Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 10:06 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times

Advertisements

OMG! I had no idea all those people in the welfare lines (indisputably Democrats) like the woman below were so intelligent!

The things you learn on these boards!

Free Obama Phone - YouTube

Old 10-10-2014, 10:12 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,359 times
Some ideas are so preposterous only "intellectuals" (leftists) will believe them.

Knowledge without wisdom is double folly. And how much of that "knowledge" is of "facts" that simply are not so. From Economic Marxism to Cultural Marxism, from Global Cooling to Global Warming, I have seen so much leftist hokum--no, hokum is too mild a word, make that downright Evil--in my relatively short lifetime already.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:00 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,061,255 times
Tons of reasons can be tossed out there. A lot of liberal perspectives on issues can be seen as the result of divergent thinking, which can improve your overall brain function, which can have a positive impact on your intelligence and also lead to making more liberal insights and having the cycle start all over again.

And, like someone pointed out, it could be the other way around where the higher intelligence or superior brain performance lends itself to an increase in divergent thinking, which incites more liberal perspectives to begin with. Or even shooba dooba wop wow.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:10 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,426,693 times
Eh, I grew up republican because that's what my parents were (how I think 80% of Americans actually vote.) I went off to college and am now in grad school. What college DID do to me is make me more liberal on social issues. However I still believe in low tax and as less government intrusion into my life as possible. I also believe people should be held accountable for their actions. i.e. if you got pregnant at 16 and made all failing grades I don't believe that any of my paycheck should go towards "helping you."

Im still conservative on fiscal issues but that may have something to do with the fact that I have a business degree.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj View Post
Let me guess... Conservative? You proved the point.
This morning on NPR they made the claim that in the next 30 years sea levels will have risen two feet thus Miami is in trouble. I would bet ANYTHING that in 30 years when this hasn't taken place none of the liberal elite will get on camera and admit they were wrong.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:21 AM

Atheistic Liberals ARE Smarter, But for a Funny Reason | Psychology Today

FYI this Psychology Today post attempts to explain the research and presents the argument that liberals aren't "smarter" because theyre more educated, but that people who go to college change their views to suit their sexual needs. Read it, its very interesting and Id buy it.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:21 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
BTW - OP, I get that you wanted to include those pics to represent the ignorance of the offenders...or at least that's what I thought it was intended to do. And I didn't take your post to be offensive, your intent was to state facts which I thought you clearly achieved. But honestly, I find the pics to be grossly offensive and disrespectful to our president. The spewing's of such ignorant people really don't merit being shared. What never ceases to amaze me about people like those ignoramuses, is that they only see the president as black rather than half white, half black.

BTW - I am of a reasonable intelligence, neither completely conservative nor liberal. We need a new term for people who want to shed these old, restrictive labels

Another very thoughtful, fair post, Raleigh!

Yes, those pictures disgusted me.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
The only intelligence I credit Limbaugh with is the fact that he doesn't really believe the bill of goods he's selling everyone. I think he learned early on that the more radical his views were, the more in your face and obnoxious he was about it, and the less he tolerated others views, the higher his ratings went. And Bingo - it's a steady paycheck, and it's apparently the only way he can make a living. So it boils down to the fact that he's is smart enough to fabricate the nonsense that many are willing to believe.
Exactly!

Ooh, girl, you are on a ROLL today!

Old 10-10-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Another example, conservatives are ruled by emotions and more likely to dismiss facts. Not analyze and then dismiss, just dismiss what does not fit their (often set in stone) schematic world views.
I agree this is often the case (particularly with the less well-educated), but this is EXACTLY what they say about us, too.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:40 AM

3,026 posts, read 3,646,980 times
When asked to give their political views, people with more education think they are more liberal than they really are, and since higher IQ folks are more likely to pursue education, it only appears that "liberals" are more intelligent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies