Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 08:53 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
In other words, you don't have anything. OK. Could have left it at that.
Nah sweety, you intentionally narrowed the scope down considerably on purpose by adding exclusions and conditions so why produce evidence of attacks on the Bush daughters or Palins kids when you'll just be like "well the attacks were by a staffer" or didn't happen on a tuesday or blah blah blah.

I'm already on the record defending Obama's kids, I'm just not a hypocrit that only the "other party" does bad things. Kinda helps me to be impartial having the same low opinion of both parties and not a blind loyalist with thier heads in the sand or elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 08:54 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Get back to us when this happens, otherwise you are just making things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox News
Though she wasn’t the first person to comment on the behavior and appearance of the president’s children during the event, Lauten was accused of crossing the line.
Source: GOP aide resigns after online digs at Obama daughters | Fox News

They didn't exactly make her to be a victim, but they certainly biased the news as "everyone does it, she was the only one that paid for it." (Wait, I guess they were making her a victim....)

Old 12-02-2014, 08:59 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Agreed, but it's only objectionable when adults go after the children of liberal democrat parents, it's still open season on Palin's kids. Anyone heard any good Palin girls rape jokes from Letterman lately?
First of all, letterman got BLASTED (as he should have) for that. Far worse than Lauten did. (as it should be).

Secondly, Palin was not a sitting president, she was a low-class ignoramus who went off flapping her jaws and passing judgement on others. Palin was the one who brought her children into the limelight (and made a huge issue of teen pregnancy, only to have Bristol enroll as the poster child for the problem), and then whined when people responded.

Like or dislike Obama, he didn't start this one, and they've been pretty decent about keeping their children out of controversy. Palin threw her kids in the middle of it, used them as pawns and then carried on about how unfair people are. It's pretty clear that Palin used her family as bait. Totally different.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:05 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
This was not about the Obama girls, this twit doesn't like the President and she simply went overboard with it.
Well of course and we are talking about her overboard ways...

Old 12-02-2014, 09:07 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
Perhaps she saw the light and was given a second chance at a better life. I thought you progs were all about second chances, betterment of lives and inclusion back into society.......

Old 12-02-2014, 09:10 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Agreed, but it's only objectionable when adults go after the children of liberal democrat parents, it's still open season on Palin's kids. Anyone heard any good Palin girls rape jokes from Letterman lately?
No, not lately. I think he learned his lesson about that. I'm no fan of his, for sure, but he did make what sounded like a sincere apology. And to point out the obvious-Letterman is not the "Communications Director" for a congressman! He's an entertainer. If I had all day to peruse the web, I'm sure I'd find some RW entertainers who made questionable comments about politician's kids, like Rush Limbaugh has. Heck, the whole Kennedy family got blasted constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Nah sweety, you intentionally narrowed the scope down considerably on purpose by adding exclusions and conditions so why produce evidence of attacks on the Bush daughters or Palins kids when you'll just be like "well the attacks were by a staffer" or didn't happen on a tuesday or blah blah blah.

I'm already on the record defending Obama's kids, I'm just not a hypocrit that only the "other party" does bad things. Kinda helps me to be impartial having the same low opinion of both parties and not a blind loyalist with thier heads in the sand or elsewhere.
It was a staffer, and not just any staffer but a "Director of Communications" who said that. She's part of the family of politicians. Sometimes, there IS a difference.

I am on record as defending Sarah Palin's parenting during her campaign. So there!

Old 12-02-2014, 09:28 AM

46,967 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Miss Lauten did. Thankfully, she has apologized and has learned from her faux pas.
Not much of an apology, if you ask me. If you call out people by name, have the ovaries to apologize by name. "I'd like to apologize to all of those who I have hurt" is as generic as it gets.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:37 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
...And in other news it has been revealed that Elizabeth graduated from East Carolina University in May 2007 with a B.A. in Classical Civilizations.

She was President and Founder of Audeamus Communications. Prior to opening Audeamus Communications, Elizabeth served as Purple Strategies’ Social and Earned Media Manager. There, she was responsible for planning and executing best-in-class digital monitoring and engagement strategies. Before joining Purple, Lauten served as Press Secretary for Congressman Joe Walsh (R-IL). There she led an award-winning press shop as the Congressman’s spokeswoman, managing all communications and social media.

...So, it seems to me she has done pretty well and I expect that the world will continue to hear her very worthwhile views on things.
When someone says being press secretary for a one term wingnut named Joe Walsh is an achievement then nothing else needs said.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:40 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
She got fired, let it go.

She should never had made the comments about the kids.
She resigned...

Old 12-02-2014, 09:47 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Source: GOP aide resigns after online digs at Obama daughters | Fox News

They didn't exactly make her to be a victim, but they certainly biased the news as "everyone does it, she was the only one that paid for it." (Wait, I guess they were making her a victim....)
So they reported the news? The horror!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies