Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 10:25 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Silly rabbits...what was this thead about anyway?
Somebody forgot to take his meds and he went off on another Tea Party hate binge again.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Four years ago it was non stop Tea Party. We had Palin and Death Panels. The Tea Party complained constantly how Obamacare stole $500 billion from their Medicare. I was getting a robo-call every day. Palin went on a rant about Death Panels and the Tea Party ate it up. Now with "Death Panels" coming back the Tea Party and Sarah Palin are silent. Did it dawn suddenly on the Tea Party that spending other peoples money -$200 billion to extend a few seniors life by a couple of months might be excessive. Maybe finally fiscal conservatism finally hit the Tea Party in the face? I doubt it though since most love military spending.

Now we have a Sarah Palin Clone in Iowa. Joni Ernst bragged about castrating hogs when she was growing up and looked like a Sarah Palin clone wanting to kick 15 million people off the ACA and Medicaid. But now she has grown strangely silent on castrating hogs and is baking cookies.

Squeal - YouTube

Here is Joni Ernst new ad..another Tea Partier who wants to represent all of us.

About - YouTube

Now we have Trey Gowdy who was supposed to be the greatest thing since bottled beer for the Tea Party except he sounded bi-partisan during the first Benghazi hearing. Which leads me to the old Tea Party phrase "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." As Tea Partier do you think the Republicans will be able to pull the wool over enough peoples eyes before the election.

Trey Gowdy
Op might look at a state house map since 2008 and learn that the news doesn't tell the tale really.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:34 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,837 times
The things that appeal to the Republican base do not appeal to independents that decide elections.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:41 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
The things that appeal to the Republican base do not appeal to independents that decide elections.
Sure. That's why the Democrats suffered a defeat of epic historical proportions in the House, why Democrats are scrambling to remain in control of the Senate, why the majority of state governors are Republican, why most state legislatures are controlled by Republicans, and why recent polls show the majority wishes Romney had won the 2012 election. Because the independents who decide elections don't like Republicans. That makes sense.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually the opposite has been occurring, with nate silver showing that as we get closer to the elections its looking less likely that Republicans will gain control of both houses.

But hey, facts, why let them bother you.

The opposite is occurring... Where?

The Democrat panic is evident around here.
Why overwork the crowd, when the Democrats are doing a good job, sinking themselves, with bad policy and the constant corruption and cover-ups.

If the Republicans learned anything from 2012, it was to just let it ride when you're ahead. Overworking the crowd, led to the loss of a few key races, that were shoo-ins.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post

The things that appeal to the Democrat base, really do not appeal to Independents at this point in time.

Distancing themselves from anything Democrat. TOXIC.

Will the Independents, just stay home? I doubt it.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:19 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
They aren't doomed, they'll just get more tax dollars from you and your fellow blue state inhabitants.

That reminds me, maybe you should think about a second job...
Yep, just another TP, GOP rant by the "kid".

Old 09-20-2014, 06:46 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,926 times
The makeup of the National Electorate is the same now as it was 40 years ago(or longer) 1/3 will vote Republican regardless of the candidate, 1/3 will vote for the Democrat regardless of the candidate, the remaining 1/3 decides elections and the Republicans are driving THEM away.

You RWNJs are looking at Horses and SEEING Zebras.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:56 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
I don't think the repubs nor them dems even have a clue who their base voter are and I sure don't think either party knows what voters want.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually the opposite has been occurring, with nate silver showing that as we get closer to the elections its looking less likely that Republicans will gain control of both houses.

But hey, facts, why let them bother you.
They dont need to control both houses..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies