Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 08:48 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times

Advertisements

Hope he EO's the existing Tax bill so I don't have to pay this year.

Same difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 09:02 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,497,250 times
President Obama has the authority to grant reprieves and pardons under Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution; and Congress cannot limit the President's grant of amnesty or pardon. United States v. Klein, 80 U.S. 128 (1871).

Old 11-21-2014, 09:10 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The President can't enforce or not enforce anything. That's not his job.
Quote:
The power of the Executive Branch is vested in the President of the United States, who also acts as head of state and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces. The President is responsible for implementing and enforcing the laws written by Congress and, to that end, appoints the heads of the federal agencies, including the Cabinet. The Vice President is also part of the Executive Branch, ready to assume the Presidency should the need arise.

The Cabinet and independent federal agencies are responsible for the day-to-day enforcement and administration of federal laws. These departments and agencies have missions and responsibilities as widely divergent as those of the Department of Defense and the Environmental Protection Agency, the Social Security Administration and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The Executive Branch | The White House

More evidence of a failed educational system. Or a dropout.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:23 AM

260 posts, read 299,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
No laws were violated.
False, There were felony convictions

https://www.brown.edu/Research/Under...laftermath.php

Old 11-21-2014, 09:25 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
President Obama has the authority to grant reprieves and pardons under Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution; and Congress cannot limit the President's grant of amnesty or pardon. United States v. Klein, 80 U.S. 128 (1871).
Seriously, you've been shown that is not applicable time and time again on the multiple threads you post this on. Give it up already.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:35 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
So today 11-21-14, the occupier of the white house will sign an executive order allowing 25 million illegal aliens to stay in America (amnesty).

Will the new congress impeach Obama on this treason act or will they vote to reverse the law?

Boner and CONnel...please.

Here is what can be done : Michael Savage: Here’s how to stop Obama amnesty
The executive order only affects about 5 million people.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:35 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
The current occupier of the White House has said he would proceed with Amnesty "immigration reform" though Executive Order.
Republicans have gave a warning signal (like an Indian smoke signal) saying No, don't do it!

Could this be a treasonous act by the president and warrant impeachment?
Afterall, isn't it in the Constitution:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. The Constitution, Article I, Section 3
Well, Obama said as much:

"I know some people want me to bypass Congress and change the laws on my own, that's not how our democracy functions. That's not how our Constitution is written.

The problem is that I'm the president of the United States, I'm not the emperor of the United States. My job is to execute laws that are passed."

Obama's Already Made the Legal Case Against Executive Amnesty - YouTube

Old 11-21-2014, 09:36 AM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy8876 View Post
If a president refused to honor certain laws on the books in order to bypass our system of checks and balances is that worthy of being impeached?

For example if Bush would have denied the right to vote to all non federal income taxpayers should he be impeached?

Or if the next president were to openly state he would pardon anyone convicted of killing the last president, is that impeachable?

I wonder if we, as citizens, need to obey the laws anymore? There are a few I would really like to violate. Is it acceptable now?

Old 11-21-2014, 09:36 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The executive order only affects about 5 million people.
Only 1.5% of the US population, enough to populate one of the largest cities in the US.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:37 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Amnesty are pardons are the not the same. Wherever you read this is incorrect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies