Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 07:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
As I said, Ellis Island were foreign nationals trying to gain citizenship. They could lock them up.

They were not citizens already. This Nurse is a natural American Citizen. She has a right to due process. Ellis Island is not a good determination for this event.

How much more due process do you need? She admitted to being exposed.
Last time I watched Perry Mason, admission was pretense to being incarcerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 07:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
A new business venture...

Ebola Bail Bonds

Old 10-29-2014, 07:58 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
not to mention, liable for all the money it will take, to take care of her.
Can't get juice out of a dried turnip. She'd be judgment proof. Taking care of Ebola patients is VERY
EXPENSIVE.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:02 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Not as costly as taking away freedom imho.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:02 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How much more due process do you need? She admitted to being exposed.
Last time I watched Perry Mason, admission was pretense to being incarcerated.
Being quarantined at your house, is one thing. Being locked at a external facility without due process amounts to being detained in jail without due process of law, meaning a jury or a judge has sentenced you to this.

If there is a law passed, that would also give due process. You could still challenge that law in court.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:04 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, the brainiacs in the State Department think it's a good idea to import non-citizen Ebola patients from Africa? And everyone said it was a rumor and now there is an actual memo.

State Department plans to bring foreign Ebola patients to U.S. - Washington Times

In my opinion, Obama usually uses Biden to test the waters for his ideas that the public might not like. Biden blurts out something. The White House sits back and waits for public and media reaction. If he gets a positive reaction, they say Biden just jumped the gun and they were planning to announce it themselves and if they get a bad reaction, well, then it was just Crazy Joe (insert White House yucks here) popping off and they have no plans for whatever they were really thinking of doing. All I can guess, is that Biden (if he really plans to run for President) balked on Ebola so they let the State Department float the idea.

I see that the article is talking about bringing health care workers to the US for treatment. Good. We need to help them. It is not like those infected doctors and aides will be put on commercial airlines to come here.

No doubt, some of the public will not like this. However, I suspect that if Africa blows up with hundreds of thousands of people infected with Ebola, with said people spreading out over the world, the public will also not like that.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:06 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Hopefully it will not even make it to court....purly I'm for me and nobody else....

Soldiers =s quarantine
civllina =s law suit

Old 10-29-2014, 08:09 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hopefully it will not even make it to court....purly I'm for me and nobody else....

Soldiers =s quarantine
civllina =s law suit
It is a free country, and most lawsuits people file aren't for the country, they are for self.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:09 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I agree. This person made the decision to expose herself to Ebola. FIne, her choice. The rest of the country did not make this choice and should not be exposed to the consequences of her reckless, irresponsible actions. She is like an aids patient that has unprotected sex with as many people as possible. Selfish and irresponsible.
What reckless, irresponsible actions?

Old 10-29-2014, 08:10 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,773,178 times
Everybody needs to take a step back and let this thing be determined by sound medical science - not politics or the threat of lawsuits.

There is either a risk inherent in letting someone who has been in contact with Ebola victims but had no symptoms to be out and about or there isn't. If there is indeed a risk, then isolation in a safe medical environment should be mandatory. Yeah, it sucks but so does spreading this disease.

If there is absolutely no risk until the explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting starts, and there is enough lead time once a fever is detected, then they should be told to monitor their temperature and where to report in if they detect a fever. Beyond that, they are free to grab some soup, ride the subway, or whatever else they desire.

Simply imposing some sort of honor system self isolation for the purpose of making the general public feel safer is just theater for political purposes. If it's warranted because of the risk, fine, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies