Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 02:13 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,610,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I know someone from Brazil who use to say the same thing. As I would say, the US is one of the most oversexed prudish country out their.
Yeah, I grew up in the US for the most part but it has always confused me. The US is the land of contradictions when it comes to sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 03:11 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
A group of conservatives named Citizens for Community Values led the fight to tighten Ohio's strip club regulations. Matt Bartle, A conservative Republican state senator, almost single-handedly led the fight to restrict Missouri's strip club activities.

Also, two of the more conservative cities in Washington, Spokane and Vancouver, have one strip club combined. Spokane's most popular strip club is in Stateline, Idaho.
See? Conservatives are no more a freind to freedom than Liberals, so all that chest pounding they do is entirely symbolic....

Conservatives and Liberals..... really just two sides of the same coin.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I pump my own gas all the time. Most of our stations are self-serve.
In Oregon it's ILLEGAL to pump your own gas...... How's that for ya?

"land of the free" smh

Old 10-11-2014, 03:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I've heard the liquor stores are all government owned and you can't even pump your own gas. I assumed it was urban legend.
I just came back from our government-owned liquor store.
Damn, those guys really know their stuff.

"Mais, non! Madame, that wine doesn't go with turkey! That's a wine you serve with asparagus soufflé.
Allons! I'll find you something for turkey."

Old 10-11-2014, 03:56 PM

Aren't all liquor stores in the U.S. government owned and operated? I mean I know you can get the watered down stuff at drug stores but I thought pretty much all REAL liquor stores were ran by the gov't.

We've always called them state stores around here.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:06 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I don't know about Canada, but in most places in the US strip clubs that serve alcohol can only be topless. Oregon is an exception - full nude stripping and alcohol are allowed in the same establishment.
Most of the clubs here (Las Vegas) that serve alcohol are topless only. There's one or two clubs that are full nude and also serve alcohol - one of them is about a block away from where I'm sitting. Don't know how the one or two got that exemption - I've always assumed that their licenses were grandfathered after some new law was passed.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:24 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,533,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Unfortunately our liquor stores are government owned, but we have it so others pump our gas. It is really nice when it is raining out. Besides, who wants their hands to smell like gas?
Oregon liquor stores since the 80s are partially privately owned in a way though since while the liquor is officially owned by the OLCC, a private contractor runs and operates the store. Personally, I don't even see much difference than a liquor store in other states--prices aren't that bad overall, and there's liquor stores with very good selections in Portland.

Though I like places like California or Hawaii where you can get liquor in a grocery store or convenience store.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:40 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
meh, my friends always drag me to the strip clubs when i am portland, bragging about how awesmoe they are. i just dont see the point of strip clubs in the US. at least in other countries you can have sex with the strippers. but just to look? thats silly.
You just don't know which strip clubs to go to.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
In Oregon it's ILLEGAL to pump your own gas...... How's that for ya?

"land of the free" smh
Just like in Mexico.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Aren't all liquor stores in the U.S. government owned and operated? I mean I know you can get the watered down stuff at drug stores but I thought pretty much all REAL liquor stores were ran by the gov't.

We've always called them state stores around here.
No. Only in a very few states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies