Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 11:17 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,168,882 times

Advertisements

I'm proud of black people coming together to fight injustice. Don't let those who don't care about you, try to make you feel ashamed for standing up for a cause.

If they really cared about black on black violence the problem would've already been solved. How many decades has it been now?

Old 11-27-2014, 11:23 AM

5,106 posts, read 2,335,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
I didn't say rate. I said numbers period. If you're ok with thousands of people being killed each year then that's you. I'm not.
No one is. But there are over 300 million people in this country. Sometimes bad things happen.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:24 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,669,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
It would seem that given the frequency with which Blacks kill other Blacks, that they have far more hatred for each other than people of other races have for them.

If Blacks were being killed with as much frequency as they are killed by other Blacks the entire country would see riots in almost every city and neighborhood yet this is an unspoken topic.

Like the use of the "N" word, is it acceptable for Blacks to kill other Backs? If it not acceptable, then given the large number of Blacks being Killed by other Blacks, why aren't there riots and protests in the streets demanding that it stop?

Isn't a Black that murders another Black just as guilty as if anyone else did it?
Shouldn't we focus on solutions to fix these problems?

In the days of Al Capone and Bugsy Siegel white Americans faced lots of gang related murders, but we passed laws and did things to stop it.

In the days of Andrew Jackson white men would kill each other in duels over matters as small as horse bets, but we passed laws and did other things to stop it.

And 100 years ago if a black man hit a white man he would be lynched, but if a white man hit another white man he would be fined. And black Americans think this way about black on black murders.

Instead of emotional talk and racist like blame, shouldn't we talk about solutions to fix these problems?

Old 11-27-2014, 11:33 AM

7,545 posts, read 11,419,538 times
If Black lives matter, then why do they kill each other so often?

Some insight.

Quote:
I see a very strong association between some of these problems like gang behavior and violent crime and joblessness. For example, if you look at a recent longitudinal study conducted by my colleague at the University of Colorado -- we are doing a book together -- Delbert Elliot. He found, for example, that by the time white males and black males reached the late 20s, the violent crime ratio is 4 to 1 -- 4 black to 1 white. Much higher violent crime rate among black males. However, when he controlled for employment, there was no significant difference in the violent crime rate between white males and black males. No significant difference.

frontline: the two nations of black america: interview with william julius wilson

Study Says Providing Jobs Could Reduce Gang Killings

Old 11-27-2014, 11:37 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,954,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

In the days of Al Capone and Bugsy Siegel white Americans faced lots of gang related murders, but we passed laws and did things to stop it.
Ending the modern prohibition would help.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:

In the days of Andrew Jackson white men would kill each other in duels over matters as small as horse bets, but we passed laws and did other things to stop it.

And 100 years ago if a black man hit a white man he would be lynched, but if a white man hit another white man he would be fined. And black Americans think this way about black on black murders.

Instead of emotional talk and racist like blame, shouldn't we talk about solutions to fix these problems?
Great point. And I truly believe its because many don't care. Their only interest is to politicize it.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:52 AM

7,279 posts, read 10,999,899 times
Quote:

Um, perhaps you forgot the purpose of discussion? There is no blame here but a question based on facts.

This isn't about what happened 100 years ago, living in the past doesn't help not does constantly trying to blame everyone of today for what people did long ago.

There are already laws against murder.

If we did what you say were done to stop the likes of Al Capone and Bugsy Siegel, there would be far more riots then there are now.

Andrew Jackson? Is he still around?

Old 11-27-2014, 01:13 PM

7,279 posts, read 10,999,899 times
Before a problem can be solved, then facts and the willingness to acknowledge current events must take place

It is a fact that Black on Black murders are a real problem. If no one can answer the OP question, then there won't be any solutions, only those who want to change the topic, distract and create confusion, anything but deal with the reality.

As for me solving problems, what, you think the problem is going to be solved right here right now by me? Before you ask someone else what they are doing or trying to do, ask yourself the same question.

The OP question was pretty clear. Instead of trying to jump around it, how about an answer?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-27-2014 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 11-27-2014, 03:09 PM

779 posts, read 635,472 times
Quote:
It would seem that given the frequency with which Blacks kill other Blacks, that they have far more hatred for each other than people of other races have for them.

If Blacks were being killed with as much frequency as they are killed by other Blacks the entire country would see riots in almost every city and neighborhood yet this is an unspoken topic.

Like the use of the "N" word, is it acceptable for Blacks to kill other Backs? If it not acceptable, then given the large number of Blacks being Killed by other Blacks, why aren't there riots and protests in the streets demanding that it stop?

Isn't a Black that murders another Black just as guilty as if anyone else did it?
I'll take s shot at your question.

Given the frequency with which a small number of blacks seem to kill one another it seems that some blacks have no respect for human life and are quick to end an argument, altercation our problem through violence. Given the stats and write ups I've seen on the perps it tends to be angry young men with anger management issues, little respect for authority, a disregard for human life, and little grasp or care for the consequences of their actions. That doesn't seem like a large display of hate of black people by black people but an issue of dealing with these guys and figuring out how to get them to adopt the mindset of those around them who are not so casually violent.

There still seems to be some confusion about riots vs protests but there are actually protests about black on black violence all of the time and after pretty much every murder but there is no national coverage for each murder and no nationally united movement.This is the closest I've seen and I'm guessing it is in due part because of social media and our high level of connectivity to the same media and online information.

Not sure why you asked if it was acceptable. Other than gangsta rap, which most people know is fiction except to those who live that life and to those people Tony Montana is an idol so..., there is no huge outlet of black people which reflects an embracing or acceptance of violence.

Not sure why you would want rioting but as I said before protesting, vigils and other preventive and reactionary gatherings happen they just haven't been done in a united front of this magnitude.

Of course they're just as guilty. That seems like a silly question but the only people who I've seen blacks get mad at and see on a different level when it comes to killing are cops but it makes sense for us to hold trained professionals to a different standard than every day citizens.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Before a problem can be solved, then facts and the willingness to acknowledge current events must take place

It is a fact that Black on Black murders are a real problem. If no one can answer the OP question, then there won't be any solutions, only those who want to change the topic, distract and create confusion, anything but deal with the reality.

As for me solving problems, what, you think the problem is going to be solved right here right now by me? Before you ask someone else what they are doing or trying to do, ask yourself the same question.

The OP question was pretty clear. Instead of trying to jump around it, how about an answer?
Lol.

You must not know.

What have YOU done to solve the problem? What have YOU risked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies