Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 10:35 AM

5,106 posts, read 2,335,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What's your take on White on White crime and murder? Statistically, it's significant too.

But we just don't discuss it.
Is it? Do you know any white people who have been murdered? I don't. But I knew a few black people who have been murdered.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:37 AM

779 posts, read 635,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
If Black people raised a fuss about the high levels of Black on Black murders then they would have to take personal responsibility for their own actions. It's much easier to blame White people for the much rarer occurrence of White on Black deaths.

You mean escalate the fuss that is already being made. That could work but exactly who would be listening and what would it change? Do you think am escalated esp point would change the minds of those that need changing? Do hard core killer types respond to that sort of thing?

Who is going around blaming a bunch of random white people for shoe on black deaths?

Old 11-27-2014, 10:37 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,427,276 times
not really about "black lives"

the blacks in those neighborhoods that keep murdering people probably wouldn't/don't discriminate

its just that if you live amongst blacks and you like to solve issues by killing someone, chances are the person killed will be black

probably should figure out how to instill the concept of life being precious into everyones mind then perhaps people wont think of other people as being disposable items

Old 11-27-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Spur View Post
Sharpton, Jackson, and the rest of them understand that Blacks that commit crimes on anyone know that those Blacks are investigated, charged, tried, and if convicted- incarcerated.

Maybe Sharpton, Jackson, and the rest of them are worried bout those that kill blacks who face no prosecution.
Not really. Detroit and New Orleans both have a solve rate of about 20% for murders.
Killers don't have to get away with murder

Old 11-27-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Is it? Do you know any white people who have been murdered? I don't. But I knew a few black people who have been murdered.
Why do you need to know people? The FBI keeps the numbers on a handy online site. The reason people get on black folks is these numbers. There is a focus on proportion, as if people would be ok with black murder if only the trayis were closer to white murder. Personally, I'd like to strive to reach the numbers of Asians but white people, who point fingers at black people, seem content with being high but not the highest.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:42 AM

7,279 posts, read 10,999,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Spur View Post
Whites kill whites. Do white lives not matter?
That isn't the topic. Go start another thread if you want, stop trying to hijack this one.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
Why do you need to know people? The FBI keeps the numbers on a handy online site. The reason people get on black folks is these numbers. There is a focus on proportion, as if people would be ok with black murder if only the trayis were closer to white murder. Personally, I'd like to strive to reach the numbers of Asians but white people, who point fingers at black people, seem content with being high but not the highest.
The murder rate among white Americans is quite low. I'm not sure what makes you think that it's high.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:45 AM

7,279 posts, read 10,999,899 times
Why do people insist on trying to change the thread to a completely different question?

If you really want to talk about White on White behavior, then by all means go start a thread of your own and talk about it.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:48 AM

74 posts, read 67,951 times
My own theory is that crimes are manifested in "your own" neighborhood first. It's your immediate neighbors where conflicts and arguments start. Who's in what gang, who shot or stabbed who last Saturday night etc..

Ever watch Boyz In The Hood? That explains it very very well in great detail.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
The murder rate among white Americans is quite low. I'm not sure what makes you think that it's high.
I didn't say rate. I said numbers period. If you're ok with thousands of people being killed each year then that's you. I'm not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies