Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 10:47 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
But you aren't a child and neither am I.

I don't pick on anyone...but I have seen first hand how those who are "figuring themselves out" have affected other children (including one of mine) and it's NOT ok.

School is about going to class and learning, it's not a fashion show, it's not a coming out party. Do it on your own time.
How did it affect your child. My best friends daughter, who is in middle school, is best friends with a transgender. She is extremely protective of her friend. And yes, it is ok....they don't bite.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:15 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How did it affect your child. My best friends daughter, who is in middle school, is best friends with a transgender. She is extremely protective of her friend. And yes, it is ok....they don't bite.
I think some people forget that transgenders are humans too.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:39 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
"In one short paragraph of a 34-page memo released on Dec. 1, the Department of Education articulated a clear stance on gender identity, saying transgender students in public schools should be enrolled in single-sex classes that align with how they live their lives day-to-day."

Feds Say Transgender Students Gender Identity Must Be Respected
If they aren't going to mainstream them, put their classroom next to the Drama Department.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:51 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
If your hanging it use the boys bathroom if not use the girls.

If school district want to pony up the money have a separate bathroom for unassigned.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:18 AM

778 posts, read 823,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I think the fact that people who have GRS, are usually no happier after the surgery, gives me a LOT of skepticism about the wisdom and ethics of this butchery. Some of them are quite horrified after actually going through with the mutilation-surgery.....and they still don't feel like their gender has been actually CHANGED.........probably because it hasn't.

I would bypass all the propaganda and political correctness...and actually TREAT gender-identity-disorder as a true psychological problem.

Gender dysphoria: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Treatment
Individual and family therapy is recommended for children to create a supportive environment at home and in school. Individual and, if appropriate, couples therapy is recommended for adults.
Sex reassignment through surgery and hormonal therapy is an option. But identity problems may continue after this treatment.
Satisfaction with treatment--whether hormonal, surgical, or psychological--is fairly high. I'm curious about where you're getting your information regarding surgery satisfaction.

And let me state, as I have many times before: not every trans person has surgery.

What, in your mind, is "propaganda and political correctness"? What methods do you propose for treatment? If you're going to stop doing something that's shown to work, you need to prove that your way works better, and you haven't proven a single thing yet.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Translation, if a male "feels" like a female and tries to emulate female characteristics, he should be allowed use of the girls bathrooms?

I'd pull my kids out of any school that followed these guidelines. This really puts girls at risk.
That's not quite how it works, and if you'd read up on any of this at all you'd know that. If that's how you feel, you'd just better keep your kids out of public restrooms in general, because we use them all the time.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Tell me the part about respecting some dude in a dress again... He says he's a girl, I should believe he's a girl? If he believes he's a penguin, should I?

Keeping it to yourself works two ways then. As was said above:

"School is about going to class and learning, it's not a fashion show, it's not a coming out party." Trannies need to understand this part if any tolerance is ever to be gained.
Seriously. I've told you about "tranny". Stop.

Trans kids have a right to go to school, a right to the equal use of facilities, and the right to feel safe. Thinking otherwise is bigotry, plain and simple.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
If they aren't going to mainstream them, put their classroom next to the Drama Department.
Trans kids are in the same classes as everyone else, so I'm not really sure what you're implying.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:12 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times
I had a hard time opening your thread.
For fear of what I might type and say

This all makes me sick
I will leave it at that

Old 12-08-2014, 03:44 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.”

If only people followed their Bible. /sigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies