Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 07:40 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Elizabeth Lauten was arrested for shoplifting when she was 17. The holier than thou GOP staffer showed no class and her parents must have been horrible role models. I'm glad this is coming back to bite her.

"Dear Sasha and Malia, ...dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar."

"Dear Elizabeth, ...dress like you deserve respect, not a spot behind bars."

GOP Staffer Who Attacked Obama Girls Was Arrested During Her Own "Awful Teen Years" | The Smoking Gun
...And in other news it has been revealed that Elizabeth graduated from East Carolina University in May 2007 with a B.A. in Classical Civilizations.

She was President and Founder of Audeamus Communications. Prior to opening Audeamus Communications, Elizabeth served as Purple Strategies’ Social and Earned Media Manager. There, she was responsible for planning and executing best-in-class digital monitoring and engagement strategies. Before joining Purple, Lauten served as Press Secretary for Congressman Joe Walsh (R-IL). There she led an award-winning press shop as the Congressman’s spokeswoman, managing all communications and social media.

...So, it seems to me she has done pretty well and I expect that the world will continue to hear her very worthwhile views on things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 07:42 PM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
LOL. You've got to love the irony of a grown woman berating two teens--for no reason, I might add--when she was actually a criminal herself when she was a teen. And now, after attempting to humiliate the Obama girls, she ends up humiliating herself instead.

God, I love karma.
Ya DO?!

What's gonna happen to Barry for using cocaine?

Old 12-01-2014, 07:45 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Shoplifting is not a felony in and of itself.

Mods should delete the thread due to this gross inaccuracy of the OP's accusation.
lol

If Mods deleted threads for being inaccurate, how would the right wingers get any threads going?

Old 12-01-2014, 07:47 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol

If Mods deleted threads for being inaccurate, how would the right wingers get any threads going?

This Dem love fest took off like a rocket & crashed like one too;
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ed-states.html

Old 12-01-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
This Dem love fest took off like a rocket & crashed like one too;
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ed-states.html
lmao!

Was that supposed to mean something?

I like how sometimes, right wingers take an avant-garde approach to responding to things. Kudos to you for keeping it interesting.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:52 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
I did not find it accurate to my point.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I did not find it accurate to my point.
You, I like.

Bravo.

The rest of you, take notes.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:58 PM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racks View Post
Jezus. For some mathguy you are highly deficient at deriving inference.

First of all, those that you mentioned:

a) Were not children (Clinton's and Carter's brothers were druggies/alcoholics, Reagan's daughter Patti in playboy).

and/or

b) If they were, the "tacky" comments were a result of their own actions and improprieties (Bush girls partying).

The only exception to the aforementioned is Chelsea Clinton, and similarly the comments were made about her physical appearance from republicans. However, this did not include her manner of dress relegating her to a "seat at the bar". If you know or care enough or acknowledge/understand, google Sarah Baartman and you will get a glimspe as to why I am speaking for ALL black people on this issue.

Children/teens didn't ask to be in politics and should be off limits. It's unfair to use them as political cheapshots. That goes for the Bush and Obama girls as well as Palin's kids.
Dragging anybody not involved in politics into politics for the purposes of partisan cheap shots is wrong. I don't care if Carters brother did this, or Reagans cousin did that or if they were 12 or 82.....it's wrong.

So please forgive me....I often struggle in overestimating some of the audiences mental capabilities.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:06 PM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't know how many times I have to post this, into perpetuity, I guess:
Obama says Palin's family off limits - CNN.com
"Sen. Barack Obama said firmly that families are off-limits in the campaign for president, reacting to news that GOP running mate Sarah Palin's 17-year-old daughter is pregnant.

"Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

If you can point to any politician or political staffer that said these kind of things about the Bush girls, Palin's kids, the Clinton's daughter (OK, that was John McCain), Clinton's brother, Carter's brother, Reagan's daughter (Reagan's daughter?), please do so. I seem to recall some stuff about one of Biden's kids and one of Kerry's too, but I think they came from the MSM, not from someone pol's "communications office".
Only a fool or extreme partisan can't remember the cheap shots over the years. Plus, you (intentionally) threw on a very specific stipulation at the end that I never mentioned just to cover ur butt and you know it.

Really. Be more dishonest next time. Because your side is always right. The other side is always wrong. They do bad, inappropriate things that your side never does.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-02-2014 at 03:43 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 12-01-2014, 08:07 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
"Shoplifting" and strong arming an owner in the process of stealing are a bit different that one another.
One is more than theft of property/stock.

Really, look it up.
"Strongarm" robbery means "unarmed" robbery. It has nothing to do with Brown shoving the owner. That's assault. A different charge. At least in my state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies