Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 09:30 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's a debate of being proactive vs reactive.
It's apples and oranges when you compare military v civilian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 09:30 AM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Well if she does develop Ebola, spreads it and kills someone charge her with murder. In the end, she's going to regret acting like a 3 year old and not taking others health into consideration. My bet, she's black balled by her own people.

I have to admit though, it's funny to watch liberals ****, moan and whine.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I know you said Katiana was being a bit defensive in her remarks but you both actually have a point. Remember, the CDC insisted 'any' hospital would be able to care for Ebola with standard infection control practices. This has been shown to not be accurate. So, when CDC says it was a breach in protocol, that does have a bit of connotation that the hospital or nurses intentionally broke said protocol. The CDC has since walked back the claim that any hospital could care for Ebola patients.

So, there is both the overly laissez faire manner in which CDC approached Ebola before the Duncan case and the fact that protocol breaches did happen but the word use is at issue. So, yes, protocol was breached BUT I think Katiana may be expressing frustration with the connotation used by CDC when they first spoke about how the nurses were infected. The CDC shares some significant blame here as well.
I agree. I think the CDC agrees. That's why they keep updating their response protocols. They KNOW they dropped the ball. It comes from living in their own reality, and thinking that that reality is universal. They work each day to investigate diseases and to control those diseases. They assume that hospitals do the same thing. But hospitals have purposes that are well beyond that. And since they do, they don't have the same focus that the CDC does. I think the CDC realizes that now.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No it's not. Exposure is exposure.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:41 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Doesn't Doctors Without Borders pay volunteers for their suggested 21 day voluntary quarantine? I thought I read that somewhere.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:55 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
You don't need to be sick to be quarantined. Read the law I posted. You just need to be exposed and there is no question that nurse drama queen was exposed. Isolation is for people who are actually sick; quarantine is for people who are exposed and may become sick.
Nurse drama queen no doubt. Definitely wanting her 15 minutes plus of fame. I can only assume she's actively seeking book and movie deals.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:04 AM

6 posts, read 4,488 times
Quote:
Oh, really. I didn’t know that ebola can distinguish who is military and who is civilian. IMO) The CDC are untrustworthy and Ebama’s puppet.

Nobel Prize-winning doctor and medical researcher, Dr. Bruce Beutler is in favor mandatory quarantine for all health care workers exposed to Ebola. Unlike the CDC, Dr Beutler has no political agenda. Read and learn.

Christie's controversial Ebola quarantine now embraced by Nobel Prize-winning doctor | NJ.com

Old 10-29-2014, 10:07 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
With military, it's national defense - no rules.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No it's not. Exposure is exposure.
Except when exposure doesn't necessarily mean transmission.

Ebola is not the flu. Ebola is not typhoid.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Fox View Post
Oh, really. I didn’t know that ebola can distinguish who is military and who is civilian. IMO) The CDC are untrustworthy and Ebama’s puppet.

Nobel Prize-winning doctor and medical researcher, Dr. Bruce Beutler is in favor mandatory quarantine for all health care workers exposed to Ebola. Unlike the CDC, Dr Beutler has no political agenda. Read and learn.

Christie's controversial Ebola quarantine now embraced by Nobel Prize-winning doctor | NJ.com
Utterly inane response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies