Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 01:03 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,914,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Jesus Christ. You are waaaaaaaaaaaay too invested in the idea that there is some huge difference between the parties. The Democrats and Republicans are no different, and they don't give a damn about you or me. Obama was essentially a third Bush in the White House. Hell, Nixon was probably more liberal than Obama. HW Bush could pass as a centrist Democrat today. Both parties are corporatists. One likes to pretend they care about the poor, one likes to pretend they care about families and the middle class, but when it comes down to it they care about keeping the people who pay them happy. And the CIA and military industrial complex of course.
What I hate most about politics is that people treated it like it's a damn football game.

Get over yourselves...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 01:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

Never underestimate the culture of ignorance in this country.

Well, someone got an education handed to them, last night.
Hard to debate the truth, when I told you so, becomes the topic of the day.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:05 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The testament in and of itself of what happened with the governorships, is a testament that Americans want no more Democrat Platform. And the BS that they feed their prey.

They are tired of the no Shame of blame games taking place constantly. Scare tactics they feel they must use on women, older aging population. younger generations. Guess what, all the money in the world, the Clintons, Obama's saying his policies were on the ballot. Their rude remarks on how Democrats should vote. People got tired of the Bull. Tired of the games, tired of the blame. And the people have spoken Period. No excuses made. People are smarter then Obama gave them credit.

They no longer want to hear Obama's thousands excuses.

Last night was a game changer, I hope the two party's play this game as one.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:08 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,914,174 times
Quote:
Good luck with that one...

Old 11-05-2014, 02:58 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:
Butt Head said earlier if a bill comes across his desk he doesn't like he'll veto it.

I think he wants to be impeached quite personally.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:11 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Butt Head said earlier if a bill comes across his desk he doesn't like he'll veto it.

I think he wants to be impeached quite personally.
OMG impeach him....because he might veto a bill as allowed for by the constitution. How can you not read what you posted and not think "ohh thats kinda wrong huh?"

Old 11-05-2014, 03:13 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
The problem in my opinion is Democrats are too apologetic. They overestimate the intelligence of the American people. They continue to apologize for improving the lives of Americans.

Style is more important than substance. Republican candidates have a brand; they promote an image. Freedom loving, bible thumping, gun slinging, pure-bred Americans. That appeals to many people in this country. Appeal is more important than policy.

The reality (that no one will admit) is, none of the Republican candidates in the C-Span debates I watched these few weeks had any concrete agenda. They simply blamed Democrats for everything. Even Governor Brownback, pressured by disastrous tax cuts placed on the backs of Middle Class Kansas, prevailed by pointing the finger at Obama / Obamacare, and touting "patience... it will work."

It is really pathetic that our country is reduced to accusing the other guy as sucking as a policy platform. Not a single Republican laid out an agenda. They asked for trust.. and they got it.

Never underestimate the culture of ignorance in this country.

"Improving" the lives of Americans?

1. incomes 25% lower under Obama
2. 50 million on foodstamps
3. record numbers of unemployed citizens
4. record number of citizens living in poverty
5. higher taxes

Gee........................................... if this is "improving" the lives of Americans, I wonder what worsening would look like!

The reason that the democrats lost is that THEY HAVE MADE THE LIVES OF MOST AMERICANS WORSE. If Americans had higher incomes, less poverty, and higher employment, the dems would have swept the election.

No one buys this liberal BS anymore, as six years of abject failure have revealed the failure of liberalism.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:47 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Good luck with that one...

I know right! but I could at least hope for nothing that is. Obama is the type that has to be in charge and things have got to be his way, he has demonstrated this time and time again.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:08 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,400 times
Quote:
LOL, Obama and the Democrats haven't passed anything. That's what is hilarious and pathetic. Americans are too angry about absolutely nothing to realize "Obama's agenda" never even made it through Congress.

Here we go again... advocating trampling on rights to satisfy a personal agenda. Even takers have rights.
Number one, have you been living in a cave? Obamacare was Obama agenda and he did get it passed, so to say that nothing has made it through congress is ignorant at best.

I never advocated anything. I simply stated that it was and is a shame that voters, such as yourself are even allowed to vote. I put you in the low info voter part because you had no idea that bills did make it through congress during Obama's reign.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:10 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
OMG impeach him....because he might veto a bill as allowed for by the constitution. How can you not read what you posted and not think "ohh thats kinda wrong huh?"
That is not what was posted at all. Apparently you need to take a remedial reading course for comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies