Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 06:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I just read online that in Canada you have to stay 3 feet away from strippers though - no lap dances. That seems utterly bizarre.
No lap dances? Where did you read that?
There are some discrepancies in the rules on whether or not you can touch the lap dancers, but of course we have lap dances.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2.../17500131.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 06:53 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Actually Las Vegas is pretty easy about topless but nude means no booze...and you can do nude at 18...while toplesss and booze is 21.

Vegas is weird in some this. We teach heterosexual abstinence only in the schools.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:54 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
No lap dances? Where did you read that?
There are some discrepancies in the rules on whether or not you can touch the lap dancers, but of course we have lap dances.

Court ruling about touching in strip clubs leaves 'gray zone'
Clearly he hasn't been in a Canadian strip joint. Just saying is all, just saying

Old 10-09-2014, 07:05 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Doesn't this invalidate your entire point?

It's true that strip clubs have been shutting down all over (and not just in liberal cities like Seattle), but that's mostly because of the Internet.
I don't know how it invalidates anything. Liberals went after and shut down Rick's strip club. The Supreme Court has ruled that strip clubs are protected by the 1st Amendment, so there is only so much that libs can do to quash them. But they continue to try.

Red states have traditionally been tolerant of strip clubs. Blue states, not so much. Texas and Florida generally lead the nation in stripping, and a deep blue state like WA is in the bottom 5 for stripping, no pun intended.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:21 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I don't know how it invalidates anything. Liberals went after and shut down Rick's strip club.
Because of perceived corruption. Not because they're anti-sex or anything. As your very own link goes on to say, another strip club opened up in the same location.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:28 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
How cute! Conservatives who seek to control who you can sleep with are now whining about bordellos being closed.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How cute! Conservatives who seek to control who you can sleep with are now whining about bordellos being closed.
Give me an example of a conservative who "seek[s] to control who [sic] you can sleep with..." I've given you examples of liberals who do that (Gil Kerlikowske, Jenny Durkan), now just give me one example of a conservative who does it.

Conservative icon Grover Norquist coined the phrase 'leave me alone coalition.' Hillary Clinton said "it takes a village;' in other words, she is going to be all up into your business.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
I don't know how it invalidates anything. Liberals went after and shut down Rick's strip club. The Supreme Court has ruled that strip clubs are protected by the 1st Amendment, so there is only so much that libs can do to quash them. But they continue to try.

Red states have traditionally been tolerant of strip clubs. Blue states, not so much. Texas and Florida generally lead the nation in stripping, and a deep blue state like WA is in the bottom 5 for stripping, no pun intended.
That sounds like quite the stretch on your part...or do you think it is okay for people to bribe city council members?

And do you have any idea how easy it is to find a strip club in Seattle? isn't there still that one right by Pike Place Market?

Old 10-09-2014, 08:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Give me an example of a conservative who "seek[s] to control who [sic] you can sleep with..." I've given you examples of liberals who do that (Gil Kerlikowske, Jenny Durkan), now just give me one example of a conservative who does it.

Conservative icon Grover Norquist coined the phrase 'leave me alone coalition.' Hillary Clinton said "it takes a village;' in other words, she is going to be all up into your business.
How about states that use to have anti-sodomy laws? It wasn't liberals who made those laws.

Heck, conservatives love to try and govern what people do in their sex lives.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I don't know about Canada, but in most places in the US strip clubs that serve alcohol can only be topless. Oregon is an exception - full nude stripping and alcohol are allowed in the same establishment.
Virtually all strip clubs in the Seattle area are no alcohol. This never bothered me personally as I don't see the appeal of mixing sex and booze, But is just another example of the nanny state mentality of Seattle. Frank Colicurcio was one of he first to go to serving soda pop only at his clubs to evade the intrusion and cash grabs of the liquor control board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies