Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 09:54 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
I think homosexuality is spread by cultural influences and our acceptance of deviancy and perversion is affecting young people and the habits they form early. Robertson SHOULD understand that the Scriptures warn of an INCREASE in deviancy in the Last Days, not less.
I think your theory is baseless nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 09:56 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think of Pat Robertson what I think of most vocal "Christian" males who constantly make noise about homosexuals, they are unsure of their own sexuality and this is their way of trying to choose a side.
SUUUUUUUURRRRRRE

Old 12-17-2014, 09:57 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Christian Broadcasting Network host and former presidential candidate Pat Robertson predicts that gay people are on the verge of extinction because "they don't reproduce."

Here is the story:

What? Pat Robertson predicts gays will go extinct ‘because they don’t reproduce’

Your thoughts???
My thoughts? He's an idiot. Homosexuality isn't hereditary. If it was, it logically would not exist. They'd already be extinct if reproduction was a factor. In fact, they wouldn't even exist at all. If it had to be transferred through reproduction, the first homosexual would probably be the last. The mutation would be so uncommon that the concept of homosexuality wouldn't even exist.

But that's not how it works. So, my thoughts are he's an idiot. And sadly, idiots are allowed to give their opinions. Then bigger idiots believe them. The circle of life.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:57 PM

698 posts, read 798,402 times
A Homosexual, by definition in the Bible, isn't saved.

So Pat Robertson whom I suspect would say the Bible is his authority, has stated exactly what the Bibles outcome is for homosexuals

They will be extinct.

Except he's put a bizarre twist on it which is not based in scripture

Also let me clarify that the Bible teaches a Christian is saved via being Covered through

Christs blood on the Cross so this person, who by definition of doing homosexual acts is a homosexual, is NO longer a homosexual

They are not viewed as a Sinner but a Saint. Just as other sins are covered through his blood, this one could be too.

But it's not something to bank on,, keep sinning freely. I am just saying it is possible.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:58 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
I think homosexuality is spread by cultural influences and our acceptance of deviancy and perversion is affecting young people and the habits they form early. Robertson SHOULD understand that the Scriptures warn of an INCREASE in deviancy in the Last Days, not less.
Man, I wish all you religious nuts would rapture up into the clouds already, and leave the rest of us here in peace. And please, be sure to take Pat with you.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Silly Pat. They don't reproduce. They recruit.
Of course.

You just show up at Gay Recruiting Office.

Once you see the fabulous uniforms, you'll want to join the Rainbow Army that instant!

Old 12-17-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal1 View Post
A Homosexual, by definition in the Bible, isn't saved.

So Pat Robertson whom I suspect would say the Bible is his authority, has stated exactly what the Bibles outcome is

Except in a very bizarre fashion which is not based in scripture

Also let me clarify that the Bible teaches a Christian is saved via being Covered through

Christs blood on the Cross so this person, who by definition of doing homosexual acts is a homosexual, is NO longer a homosexual

They are not viewed as a Sinner but a Saint. Just as other sins are covered through his blood, this one could be too.

But it's not something to bank on,, keep sinning freely. I am just saying it is possible.
As a non-Christian, this opinion is meaningless to me.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:04 PM

698 posts, read 798,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
As a non-Christian, this opinion is meaningless to me.
It doesn't matter whether you are Christian or not, I'd think you'd want to understand his stance.

And this is not an opinion, its what the bible teaches. Whether you are a Christian or not, makes no difference

Old 12-17-2014, 10:07 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter whether you are Christian or not, I'd think you'd want to understand his stance.

And this is not an opinion, its what the bible teaches. Whether you are a Christian or not, makes no difference
Ehh...

There is fact to what you say. It is in the Bible. No one argues that. The opinion part comes from it's relevancy. Some think the Bible is the most truthful document ever; others do not. So, it is an opinion. The only fact is that it's written down, but what is written down is not necessarily fact.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:19 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:

We understand Pat perfectly. He's been saying hateful, ridiculous, asinine things about gays for years:

"You know what they do in San Francisco, some in the gay community there they want to get people so if they got the stuff they’ll have a ring, you shake hands, and the ring’s got a little thing where you cut your finger. Really. It’s that kind of vicious stuff, which would be the equivalent of murder.”

“I would warn Orlando that you’re right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don’t think I’d be waving those [rainbow] flags in God’s face if I were you.”

"[Gay people say] we're not only going to go into the schools and we're going to take your children and your grandchildren and turn them into homosexuals." Now that's wrong."

"The widespread practice of homosexuality will bring about the destruction of your nation, if it will bring about terrorist bombs, if it'll bring about earthquakes, tornadoes and possibly a meteor, it isn't necessarily something we ought to open our arms to."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149408/quotes

And that's just a small sample. There are many, many more.

Yeah, I think we all are very clear on what Pat's stance is. He is a very clear indication of why I left Christianity behind me years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies