Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 11:07 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
It's another show of the arrogance of this country's policemen. They feel that they are entitled to do whatever they please. Sea lasso had every right to talk about his son. Police brutality is a reality for young black men in this country.
Another cop hater identifies himself, thanx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 11:09 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
From what I have read, in my opinion, these are some of the reasons NYPD officers may be angry with de Blasio:

De Blasio ran an anti-cop campaign for mayor.

He told the public that he told his young son to be wary of cops because he was black.*

He called a violent attack on cops by protesters, captured on camera, an alleged attack.

He allowed anti-cop protesters to break the laws instead of enforcing the laws.

*"Because Chirlane and I have had to talk to Dante for years about the dangers that he may face. A good young man, law-abiding young man who would never think to do anything wrong. And yet, because of a history that still hangs over us, the dangers he may face, we've had to literally train him—as families have all over this city for decades—in how to take special care in any encounter he has with the police officers who are there to protect him.

And that painful sense of contradiction that our young people see first, that our police are here to protect us, and we honor that, and at the same time, there's a history we have to overcome, because for so many of our young people, there's a fear. And for so many of our families, there's a fear.

So I've had to worry over the years. Chirlane's had to worry. Is Dante safe each night? There are so many families in this city who feel that each and every night. Is my child safe? And not just from some of the painful realities—crime and violence in some of our neighborhoods—but is safe from the very people they want to have faith in as their protectors.

That's the reality."
And sadly in this case, it WAS the TRUTH.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:11 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
It's another show of the arrogance of this country's policemen. They feel that they are entitled to do whatever they please. Sea lasso had every right to talk about his son. Police brutality is a reality for young black men in this country.

This has nothing to do with these cops who were shot. They were killed because of their uniform.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:13 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
And sadly in this case, it WAS the TRUTH.
Unsurprising coming from you. What criminal charges or crimes have you faced? That's the only real explanation.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:29 AM

858 posts, read 707,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Another cop hater identifies himself, thanx.

Why does it have to be one way or the other? Why can't he support the cops while admitting that there's a need for improvement and an outreach needed to improve relations with the people? Likewise, the need to hold Police officers accountable when they step over the line. Whether the NYPD wants to admit it or not, there is a perception of them by many people in the city. NYPD saying 'no we don't' and then trying to bully the mayor to backing them doesn't change that.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:52 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Seven pages and zero good answers. Go figure.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:30 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
I see these videos of Police officers turning their back on Deblasio and I'm not sure why. I can't see any reason why they would blame him for the 2 officers that got shot. The most I can find is that they think he is not backing them. If so, can someone point to what he said? I saw where he said he instructed his black son on how to deal with cops if he's ever stopped and that seems perfectly fine and what I would expect of any parents of black kids.

Either way, I think it is a terribly disrespectful thing for them to do at a funeral of all places....and even the hospital. and I mean disrespectful to the family and the officer at the funeral. They may have differences but now they just took attention away from their fallen officer. There's a time and a place for it and that was not it. If they want to do it at a department meeting or at a political rally, fine. Not at a funeral. I'm actually quite disappointed and saddened that they did that.
Fostered and enabled rhetoric that led to violence, a scenario Pelosi warned us about.

"Nancy Pelosi spoke this afternoon about how some of the rhetoric that's being used could lead to violence. In a sign of how she is genuinely worried about this, she chocked up as she referenced the murder of Harvey Milk during the 1970's and the violent rhetoric that lead up to that tragedy."

Old 12-28-2014, 06:47 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,602 times
Quote:
Why does it have to be one way or the other? Why can't he support the cops while admitting that there's a need for improvement and an outreach needed to improve relations with the people? Likewise, the need to hold Police officers accountable when they step over the line. Whether the NYPD wants to admit it or not, there is a perception of them by many people in the city. NYPD saying 'no we don't' and then trying to bully the mayor to backing them doesn't change that.
Because he's an idiot; to have not called on the cops to stop the protestors marching onto highways and bridges - closing both - he added to his image as a pandering imbecile trying to appeal to the bottom of society. A city of laws does not allow a few hundred al sharpton sycophants to take over parts of a city with 8.5 million people.

By stating that he told his kid to watch out for cops was another idiocy; you do not appeal to the city's vast law-following working and middle class by saying that the cops cannot be trusted, unless you plan on firing all of them and replacing them outright.

He stoked a hostile environment where the protestors, many of whom are at the bottom of society and lawbreakers/criminals themselves, are being given the same credence and defense that obama has provided for the illegal alien criminal trespassers. In 2014 society where crime is down, and americans are older in general and law abiding, extolling the "rights" of lawbreakers and criminals is not going to be acceptable to most americans.

The animal who shot the 2 cops referred to the protests in his online postings, so while he may have been disturbed, there were many who want to follow his path, and were emboldened by the mayor's soft handling of the protestors/law-breakers.

He has actually done me and most other NYers a favor - he has solidified his position as a one-term mayor.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:49 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
I see these videos of Police officers turning their back on Deblasio and I'm not sure why. I can't see any reason why they would blame him for the 2 officers that got shot. The most I can find is that they think he is not backing them. If so, can someone point to what he said? I saw where he said he instructed his black son on how to deal with cops if he's ever stopped and that seems perfectly fine and what I would expect of any parents of black kids.

Either way, I think it is a terribly disrespectful thing for them to do at a funeral of all places....and even the hospital. and I mean disrespectful to the family and the officer at the funeral. They may have differences but now they just took attention away from their fallen officer. There's a time and a place for it and that was not it. If they want to do it at a department meeting or at a political rally, fine. Not at a funeral. I'm actually quite disappointed and saddened that they did that.
He did or said nothing wrong. This is why critics never supply quotes of what he says that was so over the top.

Many of his critics have used very extreme language blaming him, saying he is anti cop, blah blah but never with supporting quotes.

Just this general idea that he criticized police tactics in favor of "those people".

Same old racist America nonsense.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:52 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
He did or said nothing wrong.
Are you for real?

Quote:
Same old racist America nonsense.
"Racist" against who? You mean the same old leftwing label tossed when they have no argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies