Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 05:38 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The lefts behavior today has been most atrocious and it is embarrassing to watch.
You weren't around when Obama beat Romney on here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 05:39 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
I've got some oceanfront land for sale here in Colorado.

No I have something better. We have a large plot of land in NJ called the Meadowlands. Beautiful prime Real Estate.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:42 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,072,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The problem in my opinion is Democrats are too apologetic. They overestimate the intelligence of the American people. They continue to apologize for improving the lives of Americans.

Style is more important than substance. Republican candidates have a brand; they promote an image. Freedom loving, bible thumping, gun slinging, pure-bred Americans. That appeals to many people in this country. Appeal is more important than policy.

The reality (that no one will admit) is, none of the Republican candidates in the C-Span debates I watched these few weeks had any concrete agenda. They simply blamed Democrats for everything. Even Governor Brownback, pressured by disastrous tax cuts placed on the backs of Middle Class Kansas, prevailed by pointing the finger at Obama / Obamacare, and touting "patience... it will work."

It is really pathetic that our country is reduced to accusing the other guy as sucking as a policy platform. Not a single Republican laid out an agenda. They asked for trust.. and they got it.

Never underestimate the culture of ignorance in this country.
All of the above is world class irony. You don't like it when your tactics are used against you.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:49 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,756 times
Quote:
Try tech, banks, transportation, biotech, blue chips. Solar has paid well also.
^Financials were the big one for me.

I'm really struggling to figure out exactly why Obama is so unpopular. He's less popular than Bush? Really? Two expensive wars that achieved nothing except creating more terrorists is no big deal, but ACA is the worst thing to ever happen to America?

The only possible conclusion I can come to is that right-wing propaganda doesn't make the mistake of overestimating the intelligence of your average American.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:56 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
I've got some oceanfront land for sale here in Colorado.
You don't think that a party can change it's philosophy? Because the Democrats were big supporters of slavery before the civil war, and the Republicans were against it.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:02 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You weren't around when Obama beat Romney on here?

Yes, I was.
Obama says "I hear you" but you weren't listening.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:27 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So vetoing Republican bills is now grounds for impeachment? Okaaaaay. Someone was whining about "low information voters" earlier in this thread. I give you Exhibit A.

Quite personally, I hope the GOP does go for impeachment. Start the process on January 3rd. Make it your first agenda item. We're all tired of hearing about it ad nauseam. Do it already.
He never once said the idiot in the WH should be impeached for vetoing anything. Please do us all a favor and take a remedial reading comprehension course.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You don't think that a party can change it's philosophy? Because the Democrats were big supporters of slavery before the civil war, and the Republicans were against it.
Absolutely. However to clarify, conservatives were for slavery while liberals were against it when speaking in generalities like you are.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
^Financials were the big one for me.

I'm really struggling to figure out exactly why Obama is so unpopular. He's less popular than Bush? Really? Two expensive wars that achieved nothing except creating more terrorists is no big deal, but ACA is the worst thing to ever happen to America?

The only possible conclusion I can come to is that right-wing propaganda doesn't make the mistake of overestimating the intelligence of your average American.
The right wing media is more ruthless and just knows how to drum up their base. It doesn't hurt that the right wing sold it's soul to Christian Fundamentalists. Man those Fundamentalists are great at campaigning and showing up to vote.....

Old 11-05-2014, 07:01 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,957,323 times
When democrats stop blaming everything and everyone else for all the ills then maybe they'll not get tromped on next time.

It probably never occurred to democrats that people got tired of the finger pointing of Obama, Reid and Pelosi and Co.

Wasn't it some democrat that started the thread about democrats being more intelligent? With such low voter turnout, why didn't the supposedly intellectually superior democrats get out and vote?

Oh wait, they were too busy blaming the American people for getting trounced in the election.

Yeah, that oughta do it, call the American people stupid, that should really win them over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies