Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 09:38 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Only 1.5% of the US population, enough to populate one of the largest cities in the US.
I was pointing out the fallacy in the post I quoted. Was that point lost on you?

Anyway, I'm thinking more and more that Congress really should try to impeach Obama. The collective orgasm amongst the regressive radical right would probably be so huge that it would cause them all to have massive heart attacks and die all at once. Then we could be done with their nonsense for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 09:42 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Anyway, I'm thinking more and more that Congress really should try to impeach Obama. The collective orgasm amongst the regressive radical right would probably be so huge that it would cause them all to have massive heart attacks and die all at once. Then we could be done with their nonsense for good.
why? don't need to.

Congress (and republican party) need to make the case that this action was a major power grab by the Executive and continue highlighting the hypocrisy of the Obama administration here and in other contexts.

Threats of impeachment should be held in check. It will never happen.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:43 AM

654 posts, read 1,251,016 times
How does the current president come up with the number 5 million illegal aliens ?

I would imagine the box for amnesty is a simple checkmark..

* under 5 years
√ over 5 years

BAM, amnesty granted...more like 20 million with no proof....

Old 11-21-2014, 09:46 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Amnesty are pardons are the not the same. Wherever you read this is incorrect.
It's called progressive pretzel logic time.... and it's put into place every time Obama is caught in a scandal, engaging in unconstitutional act, or he says something ignorant, and it's been a continuous and tiring six years for these partisan, Democrat contortionists.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:52 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I was pointing out the fallacy in the post I quoted. Was that point lost on you?
...and I was not being argumentative, I was only pointing out that five million is not a paltry number of people, did that escape you?

Old 11-21-2014, 09:53 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's called progressive pretzel logic time.... and it's put into place every time Obama is caught in a scandal, engaging in unconstitutional act, or he says something ignorant, and it's been a continuous and tiring six years for these partisan, Democrat contortionists.
Exactly. What's funny is to watch them twist with each of his "evolutions" that criss cross the Constitution.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:52 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Exactly. What's funny is to watch them twist with each of his "evolutions" that criss cross the Constitution.
Well, we will soon find out how much he has criss/crossed the constitution. I'm sure there are legions of Republican lawyers and whole houses of legislators rushing to the courthouse to file the necessary lawsuits to correct the situation.

Wait a minute?..................nothing?..............jus t a bunch of legislators stomping their feet and tearfully bemoaning their fate at this miscarriage of justice, in hastily prepared press conferences? No lawsuits were waiting in the wings? Like you all didn't know this was coming?
Nothing but bluster??? Oh my.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:54 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, we will soon find out how much he has criss/crossed the constitution. I'm sure there are legions of Republican lawyers and whole houses of legislators rushing to the courthouse to file the necessary lawsuits to correct the situation.

Wait a minute?..................nothing?..............jus t a bunch of legislators stomping their feet and tearfully bemoaning their fate at this miscarriage of justice in hastily prepared press conferences? No lawsuits were waiting in the wings? Like you all didn't know this was coming?
Texas has already said they're filing suit. In other news but still on the same topic of Obama overreach, the House filed suit today because of Obama's changes to Obamacare without Congressional approval.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:00 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

Wait a minute?..................nothing?..............jus t a bunch of legislators stomping their feet and tearfully bemoaning their fate at this miscarriage of justice, in hastily prepared press conferences? No lawsuits were waiting in the wings? Like you all didn't know this was coming?
I never said they were effective either. People with their eyes open see that Washington is a mess right now. I do understand that there are governors planning to file a suit.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:03 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,510,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
The current occupier of the White House has said he would proceed with Amnesty "immigration reform" though Executive Order.
Republicans have gave a warning signal (like an Indian smoke signal) saying No, don't do it!

Could this be a treasonous act by the president and warrant impeachment?
Afterall, isn't it in the Constitution:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. The Constitution, Article I, Section 3
Seems pretty normal, when people aren't getting stuff done sometimes the boss has to come in and do the dirty work for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies