Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 03:38 PM

174 posts, read 181,589 times

Advertisements

I am sure this question has been asked before but it just seems that everything this president does works against that very thing that made the United States the best country in the world period. Now with dropping the ball on Ebola, elimination of massive amounts of jobs, doing nothing to help the middle class in reality, we will most likely fall into the absolute worst recession or depression sometime soon in 2015, printing of money, open U.S borders, our future social security checks will be eaten by welfare, the ongoing war and the list continues, what was left in manufacturing has been chased out to Canada and alike. I cannot leave out the division that has been created as well over the last 6 years making everything about race or equality. Just imagine of there is an amnesty, far fewer Americans will have work.

Nothing is looking on the bright side.

I know there are those leftist warriors that will continue to stand behind this administration all the way to the end, but at the same there are a ton of democrats that have left the extreme left this administration has brought them.

Will this be named the worst ever presidency?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 03:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
No. He isn't a great President, but he is far from the worst. US Grant, Truman, LBJ were worse. Carter was about equally bad. Ford was a bust. GW Bush is right there with Obama.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:46 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
The best or worst president is almost entirely subject to your opinion. We will have to wait and see what a less biased time will say. The Democrats will say Obama is the best president along with FDR and LBJ, Republicans (that includes "independent" conservatives and libertarians) will say Obama is the worst president, right alongside LBJ and FDR.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:48 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,215,951 times
Absolutely the worst.

He hasn't hit rock bottom. He still has two years to screw up even more.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:52 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
He makes jimmy carter look good. So. Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Absolutely the worst.

He hasn't hit rock bottom. He still has two years to screw up even more.
I give you Exhibit A, ladies and gentlemen

Old 10-02-2014, 03:56 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,360 times
He's certainly the dumbest. Kind of goes along with his supporters.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:59 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,000 times
Seriously? Lincoln, Wilson, FDR. Obama is not even in the league of middle evil presidents...

Old 10-02-2014, 04:01 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinctwentyone View Post
I am sure this question has been asked before but it just seems that everything this president does works against that very thing that made the United States the best country in the world period. Now with dropping the ball on Ebola, elimination of massive amounts of jobs, doing nothing to help the middle class in reality, we will most likely fall into the absolute worst recession or depression sometime soon in 2015, printing of money, open U.S borders, our future social security checks will be eaten by welfare, the ongoing war and the list continues, what was left in manufacturing has been chased out to Canada and alike. I cannot leave out the division that has been created as well over the last 6 years making everything about race or equality. Just imagine of there is an amnesty, far fewer Americans will have work.

Nothing is looking on the bright side.

I know there are those leftist warriors that will continue to stand behind this administration all the way to the end, but at the same there are a ton of democrats that have left the extreme left this administration has brought them.

Will this be named the worst ever presidency?
I have like a 20 year rule unless someone just does something that stands out.

in Obamas case the jury is out. Im too partisian to see it clearly at this point. I think he stinks. but

Franklin Pierce
James Buchanan
Herbert Hoover
Jimmy Carter

all have something to say on the subject... He does however seem to be a good fit for that crowd. giggle.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:08 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,050,257 times
Possibly, but the field is getting crowded.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:08 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
He is the first president in the social media age which puts a whole new angle on things and shapes opinions fairly or not. Presidents are judged in retrospect and in the context of history. I think Obama will be OK - not great but average.
Maybe the biggest thing we are learning from Obama's presidency is that presidents in general can't really do much about what happens in the world. They are not the all powerful people we seem to expect them to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies