Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2014, 07:53 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,676,018 times

Advertisements

Actually, this is not a thread about which political party is more intelligent. It's a mask for bigotry. This is no different than when charts, graphs, and statistics were used to "prove" blacks were less intelligent than whites by biased parties.

You'd think that all these "geniuses" would learn from history, but I guess you can't fix stupid (or bigotry).

It's as if the OP and author of this article took a page directly from the KKK manual.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:46 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

Bait taken and point proven
Indeed, you've demonstrated your lack of abstract thought, critical thinking and subtlety quite well.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:00 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
Actually, this is not a thread about which political party is more intelligent. It's a mask for bigotry. This is no different than when charts, graphs, and statistics were used to "prove" blacks were less intelligent than whites by biased parties.

You'd think that all these "geniuses" would learn from history, but I guess you can't fix stupid (or bigotry).

It's as if the OP and author of this article took a page directly from the KKK manual.
Clever, but no dice.

If you think the facts are wrong, then prove it. Don't just play a tired old card.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:08 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post

The incorrect premise in this argument is that there is a difference between a liberal and a conservative. They are 2 sides of the same coin. Liberals and conservatives are both anti-rational and both seek power over others to compensate for their own perceived inadequacies. Liberals lust after control of the property of others. Conservatives lust after control over the behavior of others.

Both camps are equally inept, just in different ways.

Both camps are anti-rational, just in different ways.

Both camps are mystical, just in different ways.

The Conservative wants to tell you how to live, but will let you keep most of your money. The Liberal tells you to live any way you want, as long as you give him most of your money.

In American politics, Democrats and Republicans are the same exact thing. The differences are only cosmetic. Both are statists, both are collectivists, both hate the independent man, both are bad.

Were you in class when BHO was supposedly lecturing?

Old 10-10-2014, 10:03 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I have always thought less intelligent people are more amenable to being led and manipulated. Also less likely to accept change. And this is just a belief, not necessarily a fact. Based on my personal observations.

The view from my back yard is the conservatives use religious and social beliefs to attract huge voting blocks of people. Folks who economically speaking have the most to lose from conservative policies benefiting big business and the wealthy. They have one simple strategy used over and over to defeat anything that might help the average Joe. All they have to do is scream out family values, abortion, and gay marriage to win the day. You can't reason with a mob whipped into a frenzy by politicians and the pulpits. Scream abortion and these people will vote themselves into fiscal disaster with a smile on their faces, convinced they did the right thing.

The Constitution was and is a brilliant document. It's a travesty most people lack the critical thinking skills to separate Church and State.
That's funny because I've seen quite a few things that suggest that people of above-average intelligence tend to be favorite targets of cults, because intelligent people are more open to ideology. I watched a documentary (or possibly Frontline a few years ago) of an English Muslim who had been involved with an extremist group and put explosives on a car that blew up a government official or injured him. He was "de-programmed" in prison and ended up becoming a de-programmer himself in Great Britain and Pakistan. He said the same thing, that Muslim extremist groups target students at university because intelligent people are more open to ideology.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:29 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That's funny because I've seen quite a few things that suggest that people of above-average intelligence tend to be favorite targets of cults, because intelligent people are more open to ideology. I watched a documentary (or possibly Frontline a few years ago) of an English Muslim who had been involved with an extremist group and put explosives on a car that blew up a government official or injured him. He was "de-programmed" in prison and ended up becoming a de-programmer himself in Great Britain and Pakistan. He said the same thing, that Muslim extremist groups target students at university because intelligent people are more open to ideology.

The Hare Krishna guys were a big hit in the mid 70s. None of them were down and out and it was evident well to do white guys got sucked in somehow.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:52 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
I have seen this over and over and over again. Its not a fallacy to say that the states with the highest levels of Republicans also have the lowest educational levels. Also highest rates of racism. I was born in one of those states. I now live in California.

Thing is, I have always been a liberal. I was always very, very intelligent as a child, college reading level in the second grade, read Shakespeare in 3rd grade (and got it)- and was never, ever racist. I always saw through it. There were Klansmen on my city council, ok? Serious stuff. All white church, the whole lot. And I never bought into it. This whole crap I used to hear in the South about "aw that's just how I was raised".......its crap. CRAP. You can live among idiots and not turn into one. I rebelled against them fools from day one. I knew they were fools. Neither of my parents were educated either- my mother never even went to high school, my father never graduated, but my mother always read books. So I think that was what did it for me- to this day we are both voracious readers.

So those that say "well, liberals are more educated because they believe some Zionist conspiracy taught by the schools and the more education=the more lies" would be wrong. If you are smart you see through nonsense that is based on some knee-jerk tribalism that has no place in the modern world. You wanna live in a redneck cave you defend from imaginary ghetto welfare mothers? Go right ahead. Just don't try and tell me your way was carefully researched and considered. Don't tell me you are right, bro, cause you aren't.

^ My point exactly, and it can't be highlighted enough.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
There are tons of liberals who like to believe they are "smarter" than those so-called icky conservatives. Truth be known a degree doesn't guarantee intelligence.
I agree. That is not what most people are saying. A degree is merely one of many factors that raise an IQ.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post

This is TOTALLY different. IQ tests have a history of being biased to upper class white males due to the language involved such as "regatta" and "auspicious" - words that blacks are not likely to hear.

Today we have "culture fair IQ tests" and the testmakers do work on improving such biases.

So yes, we've learned from history and now you should too.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:32 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,285 times
Both liberals and conservatives are equally dumb.... I don't see a difference between a flag waving, racist, republican, fat assed Texas moron, and a yapping, flag burning, california liberal who cannot shut up about what they have to say as if the rest of the world cared about their opinion!

The Smartest kind of folk is the one who stays in the center, in the center you actually can see the pros and cons of both the left and the right and you can take the best of each side and avoid the bad!!!!

Critical thinkers often stay in the center and avoid left and right while staying observant, while the extremist morons often just go to the left or the right and then yap about it non-stop!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies