Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 01:38 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,677,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Did you have this "problem" before Obama became president or after?
i knew this was coming. its a very low information response from someone who boils politics down to the very simplest of terms. i have always had this problem and will always have it. im not a much bigger fan of gwb than i am of obama.

i consider myself a tea party member and consider the rise of the tea party a response to george bush, not obama.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:42 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Anyway he's still President when he's on Christmas vacation. It's not exactly a relaxing vacation when you're on call at all times depending upon whatever catastrophic event may suddenly occur. Most of us get to turn off thoughts of beheadings, terrorist attacks, nightmarish weather events, mass shootings, and other urgent occurrences that can happen at any moment. But he's in charge at all times and has to deal with whatever happens. I hope he can get some quality time with his family in the place where he grew up.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:43 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Everything in bold with the exception of the AF1 travel is paid for by Barack and his family.
You don't believe that do you?

His trips are 100% paid for by some WH travel budget.
I doubt the man has given a tip since he's been in office.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:52 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Everything in bold with the exception of the AF1 travel is paid for by Barack and his family.
Not that I don't believe you,
If it truly is, then this thread was made in error.

Can you show me where their is reporting that Obama pays for all, but the Secret Service Agents.

Thanks

Old 12-19-2014, 01:54 PM

520 posts, read 600,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Nope!!!!
And by you rolling your eyes at me, was rude.
I guess you really did not need to ask me, cause you already decided that answer for the question you asked me.

Call me old fashion.

But I am from the school that politicians ARE FOR THE PEOPLE.
Public servants.
Well, then, you really should have specified that in your original post and asked the forum what we thought of politicians in general taking vacations on or off the taxpayer dime. So, another eye roll for you.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramercy View Post
Well, then, you really should have specified that in your original post and asked the forum what we thought of politicians in general taking vacations on or off the taxpayer dime. So, another eye roll for you.
Really???
Who are you to say what a thread should be titled??

Wow

Old 12-19-2014, 02:00 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,024,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i knew this was coming. its a very low information response from someone who boils politics down to the very simplest of terms. i have always had this problem and will always have it. im not a much bigger fan of gwb than i am of obama.

i consider myself a tea party member and consider the rise of the tea party a response to george bush, not obama.
Wow, that's interesting. I thought the tea party loved Bush.

Okay. Thanks for your honest answer. I appreciate it.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Anyway he's still President when he's on Christmas vacation. It's not exactly a relaxing vacation when you're on call at all times depending upon whatever catastrophic event may suddenly occur. Most of us get to turn off thoughts of beheadings, terrorist attacks, nightmarish weather events, mass shootings, and other urgent occurrences that can happen at any moment. But he's in charge at all times and has to deal with whatever happens. I hope he can get some quality time with his family in the place where he grew up.

Very good points.
And I can see that.

It is hard to swallow when there is so much turmoil now.
And so many people working hard to make ends meet.

And yes, other presidents have done so upon other times of turmoil and economic turbulence.
And I didn't like it then.

Obama is President now, via my thread title.
And I still do not like it.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:07 PM

672 posts, read 789,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Thank you for asking

In Hawaii if he wants.
But him footing the bill.

Bodyguards and Secret Service I can see taxpayers paying for that.

Food, lodging, travel expenses entertainment etc , They, Obama family pays for.

I suppose that he can pay when Carter, and Bushes 1 and 2 and Clinton all pay up, right? Am I missing any living President? I suppose that we could go after Mrs Reagan, after all, she dolled up the White House on the taxpayer's dime, and she enjoyed most of those vacations.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
I suppose that he can pay when Carter, and Bushes 1 and 2 and Clinton all pay up, right? Am I missing any living President? I suppose that we could go after Mrs Reagan, after all, she dolled up the White House on the taxpayer's dime, and she enjoyed most of those vacations.
How about moving forward and making changes??

Bad in the past, yes.
Bad in the present, yes.
Let's make it better for tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies