Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 07:51 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
A few years here is like being on vacation.

After you're here for a few decades then come back and talk about Jersey politics.
Haha, heck no, two years was two years too many for me. I have no interest punishing myself by living a few decades in New Jersey when there are beautiful states out there like Oregon I could be living in. New Jersey may be a great place for you, but it was an awful place for me, and the two years I was there I saw more than my fair share of New Jersey politics and I didn't like what I saw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 11:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Christie looked like an idiot shooting off his mouth. So funny that Republicans actually wanted this buffoon to run for president.
Like Obama looks like an idiot every time he opens his mouth since the only thing he knows how to do is attack R's then he wonders why no one wants anything to do with him.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:14 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Like Obama looks like an idiot every time he opens his mouth since the only thing he knows how to do is attack R's then he wonders why no one wants anything to do with him.
Does every thread need to be about Obama with you?

Old 10-31-2014, 02:26 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,923 times
This actually made me like Christie even more.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:43 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,504,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Plus most of those houses were people's second home , still sad to see them damaged , but they still had their "real" homes to live in .
They were still homes, even if second homes. Homes that they paid for and kept up. Did the heckler have a point? I don't know. I'm not familiar with the area.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:19 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Plus most of those houses were people's second home , still sad to see them damaged , but they still had their "real" homes to live in .
Wrong, I live in NJ on the shore and many people are displaced. The fellow who is the heckler does have a point. Businesses got help, the boardwalks got money, but many , many people can't get their homes repaired.

Fema paid only for the lodging , putting one up in a hotel or place to live. The insurance does not cover it all. Many are stuck and can't get a small loan because they are elderly and the state isn't helping with any money at all. The businesses got money, the towns got money to replace the beaches and boardwalks and many are still not in their homes. The town that Christie got heckled in was 70 % covered by water. The homes that were built high had no damage.These are usually the million dollar larger homes. The small bungalows got hit the worst and they were owned by average people.

I can understand the heckling by this fellow. He is trying to get help for those who haven't been in their homes for two years and counting.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:18 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Wrong, I live in NJ on the shore and many people are displaced. The fellow who is the heckler does have a point. Businesses got help, the boardwalks got money, but many , many people can't get their homes repaired.

Fema paid only for the lodging , putting one up in a hotel or place to live. The insurance does not cover it all. Many are stuck and can't get a small loan because they are elderly and the state isn't helping with any money at all. The businesses got money, the towns got money to replace the beaches and boardwalks and many are still not in their homes. The town that Christie got heckled in was 70 % covered by water. The homes that were built high had no damage.These are usually the million dollar larger homes. The small bungalows got hit the worst and they were owned by average people.

I can understand the heckling by this fellow. He is trying to get help for those who haven't been in their homes for two years and counting.
Can you cite your sources on this? Can you also point to information on what Christie has done so far?

Old 10-31-2014, 04:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Christie, whether you like him or not, he tells it like it is.

Unlike every other politician out there that panders to everyone.
This is what I like about him, but in the end, this is what will hurt him I am afraid. There has to be a line drawn between telling it as it is and knowing when to use some common sense.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:49 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Proably didn't have insurance is my guess. Idiot all around.
It was a democrat politician trying to cause trouble.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:59 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,678,383 times
Quote:
Christie, whether you like him or not, he tells it like it is.

Unlike every other politician out there that panders to everyone.
I also appreciate Christie's bluntness. In this age of political correctness, poll driven speeches, and half truths he is a breath of fresh air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies