Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 08:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I don't really get the gist of what you are saying..I'm not lying..I was really leaning toward McCain...didn't like his stand on illegal Aliens but could've gotten passed that at the start..he had a few more issues such as being a Bush suck up etc,but Palin was something I couldn't get passed ...I don't like the Blue Dog stance on labor issues myself

That make sense, as Former Democrat John McCain is really a Democrat, wearing a Republican tag.

John McCain needed Independents, not Democrats to win and as Progressive as he is, he wasn't going to get it.

McCain is the last guy Republicans want stumping for them.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:18 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That make sense, as Former Democrat John McCain is really a Democrat, wearing a Republican tag.

John McCain needed Independents, not Democrats to win and as Progressive as he is, he wasn't going to get it.

McCain is the last guy Republicans want stumping for them.
Well if he's a rino then at least he's a moderate and that's better than 90% of the dems and 90% of the repubs we have running the show now

Last edited by Swampmonster; 09-20-2014 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: corrected Dino to Rino

Old 09-20-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Well if he's a Dino then at least he's a moderate and that's better than 90% of the dems and 90% of the repubs we have running the show now

Not really.
Compromising the Constitution, is not my idea of better than totally assassinating it. It is the same not better, with one being more drawn out and painful, creating serfs.

It is always amusing to see a Progressive, tell the Conservatives who to make their master. It is always another Progressive.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:35 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,269 times
Quote:
Well if he's a Dino then at least he's a moderate and that's better than 90% of the dems and 90% of the repubs we have running the show now
McCain and Flake have both been pretty center along with the Governor Brewer who brought in Medicaid expansion. McCain and Brewer have both slapped down the Arizona Tea Party.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:56 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Not really.
Compromising the Constitution, is not my idea of better than totally assassinating it. It is the same not better, with one being more drawn out and painful, creating serfs.

It is always amusing to see a Progressive, tell the Conservatives who to make their master. It is always another Progressive.
That's kinda funny...supposed "conservatives" are the ones who have really raped the constitution...little Bush and his Gestapo Homeland BS and I have seen zero presented by Tbaggers that have upheld or supported American's rights...just a bunch of windbags all for their 15 mins of fame...show me the votes,bills passed,bills submitted and ill have a bit more faith or interest.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:57 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,098,001 times
Boehner has started throwing red meat to the base. He's started ranting and raving about unemployed people.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
That's kinda funny...supposed "conservatives" are the ones who have really raped the constitution...little Bush and his Gestapo Homeland BS and I have seen zero presented by Tbaggers that have upheld or supported American's rights...just a bunch of windbags all for their 15 mins of fame...show me the votes,bills passed,bills submitted and ill have a bit more faith or interest.

I tend to agree, Bush Jr. & Sr., along with every president since Franklin Pierce, no matter which party they were from or representing.

The big offenders, being Lincoln, Wilson, FDR, LBJ, Nixon, Reagan, Bush Jr. and now Obama.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:07 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post

Now we have Trey Gowdy who was supposed to be the greatest thing since bottled beer for the Tea Party except he sounded bi-partisan during the first Benghazi hearing. Which leads me to the old Tea Party phrase "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." As Tea Partier do you think the Republicans will be able to pull the wool over enough peoples eyes before the election.

Trey Gowdy
Reasonable people aren't looking for red meat, and they never WERE looking for red meat. They're looking for truth, regardless of where the truth takes them. As Trey Gowdy said a few months ago, facts aren't partisan.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:20 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Boehner has started throwing red meat to the base. He's started ranting and raving about unemployed people.
Then he came out yesterday in support of immigration reform. He didnt mention anything about Obamacare in a speech to the AEI.

Boehner: Immigration reform will help boost the economy | TheHill

Old 09-20-2014, 10:20 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
that spending other peoples money -$200 billion to extend a few seniors life by a couple of months might be excessive

so what you are saying is that like every other liberal...you are anti- elderly

why do the 'we care so much for you" liberals hate the elderly and the military
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies