Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 04:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So you have plenty of time to look for another possibly better plan... Are you doing that or will you be like someone who cries & blames ACA & refuses to look for another plan even though you have ample time & resources to do so?
If you like your healthcare plan you can keep your healthcare plan, period
-- Barack Obama

I'm not so easy to give a pass to people who lie to me as you are. Maybe that's why I don't need to steal from others like you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 04:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Do you know what the term "grandfathered" means? Based on this post is doesn't sound like you do.
Insurance policies renew yearly, there isnt any grandfathering into them.

For gods sakes how dam stupid is the average Democratic voter?

When an insurance policy comes up for renewal, its a NEW contract, thus a grandfathering wouldnt apply.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:47 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If you like your healthcare plan you can keep your healthcare plan, period
-- Barack Obama

I'm not so easy to give a pass to people who lie to me as you are. Maybe that's why I don't need to steal from others like you do.
In other words, you haven't bothered to look for a substitute plan. Whose fault is that exactly? Yours.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
So you have plenty of time to look for another possibly better plan... Are you doing that or will you be like someone who cries & blames ACA & refuses to look for another plan even though you have ample time & resources to do so?
Didnt your friends have plenty of time to look for other plans? Why do you excuse your friends pre ACA while bashing others post ACA?

I know the answer, no need to respond.. You cant attack Democratic policies destined for failure, Democrats will cry till the sun doesnt shine anymore.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:48 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Insurance policies renew yearly, there isnt any grandfathering into them.

For gods sakes how dam stupid is the average Democratic voter?

When an insurance policy comes up for renewal, its a NEW contract, thus a grandfathering wouldnt apply.
Actually my policy was grandfathered. If this is the case, they renewed my policy and the policy terms were grandfathered which allowed me to keep my plan until December 31, 2014 at which point it is terminated due to ACA.

They want to force me over to Obamacare plans then Obama will spin it and claim that people are all breaking down the doors to buy Obamacare.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
In other words, you haven't bothered to look for a substitute plan. Whose fault is that exactly? Yours.
Why didnt your friends have policies pre ACA? Who's fault would that be exactly? YOUR FRIENDS!!!

it works both ways

Old 11-20-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Actually my policy was grandfathered. If this is the case, they renewed my policy and the policy terms were grandfathered which allowed me to keep my plan until December 31, 2014 at which point it is terminated due to ACA.

They want to force me over to Obamacare plans then spin it and claim that people are all breaking down the doors to buy Obamacare.
That was just a temporary grandfathering, meant to reduce the harm that it was being done. Technically if they changed the price on you, it wasnt a grandfathered policy, it was a new policy that the government simply turned their head on because it wasnt in compliance..

had they not grandfathered in some policy, even millions more would have lost insurance..

Old 11-20-2014, 04:53 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Why didnt your friends have policies pre ACA? Who's fault would that be exactly? YOUR FRIENDS!!!

it works both ways
So why aren't you out looking for another plan instead of whining about it on the internet? My friends did the work & research to get their plans, they didn't come on here to cry & blame Obama for their insurance problems. Maybe take a cue & get your insurance in line, people get bored hearing lazy folks whine about not having insurance.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:53 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
You are the one not posting any substance..

yes, anything that indicates people have been harmed, isnt "valid" in your mind.

I did not.. Obama himself said there was 30 million uninsured americans, are you telling me Obama lied again?
You know Obama used different numbers as the debate went on. CBO uses its numbers, the Census Bureau has numbers. It looks like you take different numbers from different sources, subtract illegals when it satisfies you, and come up with figures that are uniquely yours.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
So why aren't you out looking for another plan instead of whining about it on the internet? My friends did the work & research to get their plans, they didn't come on here to cry & blame Obama for their insurance problems. Maybe take a cue & get your insurance in line, people get bored hearing lazy folks whine about not having insurance.
i'm not complaining about not having insurance.

I note you didnt answer the question though, why didnt your lazy friends have insurance pre ACA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You know Obama used different numbers as the debate went on. CBO uses its numbers, the Census Bureau has numbers. It looks like you take different numbers from different sources, subtract illegals when it satisfies you, and come up with figures that are uniquely yours.
Yes I'm very well aware of it, it started with 50 million uninsured and thats when they realized that Obama was counting the illegals which was 14 million.. Obama then started under counting the americans in order to avoid criticism, and he started quoting 30 million.

That count at the time was 36 million uninsured americans after subtracting 14 million from the 50 million orginally used.

Last year finished with 41 million uninsured, a climb of 5 million uninsured from ACA being signed into law, but lower than the previous year which was 48 million, because an estimated 12 million lost policies due to ACA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies