Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2014, 03:31 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,604,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Do you know who is most likely to not have the documents on hand? Poor whites. I wish the Democrats would stop making this about blacks. That's so insulting to me and my family.
So how do you explain the Republican obsession with Voter ID despite substantial evidence that actual voter fraud is virtually nonexistent? Are they actually of the literally insane belief that voter fraud is a problem, or are they using it as a cover to push a racist agenda? It's definitely at least one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 03:38 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
So how do you explain the Republican obsession with Voter ID despite substantial evidence that actual voter fraud is virtually nonexistent? Are they actually of the literally insane belief that voter fraud is a problem, or are they using it as a cover to push a racist agenda? It's definitely at least one.
I don't think Voter ID is enough. I also think that you're living in a fairy tale if you think the voting process is the only area where the honor system is abused. They have, of late, finally realized that the weakest area is at the registration process itself. Most states do not require you, at any time, including registration, to prove either your identity or citizenship. They've started to realize that comparing voter rolls to registration to find voter fraud is a lost cause and based on recent reports, realize that the problem is large and is found when doing things like comparing it to jury duty forms (e.g. Maryland) or polling non-residents themselves (e.g. CCES).

Frankly, the Federal government has made it nearly impossible for some states to check their voter rolls for illegals and felons by denying access to Federal databases. So you say that voter fraud is non-existent while at the same time, the process as it stands now, makes it impossible to prove. Nice little thing the Democrats have created there. Now why would the Federal government reject access to those databases by the state? Why wouldn't they want the states to have the ability to prove voter fraud?

You need to put down the propaganda and use some common sense. The GOP does not have a racists agenda. But then again, the Democrats are counting on voters like yourself to believe their propaganda.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:39 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Do you know who is most likely to not have the documents on hand? Poor whites. I wish the Democrats would stop making this about blacks. That's so insulting to me and my family.
You know the relative statistics on poor Black and White?

The percentage of Blacks with document problems is lower than that of Whites? You really think that?

Old 11-03-2014, 03:42 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

The percentage of Blacks with document problems is lower than that of Whites? You really think that?
Why do blacks have document problems? Seriously.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:42 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
You still are maintaing that blacks are much more incapable of obtaining an id and that is simply untrue.
Actually the GAO study said the only Ethnic group hit out of proportion to the population was Black.

Does not say they could not obtain. But does say they did not vote.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Why do blacks have document problems? Seriously.
I suspect nobody has a definitive answer but I would suspect some combination of disproportionately more intergenerational poverty + lack of ancestral immigration papers (slavery) + widespread well-earned distrust of institutional authority.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I suspect nobody has a definitive answer but I would suspect some combination of disproportionately more intergenerational poverty + lack of ancestral immigration papers (slavery) + widespread well-earned distrust of institutional authority.
If widespread distrust of institutional authority was a valid excuse, myself and almost every baby boomer wouldn't vote.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:00 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

Only seen the whole numbers. Have to go and find it though.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
If widespread distrust of institutional authority was a valid excuse, myself and almost every baby boomer wouldn't vote.
You're talking about a group of people that probably spent hours on the bus back-and-forth to get the requirements they needed to vote last time, and then the GOP changed the rules so those items aren't good enough anymore. It's a little different from the totally-not-impacting-your-ability-to-vote distrust you have.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
You're talking about a group of people that probably spent hours on the bus back-and-forth to get the requirements they needed to vote last time, and then the GOP changed the rules so those items aren't good enough anymore. It's a little different from the totally-not-impacting-your-ability-to-vote distrust you have.
Agreed. But I still maintain if you want to vote, make the effort. Lots of people, white, black, latino, etc. make that effort every election. It makes it all the sweeter when your party wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies