Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does the left still agree with multiculturalism?
Yes 20 74.07%
No 7 25.93%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 06:09 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,636 times

Advertisements

So we know that conservatives/TPers/whatever dislike it which I suppose makes them "racists" or "bigots".

But what about those on the left? Is it ok for other immigrants to come to the US/Western nation or any developed nation without adapting to US/Western law and culture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 06:17 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
So we know that conservatives/TPers/whatever dislike it which I suppose makes them "racists" or "bigots".

But what about those on the left? Is it ok for other immigrants to come to the US or any developed nation without adapting to US/Western law and culture?
There isn't a law against it but why migrate here if you don't plan on assimilating into our society? Nothing wrong with retaining one's native culture or language at home but out in mainstream America blend in rather than remaining separate and standing out.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There isn't a law against it but why migrate here if you don't plan on assimilating into our society? Nothing wrong with retaining one's native culture or language at home but out in mainstream America blend in rather than remaining separate and standing out.
You obviously get it, but I want to hear from our proclaimed tolerant and accepting folks from the left if they are ok what I asked in the OP.

Oh I forgot to add in the OP: Be honest. Thanks.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:33 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,097,013 times
What exactly does a US monoculture look like? Because I sure as hell have never seen one. What do conservatives have against the very manner in which this country was formed?

Last edited by Grsz11; 09-20-2014 at 06:50 AM..

Old 09-20-2014, 06:36 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,376 times
What kind of freedom loving American would be against the rich tapestry of human life and the desire amongst people to express their own identity in the manner they see fit?

Old 09-20-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
What exactly does a US monoculture look like? Because I sure as hell have never seen one.
First time I've ever heard that. Why don't you tell me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
What do conservatives have against the very manner in which this country was formed?
Nothing wrong with people from other cultures immigration to this nation. But please answer my question in the OP. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
What kind of freedom loving American would be against the rich tapestry of human life and the desire amongst people to express their own identity in the manner they see fit?
Where did I say they shouldn't have their own identity? Reread my question.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:03 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
Quote:

But what about those on the left? Is it ok for other immigrants to come to the US/Western nation or any developed nation without adapting to US/Western law and culture?
Well, they still have to conform to Western law regardless of culture. For example, the United States has freedom of religion, and I can't thing of a single religion that actually supports that (this included Judaism and Christianity). So if someone from North African comes a disagrees with freedom of religion for their own religious/cultural reasons... well that's too bad. Keep it to them self or go else where.

With that said, even if they don't really care for other religions, so long as they simply get past that (agree to disagree), they should have full rights to continue any cultural or religious practices they had from their homeland. They don't have to celebrate thanksgiving, independence day, or whatever if they choose not to.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:13 AM

1,259 posts, read 829,087 times
What is here to agree or disagree with? America has been multicultural from day one and it will stay this way. Are you proposing that we force the Amish to speak English and shave their long beards?
Multiculturalism in America is a fact, like gravity. It does not matter if you agree with ir or not.

Quote:

Old 09-20-2014, 08:16 AM

89 posts, read 209,988 times
Of course liberals agree with multiculturalism since that is the state religion today. It is just a tool used to protect the rights of certain groups of people while at the same time help facilitate open borders immigration which is turning the USA and all the other Anglosphere countries into a third world.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:19 AM

1,259 posts, read 829,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saxon Lion View Post
It is just a tool used to protect the rights of certain groups of people while at the same time help facilitate open borders immigration which is turning the USA and all the other Anglosphere countries into a third world.

Funny that this was almost exactly the argument against the Irish and Italian immigration to America. LOL
Conservatives never change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies