Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 01:17 AM
ck9 ck9 started this thread

71 posts, read 124,173 times

Advertisements

why do americans believe they are the greatest country in the world?. they dont even crack the top 15 in any kind of rating that matters. maybe its the 12000 murders a year. maybe its because the government sends young people to die to enforce the will of the corporations. maybe its the healthcare. you peolpe need to come out of your media induced coma and wake up because your country is in serious trouble. stop believing its your god given right to rule the world. ever think of why people attack you?. canada is very similar and no one attacks us. there is a whole side of the story that your not being told . its not religious fanatisism its that people in t
those countries don want to be occupied and exploited, can you blame them?
remember the british? when you drove them out what did you call yourselves? terrorists? insurgents?. remember one mans terrorist is another mans partriot. change your foreign policy this war on terror can never be won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 01:25 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times
We believe we are the greatest nation on earth because we know we are. What has Canada done to contribute to the global economy? Produced a bunch of hydroponic weed? Oh wow, good for you. You can sit in your frozen golden thrones and criticize us but the fact of the matter is we do much more for the world than you. To say Canada is very similar is ridiculous. I don't see Canada trying to balance the quagmire that is illegal immigration. I do not see Canada trying to fight the war against terror. Nor do I see Canada as a successful role model for universal health care. That's right. Come crying to some hospital in Minneapolis or Boise when you have cancer because your government doesn't give a damn. Oh, and enjoy the cheesy humor of Corner Gas and revel in the fact that you blessed the United States with the overrated Judd Apatow. In all seriousness, comparing the United States to Canada is akin to comparing the United States to Mexico. We are not the same. People are not desperately seeking to come to Canada because they know that they will be taxed to death. They know their opportunities are not as vast as they are in the United States. Speaking of Judd Apatow, I lied. I think he is brilliant. Notice that he is trying to make a name for himself in the United States? The Toronto Film Festival only gets you so far. And so does Canada.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:59 AM

youre right we havent really contributed alot to the world. we are lagging way behind as far as dropping nuclear bombs on the japanese, we never really caught onto slavery and didnt really kill alot of indians during our early years. I guesss were distracted by inventing things like telephones, radar and radio. we dont fight the war on terror because its not our fight. your comments are exactly my point and are fitting to my chosen thread title god bless you, keep living the fictitious american dream buddy. one more thing who is judd apatow? and I am honestly sorry for nickleback.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:09 AM

1,149 posts, read 5,635,792 times
Americans are victims too. Do not blame ordinary hard-working American citizens for what a small group are doing in their own interest. The "war on terror" is nothing but a neo-conservative scam. I recommend the BBC documentary Power of Nightmares which covers the issue.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:21 AM

thats true its not the peoples fault being gullible is not a crime. i invite them to come to the north for a year and watch american news its unbelivably retarded, thank god bhutto got killed that 24 hour tiger attack coverage on cnn was getting old.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:29 AM

751 posts, read 1,179,228 times
The average Canadian is usually much more educated than the average American. Even Canadian rednecks are relatively educated compared to a similar American. I used to watch CBC and that is what I call "real news", compared to Fox News, you can tell that FOX is news for the ignorant masses. Canada's educational system is superb. Canadians are overall much more educated and intellectual than Americans. I have a lot of respect for Canada.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:32 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I used to watch CBC and that is what I call "real news", compared to Fox News, you can tell that FOX is news for the ignorant masses.
No, Fox News is for those who are tired of watching news with a leftist slant to it.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:34 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by internat View Post
The "war on terror" is nothing but a neo-conservative scam.
A "scam?" Do you mean we were not attacked on our own soil on 9/11?
And why did many Democrats in Congress approve of it?

Old 01-01-2008, 02:37 AM

922 posts, read 1,909,375 times
Default Troll Alert !

sounds like a wet behind the ears, know nothing has found his way onto this board just trying to stir an arguement. If you dont know or understand why we are the greatest. We shouldnt waste our time further with you. to bad there are many great canadians. you aint one of them.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:53 AM

751 posts, read 1,179,228 times
I met a Canadian here in MN and I looked at his Manitoba Drivers License. It was the neatest looking DL I have ever seen. Not only the design was awesome but the Canadian DL's are like years ahead of ours. The USA is supposed to be the greatest country but it surely lags in technology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies