Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 10:14 AM

376 posts, read 489,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
It's clear most white people posting online about this have zero black friends and don't interact with African Americans on a daily basis
That's probably more true of liberal whites, particularly the limousine liberal set.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:14 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
So a police officer pulls up and you call him the F word. I can't fathom that but it's consistent with everything MB did that day.

Why his parents don't call him what he actually was? They want MONEY.
The parents need to be held accountable for what went wrong in their son for him to bring about his own death in this way (after they grieve). Why was he unhappy and full of rage?

Forget about all the hype about black and white, what went wrong in the home Mr. and Mrs. Brown?

Old 11-25-2014, 10:15 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I still wonder about suicide by cop......I know you all disagree with me on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Actually, I'm thinking Both failed to act sensibly, based on the testimony of Officer Wilson.

But they just released all the docs from the trial, and the tox report has to be in there, somewhere.
Could you find it for me pretty please

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...case.html?_r=0
Like I said earlier..Wilson made a tactical error that was stupid,but still fully within the SOP of his dept I am sure..city Police have the benefit of keying their mic and a flood of help shows up..Wilson should have keyed that mic once he had an ID on Wilson,BUT he didn't have to by law.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:16 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The parents need to be held accountable for what went wrong in their son for him to bring about his own death in this way (after they grieve). Why was he unhappy and full of rage?

Forget about all the hype about black and white, what went wrong in the home Mr. and Mrs. Brown?
Word.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:17 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
a truly pathetic editorial from the WaPo

Ferguson isn’t about black rage against cops. It’s white rage against progress

Quote:
When we look back on what happened in Ferguson, Mo., during the summer of 2014, it will be easy to think of it as yet one more episode of black rage ignited by yet another police killing of an unarmed African American male. But that has it precisely backward. What we’ve actually seen is the latest outbreak of white rage. Sure, it is cloaked in the niceties of law and order, but it is rage nonetheless.
naturally, the author is an assoc prof of 'african american studies'

Last edited by uggabugga; 11-25-2014 at 10:27 AM..

Old 11-25-2014, 10:17 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Cops need better training at making arrests.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:18 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,013,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
Has there ever been a case of a white police officer and a non-white unarmed victim where the officer was in fact prosecuted and the victim got the blessing of Justice served after giving up one's right to life? It is kind of upsetting.

Not that I can speak to this case, but empirically the number of cases where the officer got off scot free shows a biased Justice system against minorities. This awareness does not give a lot of trust towards certain groups of people to entrust in our justice system as impartial
Here are some relevant statistics for you:

The Color of Crime
Race, Crime, and Justice in America — Second, Expanded Edition, 2005

Major Findings:
Police and the justice system are not biased against minorities.

Crime Rates:
  • Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
  • When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
  • Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
  • The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime
  • Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
  • Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
  • Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
  • Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

The justice system is not biased against minorities. Minorities encounter the justice system in higher proportion because they commit crimes in higher proportion. It's quite simple really.

This whole episode is not a race issue. It's character issue. Some individuals have character, some do not. The people we saw on the streets last night lack character.

Dave

Old 11-25-2014, 10:18 AM

251 posts, read 641,495 times
I think we see more violence tonight

Old 11-25-2014, 10:19 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont have to guess what you would have said, i can just search your profile and find your post from 09-10-2014, 11:39 AM and post it here.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post36439485

you didnt care what the witnesses had to say when they disagreed with your view point.
I stand by what I wrote:

"A trial, a conviction, is ok by me. I've said that based on Public statements, a gj could indict. The difference is, I prefer small things like witnesses under oath, testimony that isn't on tv, crime lab results, you know, stuff that goes into an investigation before equating justice to a trial."

True, I get a little sarcastic with the phonies who claim they only want a full and fair investigation, justice, when in fact nothing short of a conviction will satisfy.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:19 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
"He reached for his waistband; I thought he was going to rape me."
Wilson had good reason to believe Brown had a dick; not so much that he had a gun.

Maybe Wilson conFUSED the two.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 11-25-2014 at 10:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies