Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:27 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Christie looked like an idiot shooting off his mouth. So funny that Republicans actually wanted this buffoon to run for president.
LOL A few years ago he was a favorite of Democrats because he was willing to work with Obama. Now he's an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 06:40 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,510 times
My favorite part is when Christie tells the guy he'll meet with him any time -- and never -- in the same moment.

"So, listen, you want to have that conversation later buddy, I'd be happy to have it. But until that time, sit down and shut up!"

Keady offers to meet him to talk about it later.

"I'll tell you, there's about a thousand things I'll do tonight, going to dinner with you is about number one thousand and one."

Christie's a bullying loudmouth...like all such, he's a coward too.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:44 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Christie, whether you like him or not, he tells it like it is.

Unlike every other politician out there that panders to everyone.
As in tell it like it is, you mean try to talk only about oneself? All Christie cares about is Christie and he is very clear about that, and he is not ashamed of using New Jersey for any political gains.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL A few years ago he was a favorite of Democrats because he was willing to work with Obama. Now he's an idiot.
That was a political move, nothing worse for Republicans to have a loved politician among Republicans working with the president during an election year that lead to Obama's reelection.

Actually before Sandy, I didn't really know much about Christie other than he liked to shoot his mouth off a lot. Since Sandy we have all seen how he has used that to his advantage in his reelection campaign while neglecting the people most in need after the destruction left behind. Christie has shown himself to only care about Christie and that he is willing to use his own state for any political gain.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:47 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,814,292 times
Hope he keeps flapping his lips. Do NOT want him to even be a possibility for president. We don't need another big gov't RINO running.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
My favorite part is when Christie tells the guy he'll meet with him any time -- and never -- in the same moment.

"So, listen, you want to have that conversation later buddy, I'd be happy to have it. But until that time, sit down and shut up!"

Keady offers to meet him to talk about it later.

"I'll tell you, there's about a thousand things I'll do tonight, going to dinner with you is about number one thousand and one."

Christie's a bullying loudmouth...like all such, he's a coward too.
Yeah, that was a pretty funny part. Someone should tell Christie when you tell someone to sit down and shut up, but you are happy to sit down at a dinner and have a conversation with them, then you should follow through with that. It looked like Christie wasn't expecting the guy to agree to a conversation over dinner and the guy called him on it.

That is a typical move from a bully to try to talk down to other people and that is all Christie does.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:58 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Quote:
As in tell it like it is, you mean try to talk only about oneself? All Christie cares about is Christie and he is very clear about that, and he is not ashamed of using New Jersey for any political gains.
Says the guy who lives in Oregon and can't possibly know the real ins/outs of NJ.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:16 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Those who live in communities either on the shore or below sea level (NOLA) are eventually going to get hammered.

Fact of life.
I wouldnt need flood insurance in Death Valley!

Old 10-30-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Says the guy who lives in Oregon and can't possibly know the real ins/outs of NJ.
Well I was living in New Jersey for the past couple of years when my wife and I moved away from Oregon to live in the NYC metro for a couple of years. Bayonne, New Jersey. Got to enjoy 5 days without power.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:28 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Quote:
Well I was living in New Jersey for the past couple of years when my wife and I moved away from Oregon to live in the NYC metro for a couple of years. Bayonne, New Jersey. Got to enjoy 5 days without power.
A few years here is like being on vacation.

After you're here for a few decades then come back and talk about Jersey politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies