Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 09:18 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You know there is a Theory of Gravity correct?
Realists view it as gravitivity.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:19 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,852,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You have just confirmed what I said by bashing Gore even more...Yup it's all Gore's fault....He is the entity holding the giant blow torch that is toasting the earth....Yup, that must be it.

NAW,as I said Gore was just the architect,it's people like you who keep stirring the BS POT!

But most people no longer believe it,"the voice has changed but the breath still smells the same"!
Attached Images

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 11-20-2014 at 09:28 AM..

Old 11-20-2014, 09:21 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
You're free to have whatever paranoid opinions you want to have, but what you just said has absolutely no connection to my post.
They may go deeper.

The connections may go directly to you.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:25 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
You mean cause he was proven to be a lying ass hypocrite,who made a fortune off Gruber's people,LOL?
Speaking of lying ass people....Gore got wealthy through sound investments and business decisions....He earned about $70 to $100 million from the sale of the cable TV network he helped launched. After the Current TV sale closed, he also exercised 59,000 share options he held in Apple Inc., where he serves on the company's board. The sale netted him another $30 million. He has also been a long-term advisor to Google, but the company has not disclosed how Gore is compensated for this support.

One area where Gore has not profited is from his climate activism. His books and the movie "An Inconvenient Truth" all fund his nonprofit, the Climate Reality Project.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:35 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
You have also ridiculed people for claiming global warming was a farce because the USA was experiencing cold. You claimed it's global warming, not isolated, regional weather patterns and events in the USA. You just keep making claims, then reversing yourself, and claiming the exact opposite.

BTW, the data from NOOA shows a trending decline in temps in the USA. Oh sure, you can point to warm weather events, and try and pretend that they change the trend, but they don't.

=uscrn&parameter=anom-tmax&time_scale=p12&begyear=2005&endyear=2014&mont h=12]National Temperature Index - National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

Old 11-20-2014, 09:37 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You have also ridiculed people for claiming global warming was a farce because the USA was experiencing cold. You claimed it's global warming, not isolated, regional weather patterns and events in the USA. You just keep making claims, then reversing yourself, and claiming the exact opposite.

BTW, the data from NOOA shows a trending decline in temps in the USA. Oh sure, you can point to warm weather events, and try and pretend that they change the trend, but they don't.

=uscrn&parameter=anom-tmax&time_scale=p12&begyear=2005&endyear=2014&mont h=12]National Temperature Index - National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)
I have done no such thing. Please point out the post where I have pointed out that cold weather could not be caused by climate change. Your graph is from 2005 to 2014. A short period of time. Mine shows a much longer trend, as you should when talking about climate change

Old 11-20-2014, 09:38 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You know there is a Theory of Gravity correct?
Yes, the theory is that when you drop and apple from a tree, gravity pulls it to the ground. The problem with your man-made global warming theory, is that for this entire century your CAGW apples are not falling to the ground, they have all "paused" in mid air.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:42 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You guys just predict anything and everything, like throwing spaghetti at a wall, and pointing to anything that sticks.
The thing is, pretty much all the evidence I throw does stick.

Quote:
I predict right here and now, due to fluctuating wind and ocean currents, that there will be a weather event. Ta-da! See i told you so.
That is what climate is...The aggregate of weather events over time.

Quote:
Like I said, your CAGW scam has been reduced to pointing at individual weather events as anecdotal evidence of proof. How sad, when you have been telling us for years that it's the climate, not weather, suddenly it's the weather, not climate.
I find it sad that so many people in your country do not understand the difference between weather events and climate. Weather is always the product of climate.....Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Come back when you can be consistent and rational.[/quote]Arguing with climate deniers is like arguing with creationists about evolution.....The creations says "I believe in micro evolution (weather), but not in macro evolution" (climate)

Old 11-20-2014, 09:42 AM

358 posts, read 887,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
When I was in high school in the 70's, my science teachers at the time were warning us of another ice age by the time we got into this current century.

Hey! Maybe global warming is pushing back the impending ice age! Just think how much colder it could be!
When I was in school during that time, they taught us another ice age was coming because pollution was blocking out the sun and causing global cooling, I attended school in Europe, Asia, and the middle east during that time so maybe things were taught differently in the United States.

Did we stop polluting and thereby cause global warming that is now creating the current unusually cold temperatures?

If there truly is an impact on the climate from pollution, the solution to the problem is not going to be found in the United states. Perhaps you need to send Al Gore to China and Barack Obama to Russia. I m certain their ideals would be well received there and that is where the only significant difference can be made.

Volcanoes pollute the atmosphere and impact the environment more than man does. Can you please send Mr. Gore and Mr. Obama into the active volcanoes and get them to stop?

Old 11-20-2014, 09:45 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Speaking of lying ass people....Gore got wealthy through sound investments and business decisions....He earned about $70 to $100 million from the sale of the cable TV network he helped launched. After the Current TV sale closed, he also exercised 59,000 share options he held in Apple Inc., where he serves on the company's board. The sale netted him another $30 million. He has also been a long-term advisor to Google, but the company has not disclosed how Gore is compensated for this support.

One area where Gore has not profited is from his climate activism. His books and the movie "An Inconvenient Truth" all fund his nonprofit, the Climate Reality Project.

Gore has made hundreds of millions from environmental fear mongering.

Quote:
Gore and Blood, the former chief of Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), co-founded London-based GIM in 2004. Between 2008 and 2011 the company had raised profits of nearly $218 million from institutions and wealthy investors. By 2008 Gore was able to put $35 million into hedge funds and private partnerships through the Capricorn Investment Group, a Palo Alto company founded by his Canadian billionaire buddy Jeffrey Skoll, the first president of EBay Inc. It was Skoll’s Participant Media that produced Gore’s feverishly frightening 2006 horror film, “An Inconvenient Truth”.
Also:
Quote:
Optimistic that a Democrat-controlled Congress would pass cap-and-trade legislation Gore lobbied for, GIM and David Blood’s old GSAM firm took big stakes in the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX) for carbon trading. Accordingly, CCX was poised to make windfall profits selling CO[SIZE=2]2[/SIZE] offsets if and when cap-and-trade was passed. Speaking before a 2007 Joint House Hearing of the Energy Science Committee, Gore told members: “As soon as carbon has a price, you’re going to see a wave [of investment] in it…There will be unchained investment.”
Blood And Gore: Making A Killing On Anti-Carbon Investment Hype - Forbes

He considers himself an authority, and he won a Nobel Prize for An Inconvenient Truth.

He also a massive hypocrite, raking in hundreds of millions of dollars while racking up a $30,000 per year electric bill at just one of his houses. He can't even be bothered to turn off his lights for Earth Hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies