Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 01:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times

Advertisements

I say let it shut down. As I said, if you or me run out of money we can't go to the bank and "demand" more money. If we don't have the money to pay the bills they shut the service down.

Why is it that government can? Why is it more popular to give them more. And as you all can see they haven't learned, they never will if we keep this going. The only way they will learn to control their spending is for the people to say no more. Get the government house in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 01:33 PM

29,609 posts, read 16,595,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I say let it shut down. As I said, if you or me run out of money we can't go to the bank and "demand" more money. If we don't have the money to pay the bills they shut the service down.

Why is it that government can? Why is it more popular to give them more. And as you all can see they haven't learned, they never will if we keep this going. The only way they will learn to control their spending is for the people to say no more. Get the government house in order.
yes you can, loans, leases, mortgages...... people do it all the time.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
yes you can, loans, leases, mortgages...... people do it all the time.
They won't lend you money if your debt to income ratio is too high. So what is governments D/I ratio or does government just look at the people as way to increase the income side of the D/I ratio by raising taxes?

So why would Pelosi care about controlling government spending, they'll just raise taxes on the American people.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:38 PM

45,647 posts, read 27,275,817 times
Quote:
There are 234 Republicans in the House of Representatives. So who else would be responsible for that shut down ????????

The whip count says they need 70 Democratic votes to pass this bill, that means about 86 republicans are going to vote no.

So who else would be responsible for that shut down ????????
Do we have a budget? Why not? The House has been approving budgets...

Isn't a shutdown about funding the government? Who is spending the money? Republicans only?

Old 12-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Do we have a budget? Why not? The House has been approving budgets...

Isn't a shutdown about funding the government? Who is spending the money? Republicans only?
You do realize the bill that isnt going to pass is a budget one right, so obviously they havent been approving budgets.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
You do realize the bill that isnt going to pass is a budget one right, so obviously they havent been approving budgets.
It doesn't include the spending Pelosi wants? As I said,... shut her down. Force both sides to stop spending like a bunch of heathens.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
They will shut you off if your debt to income ratio is too high. So what is governments D/I ratio or do they just look at the people as way to increase the income by raising taxes?

Debt To Income Ratio: Lenders look at this ratio when they are trying to decide whether to lend you money or extend credit. A low DTI shows you have a good balance between debt and income. As you might guess, lenders like this number to be low -- generally you'll want to keep it below 36, but the lower it is, the greater the chance you will be able to get the loans or credit you seek.
Did you really feel the need to define debt to income ???????????????????????????

anyways, your argument was that people couldnt run to banks and ask for more money, they obviously can, you cant add parameters to your argument after the fact.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Did you really feel the need to define debt to income ???????????????????????????

anyways, your argument was that people couldnt run to banks and ask for more money, they obviously can, you cant add parameters to your argument after the fact.
Well Gruber did say that the American voter (meaning those who vote Democrat) are economic illeterates.

And NO people can't just run to the banks to get more money. They can ASK but they can't DEMAND. Banks use the debt to income ratio to determine if they will loan the money. This is just Pelosi knowing full well that the liberal media will blame R's.

But never question why we are constantly in this position time and time again. No not the liberal media. They will never say government is spending too much.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
It doesn't include the spending Pelosi wants? As I said,... shut her down. Force both sides to stop spending like a bunch of heathens.
I dont know what it includes, its "1600" pages. But it doesnt matter if it includes the spending she wants, there are 234 Republicans in the House.

You cant blame Democrats because your own party cant get 218 of 234 to vote for a bill

Old 12-11-2014, 01:48 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,888,793 times
House leaders have delayed the final vote as they try to shore up support, so it's not at all certain this will pass.

"Pelosi sensed the measure is in deep trouble, and sent a "dear colleague" letter to her members, urging them to stay united against the bill in spite of a White House statement in support.

"It is clear from this recess on the floor that the Republicans don’t have enough votes to pass the CRomnibus," Pelosi wrote. "This increases our leverage to get two offensive provisions of the bill removed: the bank bailout and big money for campaigns provision."

Democrats Nearly Sink Omnibus Spending Bill Over Dodd-Frank Change

I hope they stay united and force the removal of those two provisions. They are atrocious and need to be taken out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies