Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 09:00 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
My late husband who was also ex military always said the same thing,"that most cops are racist bigots who would just as soon kill a black as to look at them"! How fast would a black cop be lynched if he killed an UNARMED white male, but white cops kill UNARMED blacks all the time.
BTW we are white.
People killed by cops each year is 400ish (this includes people obviously caught gunning down family, bank robberies etc.)
Cops killed by people each year is 100ish
Blacks killed by blacks each years 5,000-6,000

Of those, 75% or so are gang related...which ish 4,000 or so.

So even if 10% of cop shootings are bad....that would be 40 a year while there are a 100x more due to gangs of similar pigmentation.

So, in short would you care to defend why you are so up in arms over the occasional bad cop shooting a black kid while meanwhile the black kids murder 40 times as many black kids?

Did you hear the recent interview with the Detroit Chief of Police referencing this incident?

Detroit police chief: Fight on Facebook led to 3-year-old girl's deadly shooting | News - Home

Nahhhhh don't worry about it. Push it under the rug.

P.S. THe violence is about poverty, not race....although historical oppression resulted in the poverty.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:01 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
My late husband who was also ex military always said the same thing,"that most cops are racist bigots who would just as soon kill a black as to look at them"! How fast would a black cop be lynched if he killed an UNARMED white male, but white cops kill UNARMED blacks all the time.
BTW we are white.
Uh; MOST of us "anglo white" people would think the white person who got offed by a cop of ANY skin color probably had it coming and NOT care. Most of the people who do catch a bullet have "dirty hands" and the few who were innocent, well they probably did something stupid to spook the cop. If an accident getting shot by a cop; that's a different situation tho and justice needs to be served.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:03 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Source?
CNN. No online source yet.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:07 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
BTW we are white.

I dunno, it just happened in Salt Lake City, I believe.
Nobody got lynched yet.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:07 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Did you hear the recent interview with the Detroit Chief of Police referencing this incident?

Detroit police chief: Fight on Facebook led to 3-year-old girl's deadly shooting | News - Home

Nahhhhh don't worry about it. Push it under the rug.

P.S. THe violence is about poverty, not race....although historical oppression resulted in the poverty.
Bad enough they shoot a person but these shooters just randomly start shooting everyone in a crowd.

What a total disregard for human life.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:13 PM

251 posts, read 641,332 times
They're gonna riot especially if he quits and isn't indicted. Totally off the hook. Cnn said he could still change his mind but I don't see it. Should be interesting tomorrow to see if anything really takes place.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:15 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Wilson is resigning from the force.
Quote:
Thanks. Although indicted or not, he really didn't have a choice. He's a target now and can no longer be safe living and working there.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:19 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
It's coming from a CNN Twitter that Wilson is in 'negotiations' to resign and it may be announced on Friday. Nothing will be announced until after the Grand Jury issues their statement of Indictment or No Bill.

The reality is that there is NO WAY that Wilson could remain a Police Officer in Ferguson or maybe even in the State of Missouri. I personally don't see how the Ferguson Police Department can continue to exist at all .... best for it to be turned over to the County.

Ferguson is a small community (extremely broken at this point) of 21,000 in the middle of other small communities (many of which use St Louis County Police) -- I think the Chief of Police in Ferguson will resign, Wilson and his girlfriend (also a Ferguson Police Officer) will certainly have to leave. None of the Ferguson Police can function in this chaotic community.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:41 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Wilson is resigning from the force.
He would have to, regardless of any culpability.
He needs to move, too.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:55 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
So threatening violence is supposed to influence the outcome? How primitive.

Blacks do that because they know it works on white libs. There is nothing they fear more than black people rioting and looting.

Remember in 2008....blacks vowed to burn down Denver if Obama didn't win the nomination. It's a common tactic.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies