Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should only people with college degrees be allowed to vote?
Yes, that would be good for the country 7 13.21%
No, dumb people are people, too 46 86.79%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 01:32 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Should only people with college degrees be allowed to vote?
I constantly hear people complaining that people that don't know anything about economy, democracy, etc. are voting and messing up the country.

What do you think of passing a law that says that only people with college degrees can vote
Would that make us a better country?
I can guarantee you that I, a working person without a college degree, is FAR more informed than most of the drones that are being churned out with degrees. I work, I pay my taxes, therefore I vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 01:34 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
op, your poll is asinine although I do believe if you don't pay taxes, no skin in the game, if you are on the dole, you shouldn't vote. It's like allowing a 2 year old who are the center of their own world vote.
This has long been my wish.

Taxation without representation - those of us that are taxed are under-represented. If you don't pay taxes, you get a vote just like me. So therefore, I get taxed without the corresponding representation.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:36 PM

9,352 posts, read 13,019,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I can guarantee you that I, a working person without a college degree, is FAR more informed than most of the drones that are being churned out with degrees. I work, I pay my taxes, therefore I vote.
Also, the people who bother to go out and vote (especially in non-presidential elections) usually have the wherewithal to make some semblance of an informed decision.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:41 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,816 times
Quote:
I constantly hear people complaining that people that don't know anything about economy, democracy, etc. are voting and messing up the country.

What do you think of passing a law that says that only people with college degrees can vote

some of the people with the most degrees
can not find their own butt with both hands!
what an arrogant proposal~~

Old 11-04-2014, 01:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
Quote:

The democrats will cheat, lie, steal, ANYTHING to try and keep their ideology alive, won't they? First you want to import illegals in to the country, and let them vote, then you want to encourage voter fraud by fighting any form of showing ID, now you want to only allow college educated people to vote. The left must be pretty desperate, eh? Sorry, I'm not buying it. I've met a lot of educated idiots. That expensive degree doesn't prove a thing......... All it proves is that you spent four+ years at a college, and that you're probably in debt.

PS
It was pretty obvious you weren't looking for a serious discussion when you listed one of the choices as "no, dumb people are people to"

Old 11-04-2014, 01:45 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, if you call being on welfare a rise .. that's funny.

Yes, I find it best to keep conservatives laughing.
It keeps them from acting like gorillas. Bouncing around some tasty, leafy bush on all fours, occasionally when intruded upon standing up and beating their chest. With great strength willing to cram something down your throat or up your backside should they perceive a threat to the only idea which is acceptable being the ones they have. The Great Silver Backs of what's good for me is good for you, but I want more of it and you need less. The King Kong of reason that treats the one little lady as the 1% of wealthy that will be defended at all cost. Job creation with increased defense spending until we crumble from the weight of intervention under our own bombs.
Don't get me started on liberals because they fair no better but the animal is different. No college degree is needed for voting when put upon by such animals to know where your real interest are.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:48 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,397,212 times
Anyone should be able to vote for candidates, but only people who are subject to a certain tax should vote on that rate.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:54 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Anyone should be able to vote for candidates, but only people who are subject to a certain tax should vote on that rate.
Ahhh.....so apparently your argument (and others) is that the politicians aren't representing the wealthy well enough. got it.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:56 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
No, only those who haven't been brainwashed in liberal bastions of so called higher learning should be able to vote.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:58 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Maybe I am dumb.......I did not go to college.

But, I have noticed many politicians go out of their way to talk to me.

Could it be money?????

No......I am to dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies