libertarian I wouldn't even want to give that restaurant my business even if it was forced to do so...

Old 09-11-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
You really want Kerry as president?
Another demonstration of you spouting off when you don't know what you're talking about.

United States presidential line of succession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's a very clear pattern forming, Tattoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies