Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 07:41 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,850,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
[/b]

I'm neither Al Gore nor any other Democrat, so your tu quoque is not only fallacious, it's inaccurate. And irrelevant, as Al Gore is not in any position to formulate laws or policies. James Inhofe, on the other hand, is. Do you feel he's a good choice for his role? If so, why?

Ahhhh but Al Gore is 'the architect' of the Global Warming BS now isn't he????

Old 11-20-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Yeah, the left is known for its love of oil companies and corporations. This might be the most blatant "left = anything I don't like" statement I've seen in hours, which is a lot on this forum.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Al Gore is a wealthy man with a larger than average house. Or do climate denialists believe we should all live in egalitarian spartan apartments, now?

Hmmm but his massive mansion in TN wasn't big enough to suit him so he goes even bigger!

Stunning Pictures of Al Gore's New $9 Million Mansion Media Totally Ignored

You think it might be because the Gore-loving press wouldn't want people to consider the possibility that all of his global warming hysteria was really about lining his wallet and not saving the planet?
Formulate a response to that question as you look at what all that money the former Vice President is making off of spreading this myth can buy
- See more at: Stunning Pictures of Al Gore's New $9 Million Mansion Media Totally Ignored

Old 11-20-2014, 07:51 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Of course its a hoax. There is plenty of evidence for it being a hoax. I include a link to site showing that the Arctic ice sheet is now larger than its been in several years. This is in direct opposition to several AGW advocates that warned that the Arctic ice sheet would soon disappear in the summer.

Arctic ice extent now highest for this date in 10 years

But people, just think of your own experience. From the weather I've experienced in the last 20 years or so, its plainly obvious that the winters have gradually gotten cooler, as well as the summers. The same is true in Wis. They had some very mild winters 20-10 years ago. But now their weather has returned to the harsh winters that they used to have when I was a kid growing up there.

Think about the number of hurricanes we've had lately in the USA. We have had very few the last few years. That's an indication of a cooler climate, cooler ocean water temps. So I beg you, turn off the TV. You're being lied to all day long from that stupid box.

The decline of feeding areas for Polar Bears is true.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:04 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times
I hate people who don't understand how science works.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:06 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
In your world, perhaps. I don't share your bold-fonted obsession.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:30 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Ahhh, The deniers favorite thing...If they have no evidence (they never do) then bash Al Gore....Again and again then bash him some more. You people are so predictable it's hilarious.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:40 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Who should we believe in matters of global warming, A. or B. ??

A.) NASA, the EPA, the UN, and America's most respected science oriented magazines.
B.) Fox news, Rush radio, and the Wall Street backed Forbes magazine..

The EPA and the UN have a huge financial incentive to champion the AGW haox. Their power and budget growth depend on it. Rush Radio, Fox news and Forbes have no financial incentive - they get paid either way.

So I will go with any source other than those getting paid to champion the AGW hoax.

97% of all scientists agree with me.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:42 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Even ExxonMobiles official website says man made global warming is real.
Addressing the Risks of Climate Change: ExxonMobil's Views and Actions
But we've been told over and over again that we cannot trust those evil oil companies. When did you change your story?

Old 11-20-2014, 08:46 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
What's truly sad is it is always Canadians that add scientific analysis and intellect to these threads.
In America the dumbing down rolls on

Old 11-20-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ahhh, The deniers favorite thing...If they have no evidence (they never do) then bash Al Gore....Again and again then bash him some more. You people are so predictable it's hilarious.

Hello POT!

An Inconvenient Truth

Since the film's release, An Inconvenient Truth has been credited for raising international public awareness of climate change and reenergizing the environmental movement. The documentary has also been included in science curricula in schools around the world, which has spurred some controversy.

As Vice President during the Clinton Administration, Gore pushed for the implementation of a carbon tax to encourage energy efficiency and diversify the choices of fuel better reflecting the true environmental costs of energy use; it was partially implemented in 1993.[18] He helped broker the 1997 Kyoto Protocol, an international treaty designed to curb greenhouse gas emissions.[19][20] The treaty was not ratified in the United States after a 95 to 0 vote in the Senate. The primary objections stemmed from the exemptions the treaty gave to China and India, whose industrial base and carbon footprint have grown rapidly, and fears that the exemptions would lead to further trade imbalances and offshoring arrangement with those countries.[21][22]

Gore also supported the funding of the controversial, and much-delayed satellite called Triana, which would have provided an image of the Earth 24 hours a day, over the internet and would have acted as a barometer measuring the process of global warming.[23] During his 2000 presidential campaign, Gore ran, in part, on a pledge to ratify the Kyoto Protocol.

An Inconvenient Truth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies