Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 12:05 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wow. just wow.

I spit coffee all over my keyboard on that one
Of course you do. You don't see it as being harsh when they report what you feel like is "fact", just like others don't feel it was wrong to report on Bush and his phony WMD.

But the press has:
Bowed to the right on climate change, in light of much evidence
-Bowed to the right on ACA, even though it was what Obama was elected to do
-Continues to race bait (but doesn't call out the right when they blame everything on the race card)
-Allowed the **** brothers to basically buy out NPR
-and the list goes on.

The fact is that the right has won the propaganda war, and the press is doing what it has always done, and that is to do whatever it takes to "create news". Additionally they are creating more demand for ad-space by catering to the right, because the right is controlled by big business, and big business owns Washington.

Just because you agree with something does not mean it's not biased. (Everything is biased)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 12:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Of course, many think that criticism of Obama should be off limits.
Some may, but that's not what we're talking about here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Letterman kept his job though....but it's kinda grey since he's allegedly a comedian.

I'd have fired Lauten just for the simple fact that she was too stupid not to contain herself in social media while working in a communications oriented role....regardless of the target.

Kinda like truck drivers get harsher penalities for a DUI than accountants.
Letterman was not employed by a congressperson. His employer kept him on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
if this had been a democrat talking junk about the kids of a republican there would be no comment from the left.

because she is a republican, OMG REPUBLICANS THE WORLD OVER HATE LITTLE KIDS.

Here is the simple fact. Presidential kids are OFF LIMITS PERIOD.
I was mad when libs attacked GWBs kids (and watched this place where libs suggested it was totally fine to attack them) and Im mad at this woman for putting these girls in a spotlight they didnt ask for. Kids are always off limits.

Im glad she was fired. that isnt a republican/democrat-conservative/liberal thing. I just dont get why libs wont agree on the point.
Oh, bull! I've posted Obama's own comments about Bristol Palin's pregnancy. You may go back and do a search.

Which "libs" attacked GWB's kids? Be specific. Also be specific about posts here on CD that confirm "and watched this place where libs suggested it was totally fine to attack them". They were arrested in 2001. I don't believe there was a CD back then. Remember, be specific. None of this "Oh, you know. . . " stuff. Actual quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Palin brought her kids on stage like every other presidential party ticket candidate does, and then the retard jokes and awful character assaults on her children started. Did Obama bring out his family on stage in 2008 like Palin did? Yes. Were his daughters assaulted in the media like Palin's were, did people accuse Obama of not being the father of his daughters? No. No. And no.
Actually, Obama did not parade his kids around as much as Palin did. For the most part, his kids were at home in Chicago with their grandmother, going to school. Palin had hers with her. At the time, I thought (and said here on CD) that was OK, after all she was d*mned if she did and d*mned if she didn't with her kids. Women get that kind of crap, more than men do. Trig was an infant, and she was still breast feeding. Kind of hard to do that if you're on the campaign trail and the kid is back in Alaska.

Again, a quote from any politician or any politician's employee about a "retard" joke. I'm waiting. As far as accusing Obama of not being their father, I seem to recall stuff like that, let alone crap about how Barack Obama, Sr. was not really Obama's father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
'That's news?': Media ignored Gruber but are all over Lauten resignation
Gruber trolled American voters much worse than Lauten trolled Sasha and Malia. Guess which one got more TV coverage?

Nets instantly jumped on GOP Hill aide story; ignored Gruber flap for days

Typical media
It's so funny when people post a link to a news story, and then claim it's not being followed by the media!

Old 12-02-2014, 12:28 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Palin cameigned on a platform of family values, and very specifically came out against educating our children on sex ed. She was very insistent that the programs were a major contributor to teen pregnancy. Her daughter was a glowing example of how her policy didn't work.

She made the choice to parade her kid out there AFTER she made a choice to make the issue a major part of her platform. She is also the one that went ape-***** when people pointed out that her policy had repurcussions. They didn't start calling Bristol a Tramp until 1) after Sarah went on her rampage, and specifically 2) after the entire family started showing up in the tabloids with one unbelievable Jerry Springer experience after another. That lady had more curruption in her pinky-finger that Obama has in his entire body.

Also note that the tabloids (typically more right-leaning to cater to the corresponding intellect) reported this, not the legit media.....

ladies and gentlmen of the jury.

here is the classic leftist tactic.

There is always a reason to attack the kids of republicans but never one to attack the children of democrats. period now SHUT UP.

its disgusting the lengths liberals will go to show how righteous they are in their borish behavior.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:33 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:

There is always a reason to attack the kids of republicans but never one to attack the children of democrats. period now SHUT UP.
Did Palin campaign on family values? Did she come out against sex education in schools? Was her child pregnant in spite of her mother's lecturing the country on family values?

Yes, yes and yes. No one attacked Bristol, they attacked her mother for her "do as I say, not as I do" preaching. Sorry that you are incapable of discerning the difference, but most of us are not quite so obtuse.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Did Palin campaign on family values? Did she come out against sex education in schools? Was her child pregnant in spite of her mother's lecturing the country on family values?

Yes, yes and yes. No one attacked Bristol, they attacked her mother for her "do as I say, not as I do" preaching. Sorry that you are incapable of discerning the difference, but most of us are not quite so obtuse.
I still think it was inappropriate to attack Bristol. And I will say, I think the media was pretty kind to Bristol during the campaign. The Daily Kos went off the rails, but what else is new there, and their premise was that Bristol was Trig's mother, not Sarah.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Elizabeth Lauten was arrested for shoplifting when she was 17. The holier than thou GOP staffer showed no class and her parents must have been horrible role models. I'm glad this is coming back to bite her.

"Dear Sasha and Malia, ...dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar."

"Dear Elizabeth, ...dress like you deserve respect, not a spot behind bars."

GOP Staffer Who Attacked Obama Girls Was Arrested During Her Own "Awful Teen Years" | The Smoking Gun
Sorry not a felon, she was arrested on a misdemeanor charge, end of story: that is not the same as a felony and yes, she used poor judgement in her comments about the Obama girls, she might be right, but she had no business posting something like that. The Bush girls were attacked and certainly Chelsea. The press showed no mercy on the Reagan kids and as mentioned the press had a blast with Sarah and her kids. This is just uncalled for in my book and I don't care who is in the whitehouse or in DC. Leave the kids out of it. Still calling her a felon, is totally incorrect and uncalled for. Let me also add, if you knew how many kids while under 18 got picked up for shop lifting you would be amazed. That isn't the same thing as being an 18 year old thug, that steals something, doesn't even hide it and ruffs up the employee of the place, then doesn't obey a cop. It is easy to see what you are getting at.

Last edited by nmnita; 12-02-2014 at 12:48 PM..

Old 12-02-2014, 12:43 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:

its disgusting the lengths liberals will go to show how righteous they are in their borish behavior.
The left didn't attack Palin's kids. They simply said that her policy of ignoring the problem didn't work, and held up Bristol Palin as an example. It was Palin herself (and others on the right) that made the judgement that anyone who gets pregnant out of wedlock is somehow a lower class person and deserves to be attacked.

In fairness, I'm pretty sure that Palin would not have gone on the offensive like that if she knew at the time that her daughter was going to get herself pregnant. But it wasn't the left who said those terrible things, it was Palin. If the Left could have had their way, they would have helped Bristol, educated her, and the situation would have never happened.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:45 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
'That's news?': Media ignored Gruber but are all over Lauten resignation
Gruber trolled American voters much worse than Lauten trolled Sasha and Malia. Guess which one got more TV coverage?

Nets instantly jumped on GOP Hill aide story; ignored Gruber flap for days

Typical media
The Gruber story wasn't that big while this is because it is another social media status faux paus cause celeb. Oh and by the way, it was directed at two girls that are minors under the law who are the children of the POTUS. The Gruber story was not a national tragedy or scandal, so it wasn't talked about as oppose to say Ferguson, MO; the Buffalo blizzard; ISIS beheadings; etc. To say it is, is wrong.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Hasn't Obama confessed to violating the drug laws as young man in college? I can even guess the number confessing to violations in reading their words or on interviews.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:53 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
They reported it with a bias. I was responding to someone who specifically asked for an update when they did it. They did it, I updated.
No, they did not report it with a bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies